New to Newcastle area.

willi_338

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

New to Newcastle area and looking to get back into the hobby. Any teams about or recommendations for sites near here?

I'm thinking normal skirmish days but I'm more into casual milsim. By that I mean, team stuff, but not hard-core seal/so all must wear exact everything.

If this makes little to no sense then general local info would be appreciated.

Hi there! I'm down the road a bit in Hartlepool. 

You've got several sites in the area:

NSC near the airport. Woodland gaming on a Paintball site. 

No limits - indoor CQB in Gateshead 

NTAC - small woodland site near Pittington 

Dirty dog - probably the main site in the area, a container village with woodland and open ground. Located at Shildon 

District 23 - similar to no limits. Billingham by the train station. 

Adrenalin - another Paintball site, near Richmond. 

Stirling airsoft - themed airsoft that tends to run weekend events around once a month, set on Catterick army base. 

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

16 hours ago, willi_338 said:

New to Newcastle area and looking to get back into the hobby. Any teams about or recommendations for sites near here?

I'm thinking normal skirmish days but I'm more into casual milsim. By that I mean, team stuff, but not hard-core seal/so all must wear exact everything.

If this makes little to no sense then general local info would be appreciated.

Thanks for the in depth reply, I will have to work through the list and find what fits. I enjoy the social of a random skirmish but like more structure in the games, a more defined area so caterrick sounds maybe my speed. I'm trying to avoid the speedsoft crowd, it's a branch of the sport that isn't what I look for as an ex speedball Paintball guy when I was a youth I feel like I've seen that and that is where (for me, to be clear) that belongs...a different discussion I suppose.

Am I asking too much with the serious but not really category. Like finding teams etc like that.

8 hours ago, Hudson said:

Hi there! I'm down the road a bit in Hartlepool. 

You've got several sites in the area:

NSC near the airport. Woodland gaming on a Paintball site. 

No limits - indoor CQB in Gateshead 

NTAC - small woodland site near Pittington 

Dirty dog - probably the main site in the area, a container village with woodland and open ground. Located at Shildon 

District 23 - similar to no limits. Billingham by the train station. 

Adrenalin - another Paintball site, near Richmond. 

Stirling airsoft - themed airsoft that tends to run weekend events around once a month, set on Catterick army base. 

Thanks for the in depth reply, I will have to work through the list and find what fits. I enjoy the social of a random skirmish but like more structure in the games, a more defined area so caterrick sounds maybe my speed. I'm trying to avoid the speedsoft crowd, it's a branch of the sport that isn't what I look for as an ex speedball Paintball guy when I was a youth I feel like I've seen that and that is where (for me, to be clear) that belongs...a different discussion I suppose.

Am I asking too much with the serious but not really category. Like finding teams etc like that

Apologies for the weird merged double post. Boomer lyfe

48 minutes ago, Brophy said:

Welcome to the forum, I bet your bank account is already swearing at you again!

Slightly. I already have a king arms m4 moe that needs a service and will be gtg and have my TM 416 devgru finally coming home after being sold to a mate but not being used so I'm taking custody back end of the year 🤣

Already have a PC and helmet and have always skirmished in old bdu pants since the days when blachawk down getup were the one. Need to look at a replacement sidearm as my old glock is a bit a chonky for real holsters.

5 hours ago, willi_338 said:

Thanks for the in depth reply, I will have to work through the list and find what fits. I enjoy the social of a random skirmish but like more structure in the games, a more defined area so caterrick sounds maybe my speed.

If you’re looking for some more info on each site (game types, facilities, prices, weather, location, etc), you can find it here:

If you happen to find any more that aren’t on PlayAirsoft, feel free to send your suggestions.

15 hours ago, shadowfacex said:

If you’re looking for some more info on each site (game types, facilities, prices, weather, location, etc), you can find it here:

If you happen to find any more that aren’t on PlayAirsoft, feel free to send your suggestions.

Sweet. Making my life far easier. Cheers bud

As you seem knowledgeable  @shadowfacexIs there a teams thread anywhere on here. Probably missed it getting sidetracked by all the other threads.

Team play is what I loved the sport for and I have been part of 2 great teams, one long passed and the other still going but further down country.

Edited by willi_338

@willi_338 You're giving me too much credit mate. I’m just a guy who decided to do something about the way people go about planning their airsoft outings, because it’s utterly broken and nobody seem to give a toss.

While I do work on aspects of PlayAirsoft that would next year bring the ability to organise into squads/teams, it’s not gone beyond planning right now, and I’m relatively new to the forum myself, so as much as I’d love to point you in the right direction, I’m as clueless about team play as you are.

That doesn’t mean I wouldn’t like to improve this... 😉

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 13/11/2021 at 21:37, DarthDraken said:

I dont know if this might help but here is a FB link for the north east airsoft community

https://www.facebook.com/groups/581995939258936/

hope it helps

Appreciate ya. I'll have a gander. I feel like it may be next year before I'm boots down but having some tools at hand to plan locations is ideal.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.