Fma headset, need help please

chris hunt

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys 

hope someone can help me, I have a Fma rac style headset, I’m running kenwood radios with the correct ptt but when I try and use comms with my fellow team mates they can’t hear me also I can’t hear them through the headset due to it being very quiet, I have changed the battery’s in the headset and change the headset to indoor and listening mode and still have the same problems, could someone please point me in the right direction to fixing this.

thanks 

Edited by chris hunt

• chris hunt changed the title to Fma headset, need help please
  • Supporters

How old are they , are they new or have you had them for awhile ? unfortunately mate it could be as simple as a bolloxed headset , quality control is very lax to say the least on these products( most long time players have a good few knackered headsets in there junk box !)so if there new id get on to the retailer , if not ? then I’d say be prepared for a good chance your stuck with a fubar’ed headset .😢

If you have had it working in the past and now there are issues I'd suggest they might have died.

If however it's a bed item/first time use issue it might be a mono connection at the ptt and you've got a stereo connection in the headset.

I had a similar issue recently and changing the onnetion type to a mono lead sorted it right out.

Edited by concretesnail
addition

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.