Krytac KRISS Vector

Slothface

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

UPDATE: I’ve figured the factory mosfet is a very simple one. It doesn’t even have very basic functions covered by other factory Mosfets, like cycle completion which is very disappointing at its price point. 

I’ve found a drop in programmable mosfet by Perun which solves all my gripes I had in my OP below. Pre-cocking and cycle completion were my main gripes. The factory vector was slow, sluggish and sloppy. Such a shame when the 30k motor is ready for so much more! Here is a link to the mosfet. I’m not an Airsoft tech and it was straight forward to install. I bought mine from Airsoft Tiger 111, Hong Kong. Reliable and quick delivery for the distance. Land warrior also have them in stock. Product link: https://perunairsoft.pl/vector/

OP:

Hi all,

Pressing/tapping my trigger rapidly in semi-auto is not fully cycling my shots. In semi-auto I have to have my finger pressing the trigger for the whole cylinder cycle otherwise it will stop mid cycle. 

All my other AEGs will fully cycle a shot, even with the shortest of trigger taps. Am I missing something? All advice appreciated. 

Edited by Slothface
Solved

What are your other AEG's?

That's where a MOSFET is used.

I'm sure someone here can tell you which one you would need for the Vector though I believe its a pain to fit one in that gun.

Edited by EDcase

It’s advertised as having a mosfet. I know a “mosfet” in the Airsoft world can be as simple as a transistor to protect a trigger switch and go all the way to have a board to control braking and cycles, but not sure what the vector is supposed to have. 

My other AEGs include the likes of ASG Scorpion EVO. 

It has an electronic trigger, but nothing like pre-cocking and cycles etc.

There are a couple of company’s whose names escape me that have just started producing one, don’t thin’ they’re in the wild yet.

You need a GBB 

178B0D0F-9112-4C05-B8D5-4E1312136F35.jpeg

On 20/10/2021 at 21:34, Slothface said:

Pressing/tapping my trigger rapidly in semi-auto is not fully cycling my shots. In semi-auto I have to have my finger pressing the trigger for the whole cylinder cycle otherwise it will stop mid cycle. 

Unfortunately that does sound very sluggish which makes me wonder if there is some cause of additional resistance slowing things down in the gearbox. could be anything from awful shimming, burning out motor or even just low voltage(Flat) batteries so it is probably worth sending to a tech if you're not confident in opening up yourself. someone like Negative airsoft with a good reputation should be able to sort you out.

If you do want to go down the mosfet route for precocking a Gate warfet may be an easier option, but whatever is causing this needs to be looked at first really.

Thanks for the replies guys. The gun hasn’t been skirmished. Only a few rounds through it from new for testing. So if this is how it rolls, pretty disappointed with the out of the box performance for its price bracket. Love the design of the gearbox and how they’ve broken the mould to the usual but still. 

Looks like I’ll have to find something to drop in to take care of pre-cocking and cycles. 

(I do have the KWA GBB too rocketdogbert! It’s awesome! (When it doesn’t blow!)) 

Firstly are you using 11.1s or 7.4s? You need 11.1s and you can get ones that fit in the standard grip.

My Vector needed a cut down M120 to get to 350 fps. It sounds to me something is struggling. Even though its new, that means nothing in terms of how well it was put together. 

Take the box apart. Check for missing teeth, bad shimming, over grease etc. 

I had a Vector and its was really snappy in stock form with an 11.1.

So while this will be obvious, you have an issue somewhere and you are going to need to get into it to work out what. 

Also the vector has propriety parts. So yeah... This could be fun for you. 

That said, it might be that you are feathering your trigger faster than the gun can actually work.
That being the case, a short stroked or dsg gearbox is your future.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/10/2021 at 19:03, rocketdogbert said:

It has an electronic trigger, but nothing like pre-cocking and cycles etc.

There are a couple of company’s whose names escape me that have just started producing one, don’t thin’ they’re in the wild yet.

You need a GBB 

178B0D0F-9112-4C05-B8D5-4E1312136F35.jpeg

That’s a real beauty you have there, if it is yours.

9 hours ago, WinterSniper said:

That’s a real beauty you have there, if it is yours.

It was sold, now, was made an offer I couldn’t refuse lol.

I built another (Gas blow back again of course)

3A75F875-DC4E-4075-811B-410E516F81FF.thumb.jpeg.72ac4f1bb381357e240b6954656ef60d.jpeg32EF7C3F-AACD-408E-93B2-C0EBEAA86AF5.thumb.jpeg.cd523c54bb4e99b7421431c587756de0.jpeg264FFE1E-CE8B-4684-A482-7C8B1752674C.thumb.jpeg.a2648def22f301413dee484e9d5b5177.jpeg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.