Someone who knows nothing about airsoft, could you recommend an AEG M4 of some kind? £200 ish

aircanman

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey everyone, new here so I hope this is cool.  

Looking for an electric M4 for my son around £200, he likes the Classic Army TRX-9 Link But after phoning around they are out of stock for a good month or so by the looks of it, plus I didn't realise these didn't come with batteries or chargers!! - Anyhoo, looking for something similar to this all metal if possible, happy to go up to £250 to include the battery and charger, does anyone have any suggestions? 

Thanks in advance!

See this:-

Couple of points if I may.

-Metals not all its cracked up to be. Yes it's more durable, more like the real thing etc but it's also heavier. Plastic guns are easier to wield through the day (especially for newbies).

-Look for bundle deals where batts, chargers, mags etc included. Makes things easier and better value.

-From personal experience, I bought a Lancer Tactical M933 as my first AEG. £100 and everything included - decent battery, decent charger, hi cap mag, cleaning rod. Many of the CYMAs also come with all the bits n bobs included and are generally excellent value.

Welcome Aircanman,

Unfortunately stock is low everywhere.

There are many variants that look similar to the TRX-9 which are under £200 or even £150 so have a look what's available in the UK retailers.

Patrolbase is another good place to look.

CYMA and JG are good budget manufacturers.

SpecnaArms: Some have reported problems but they are generally regarded good value.

G&G are popular with some.

I have no experience with LancerTactical so maybe someone else can comment.

Stay away from Nuprol weapons, batteries, chargers.

You can bet any 'special deal' from a shop including battery and charger will be more beneficial to the seller than you.

If a gun comes with a battery and charger from the manufacturer then it will be enough to test and play a bit but if its going to be used regularly its always worth buying a good battery or two and decent charger.

There are discussions about batteries and chargers on this forum that you can do a quick search to find.

Edited by EDcase

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, SYLOKEI said:

Can I ask why? Nuprol lipo batteries & chargers are used by all my friends & most of my local site

Nuprol chargers generally have a very bad rep . Prone to failing and trashing batteries especially the 'plug it in and press start' type.  For Lipo charging always get a good programable balance charger like a B6 or I use an Overlander one . 

19 minutes ago, SYLOKEI said:

Can I ask why? Nuprol lipo batteries & chargers are used by all my friends & most of my local site

Nuprol don't make anything they just rebrand other manufacturers. You generally have no guarantee of build quality or it it's even fit for purpose when buying Nuprol.

4 hours ago, SYLOKEI said:

As above.

They rebrand the cheapest products they can source.

Gas is about the only thing worth buying from them.

Batteries may be OK but definitely stay away from their chargers. (Decent batteries include: Vapex, KongPower, Turnigy)

Look at SkyRC for decent Li-Po chargers.

Nuprol recently made a deal with WE to distribute in Europe/UK so some guns may OK but better to buy WE branded ones directly.

Edited by EDcase

• Supporters

And we're not saying that all Nuprol batteries and chargers will fail.

But when we do hear about a battery, and especially a charger failure, far too often it's a Nuprol.

I made the mistake of buying a Nuprol "smart" charger, a lot of people do. But when you see how much more a half decent charger (even an older B6) will do, it's immediately apparent why the Nuprol's couple of blinkenlights and an operating temperature close to the sun's corona does not make for a reassuring experience.

I'm in the market for a good reliable gun for a little less, and I've landed on Double Eagle as my preferred choice now.  
An M907 with a full metal body and programmable trigger unit, for £170.

I just hope there's still stock when I'm ready to pay for it 😕

You might be able to get a G&G GC16 M4 for about £250. It is the all metal version of the polymer combat machine, and comes in several variants.

It won't have a mosfet for that price, but you don't really want a G&G mosfet.

They are reliable and look nice.

Almost everybody uses lipo batteries these days.

I couldn't be bothered with them and ran a nimh nunchuck in mine. They are much easier to charge and store, and safer for a child to use. I was perfectly happy with the performance. A battery and charger will set you back about £16. All you do is plug it in, and when the charger light changes colour, unplug and play.

Just now, emilianoksa said:

You might be able to get a G&G GC16 M4 for about £250. It is the all metal version of the polymer combat machine, and comes in several variants.

It won't have a mosfet for that price, but you don't really want a G&G mosfet.

They are reliable and look nice. Very nice I would say.

Almost everybody uses lipo batteries these days.

I couldn't be bothered with them and ran a nimh nunchuck in mine. They are much easier to charge and store, and safer for a child to use. I was perfectly happy with the performance. A battery and charger will set you back about £16. All you do is plug it in, and when the charger light changes colour, unplug and play.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.