TM MWS DMR Build

chrislocho

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Trying to get a DMR build together using the MWS. With a GBBR comes the problems of GBBR, but I am not planning to stop trying to make it work. All the while working with Joule limit instead of FPS.

You'd think ok longer barrel. But with the longer barrel comes Joule creep; 1.4+J using 0.2g bbs. So it just defeats the purpose of a DMR by using such low weight bbs.  Would you be able to give me some advice on how to put this DMR together? 

Currently I've got PDI 370 6.03 Barrel 
G&P adjustable nozzle valve (gold) 
0.3gbbs 

I want to keep using heavy weight bbs. But I'm iffy about a adjustable nozzle valve, not sure how much I can trust it to not move over time.  So I plan to get a 300mm barrel and see what else I can do with the valves.

I have a DMR build and it functions very well. 

Honestly, I would keep it simple and you need to go much heavier on the bbs

G&P NPAS
SixG Nub

0.45s Geoffs

Run on Propane

The NPAS you can mod to take an allen key and you will always been good to use a little bit of threadlock to keep the screw in place. Other than that, you should be good to go. 

Longer barrels dont make it more accurate and when a friend of mine tried building his MWS with one it just cocked it all up.
Removed it and it was good as gold. 

The only reason to increase the barrel length on the MWS is to increase the energy transferred to the BB thus upping the FPS.

If you don’t want to do this then a longer inner barrel doesn’t offer any benefit.

Just as a thought in the U.K. most DMRs will be semi locked so they can make use of the higher energy limits allowed by most sites for semi locked guns. If this isn’t your bag then you are really just tuning your regular gun.

Just a note on BB weight, if you are not trying to joule creep and are measuring muzzle energy properly .4g + bbs will be on the heavy side to get the best out of the MWS .32 - .36g will give the best performance in my experience (there is mountains of info on this in the MWS thread.

7 hours ago, Cyberlawyer said:

The only reason to increase the barrel length on the MWS is to increase the energy transferred to the BB thus upping the FPS.

If you don’t want to do this then a longer inner barrel doesn’t offer any benefit.

Just as a thought in the U.K. most DMRs will be semi locked so they can make use of the higher energy limits allowed by most sites for semi locked guns. If this isn’t your bag then you are really just tuning your regular gun.

Just a note on BB weight, if you are not trying to joule creep and are measuring muzzle energy properly .4g + bbs will be on the heavy side to get the best out of the MWS .32 - .36g will give the best performance in my experience (there is mountains of info on this in the MWS thread.

Depends entirely what FPS your site allows.

The sites i have used the DMR at are running 450fps on 2s. Which is mildly short of a bolty at 500fps. 

I have tried .32s and they are ok. I used .45s at 450fps and it went flat and straight of a scary distance. 

People say you need to up the bucking for 4+ but i've not had that with the stock TM and the SIX6

But everyone is different

At higher joule limits heavier bb’s make more sense. A 2.5 joule DMR rifle will get much more benefit from firing .45g bbs at 345 FPS than a 1.3 joule full auto rifle will get from firing .45g bbs at 249 FPS.

The original poster said he was working to joule limits and seemed unhappy that his longer barrel had joule crept up to 1.4 joules. Given heavier ammo also joule creeps (and the MWS joule creeps like crazy) he will likely get better range shooting something in the .32g - .36g range if trying to stay under 1.3j to be U.K. legal. If he is prepared to semi lock his gun and get up into 2j + territory then heavier bbs make absolute sense, but then the longer barrel wouldn’t be an issue.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.