Disabled and taking part + Moans from the past

Oshb5

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Years ago before Mr Blair came up with the idea of making all of the legitimate rim fire and full bore pistol target shooter pay for the actions of a couple of deranged people who carried out heinous acts Don’t get me wrong I fully understand how it must have felt for those parents friends and family of those that passed away as I have children myself.   But the negativity that started small and ended up in us having to part with our guns at a lot less than they was worth I had 2 Italian FAS guns a .22 and a .32 both dedicated target guns then a new 6” Dan Wesson and finally a older .45 1911 both used for an event called police pistol. And I lost over £520. So not happy was the mood of the day.

Anyway the main reason for this question is that A few years ago I fired a few of my friends airsoft Guns Infact had a good time at his farm. But that was as I say a few years ago. And since then Iv had knee and hip problems plus the pandemic has taken its toll on me getting about much. And I just wanted to know if there is any games that either involve or are on a smaller area for teams of disabled teams?  Or could they be backstop sniper hence not having to walk a great deal.  It was just a thought So Iv asked. 

Thank you all best regards Osh

P.S. Also from what Iv read and all the general back n forth. I just hope you don’t get the soul destroyers getting their noses into the airsoft legislation because I can see the VCRA being the thin end of the wedge SS that’s how they start and all the idiots trying or even circumventing these rules will be spoil it for every one. Because as we all know it starts with them getting in a little bit and just adding and adding more to the hoops you have to jump through.  

don't know of an specific teams but best is to google search your area for sites and you might want to look at CQB sites as they are relatively small with no broken ground and generally indoors. If you want to play an outdoor site support gunner maybe your thing set up and hold a position for the game.

I regularly sniper when outdoors and if anything I find I cover more ground. Often you start off the shoulders of the cautious players but you quickly find yourself flanking and regularly I find myself pistol drawn and first into the buildings or bunkers.

One of the good things about airsoft is that there are so many different ways to play. If you want to charge about like a mad bugger you can, or if you want to take things easy you can. 

I don't know of any specific disabled teams, but I know there's many players with varying degrees of disability so I'm sure you'll fit in at whatever site you play at 

43 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

I regularly sniper when outdoors and if anything I find I cover more ground. Often you start off the shoulders of the cautious players but you quickly find yourself flanking and regularly I find myself pistol drawn and first into the buildings or bunkers.

I do a mix of both when sniping. I am a camping bush wanker though which sounds like a steady number but staying in the same spot / hide for a while takes its toll on my knees and my post op herniated disc. My lower back fatigues really quickly, so peaking corners in CQB environments causes me just as much grief.

Hi @Oshb5

Sorry to hear you're having knee and hip probs but try not to let that hold you back because as @Cannonfoddersays you can play at your own pace and within your capabilities and still get the adrenalin pumpin'. 

For instance,this Sunday just gone,I was sat in the radio shack at greenops defending a flashing light. I sat right in the corner for nearly 45mins listening to bangs and incoming fire, knowing they were coming for me. I was bricking it lol.

I got three before they mk5'd me! But the point is I didn't do any running around but it was great fun.🙂

Whereabouts are you located.

Ucap greenops is only a relatively small site but plenty of scope for different play styles.

Now I  think about it most the players there are disabled  in one way or another. Mentally or financially.I'm both🤪 lol

Regards 

• Supporters

Very much site dependent.  Folk play in wheelchairs and have fun, but that depends on what you expect from the hobby.

Airsoft guns aren't that accurate, and YouTube videos are heavily edited. If you have limited mobility then you'll spend a lot of time either out of range, or getting closed down and hosed.

If you don't enjoy getting shot (and over-shot) with bits of plastic then you're not going to have a great day.

Only one way to find out though.

I don't know where you are Osh but Battlestations in Snetterton would suit you I reckon.  It's a CQB sight that allows snipers.  You can literally command almost the full field from the top of the ship on one field or the gantry in kill city.  

A site regular may know if I have the names of the features wrong, but I have seen limited mobility players snipe there for the reasons you give.   

(The 'idea' for the pistol ban came from the Cullen Report 1996 (Itself a response to the Primrose Petition) and was accepted for a bill under Major, it was enacted by the incoming Blair.   No fan of either but blame where its due.)  

• Supporters

Most of the proper Airsoft sites I’ve ever been too(not a bit of woodland used now and again but an established business type site) are usually pretty good at being mobility restricted accessible , you have to remember these businesses are generally targeting joe public who on the whole aren’t fit by any stretch of the imagination so the sites will probably not be that large a venue plus your dealing with customers who’s idea of ‘challenging terrain’ is a muddy music festival or having to park in an unpaved field ! so again there’s usually no that much difficult terrain you need to traverse .
I have a very good mate who’s chronically ill and has very poor mobility(even uses a stick in game) and he usually plays by moving around the local area of our respawn/start point with a compact gun (ARP9 , AK74su , etc)that’s got a box mag fitted and sort of ‘guarding’ it for the team . Plus if it’s a medic game he’s always a medic which the rest of the team know so when you recover a ‘wounded’ team member if there’s no medics in that area you always know you can take them too him to get ‘Medic’ed’ back in to the game . 
I've asked him in the past if he ever gets board playing this way as he spends a fair bit of time with just one or two other players around the respawn area and he said no because if he’s feeling up to it he just moves forward getting nearer to the action but if not just by the nature of the game you always have players from both teams wandering around the site so he frequently has his own ‘little battle’ raging in ‘the background’ that the rest of the team are totally oblivious to this as where all on the main objective ! 😂

So I’d say physical ability shouldn’t have any real affect on your ability to play the game .👍

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.