Game design bottle neck situation... HELP!!!

AirSniper

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My lads birthday soon and I am toying with the idea of hiring a site for the evening for him and his friends.

I have designed a game that is not the usual single objective, it needs some props and wonder if anyone knows where I can download the LARP kits that offer materials for role play games, scenarios, you know the sort of documents "Top Secret" and "Classified" with blurb inside. One of the objectives needs to be hidden amongst such paperwork.

I am stuck on the search term as everything I look for turns up documentation on how to plan and make and nothing like the "in game" documents props I am looking for.

If anyone knows of any resources, free or paid, please let me know, I am all out of hair to pull.

Thanks for the links.

The Etsy is not a physical download but a PDF. that looked promising until it said PDF :( yet some of the reviews talk of receiving the items along with a gift.

That makes it difficult to take to a print shop to get them to print off as they would need a copyright waiver off the author.

5 hours ago, EDcase said:

Dedicated dad 😉

Wouldn't it be easier to make yourself?

Just download and print some things from here or here

Funny, google just wouldn't serve me anything like that when I asked for "top secret" papers, etc... 

9 hours ago, AirSniper said:

Thanks for the links.

The Etsy is not a physical download but a PDF. that looked promising until it said PDF :( yet some of the reviews talk of receiving the items along with a gift.

That makes it difficult to take to a print shop to get them to print off as they would need a copyright waiver off the author.

Funny, google just wouldn't serve me anything like that when I asked for "top secret" papers, etc... 

A local printer ought to be happy to print a set from an Etsy PDF download, especially with the transaction receipt if needed

They generally worry about copyright for multiple runs or the use of branded materials.  They might question why you are bringing Top Secret documents to a print house if they don’t get the point of what you’re doing 

If you have your own printer it’s easier - download some fonts, make documents or download templates and print.

A brown envelope should run through most ink jets, and just by using a pretty font in red you have a giant TOP SECRET diagonal print over it

eg

https://fontmeme.com/fonts/top-secret-font/

A problem when using a print shop and random fonts is that they need to also have the font or it needs to be embedded into your document

Do you want meaningful documents or just any gibberish ?

For gibberish a blurred image or ‘the quick brown fox’ etc will suffice

If they need to read it for clues then you need to write some suitable ‘unrelated’ text that remains on topic to your scenario and that you can slot the clues in

(this needs to be as short as possible, eg one or two spaced out pages at most)

If you have a theme and the text you want to include then if you have time before the due date, I could probably knock up a couple of  documents that could go to a print house or your own printer - and an email with permission to use them 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.