Shims and how to get them to stay put.

Harold

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Title says it all really, I have a Real sword SVD in bits every time I try to get the gearbox back together the tappet plate pushes up on two of the shims, this is due to tappet spring not having any guides and just being 'wedge' fitted so every time I try to mount the gearbox back the piston rides up and hits the tappet plate causing the spring to pushing it up further.

Its frustrating as hell and wasn't sure if there was a trick or tip I am missing, thanks in advance, I'll upload some pics as well

these are the two shims as you can see the tappet sit just under one and the second usually get knocked off in the process

Inkedc750c4b8-1f65-4b38-9c76-850cff124970_LI.jpg

Edited by Harold

Hi, I push and hold the nozzle back a short way , to hold the plate back and clear of the shims, as I'm putting the cover back on, then once a couple of the cover  screws are in place, you can release the nozzle..

You need 4 hands!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.