Best out of the box AEG Rifle for <£500?

Werdna

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
7 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

If I was spending £500 tomorrow as a newbie, I would get a Cyma M14 and ask a decent tech to fit a simple 'fet, tightbore and Maple Leaf bucking.  IIRC a metal toothed piston is a good idea for one too.   You will have a great shooting rifle for around £230 - £250.   As the man above says, recoil systems etc are a pain in  the nuts.  A simple mosfet to protect the titchy trigger contacts on a CYMA is a good idea though I think.  

The rest I'd spend on decent boots, eyepro and a minimal set of webbing etc.  

The change I'd spend on satisfying post-game burgers, or possibly Curly Wurlys, with a chance of scotch.   

You'd need to add a new spring too though. Every Cyma M14 I've fitted a new barrel to has bumped it up over 350FPS!

Cyma M14s are THE BEST though.

45 minutes ago, Groot said:

That said. There is a little known law that states all M14's MUST look like this one

The M14 on the Big Screen - The Armory Life

Or this:

1933194223_BlackHawkDownM140-30screenshot.thumb.png.f89079ec40cdaa0f74112fdbf72706e1.png

• Supporters

+1 on the cyma m14, my socom rocks even in stock form on .2's, think how awesome it'd be with a tbb & heavier ammo 🤔

Any rif can be upgraded. Had a cyma which could hit a person at 75yards with good success rates. 
but as OP asked, out of the box TM hands down. 

• Supporters
33 minutes ago, Tackle said:

+1 on the cyma m14, my socom rocks even in stock form on .2's, think how awesome it'd be with a tbb & heavier ammo 🤔

My stock Cyma SOCOM is awesome, try running it on 0.28s but keep it stock!

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Ebeneezer Goode said:

My mates CM513 cost 80 quid new and is a great gun. Absolute bargain and plenty cash left over for more fun stuff.

Eh. They're robust, put BBs downrange, and the air seal can actually be got spot on even with the stock components, a bit of stretching and some lube.

But the hop unit, rubber, barrel, and motor are all just about adequate, and can do with being swapped out, and the plastic is very toyish.

I'd say OK, fine even, a decent way to start on a budget, but "great" is a stretch.

• Supporters
52 minutes ago, Ebeneezer Goode said:

All true but for the money it's hard to beat.

That's true, and I agree that they're the cheapest AEGs that are actually competitive in both CQB and woodland, and with a battery and charger included. It's just that for a bit more you're into Lancer Tacticals and Specna Arms Cores, with rotary hops, quick change springs, better wiring, all the good stuff.  Granted, you need to buy batteries and a charger for them, but you'll want to upgrade the CYMA ones anyway.

But no argument, if your budget is under £100, CYMAs will get you out there and playing.

4 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

at the risk of potentially giving out advice....

OP: have you considered what you're wanting to get with this £500? it's usual to have to factor in things like magazines, batteries, chargers etc for a starter purchase.

reason i ask is that spending less on the gun, and more on accessories such as web gear, slings or a nice optic to partner with the gun can be just as valuable as the gun in the first place.

eg a bone stock tm recoil with 1 magazine is gonna be a whole lot less useful than say a cyma platinum with a nice red dot, sling, bunch of mid caps and an odin in terms of overall skirmishability.

i know i made that mistake first time, dropped all my cash on an f2000 and spent its first day out with 1 hicap and no sling, needless to say i couldn't bear to drop my new shiny toy on the ground so by the end of the day my arms were in agony.....

Would agree with this 100%.

The gun is only one small part of your loadout. Think what else you need. Clothing and protection wise mainly. Not just for looks- you want something that's practical, conformable and isn't going to make you drown in sweat. What site will you be playing at, what camo or colour will work well there etc.

Eye pro is your most important thing imo.

• 3 months later...

I just want to send a very delayed thank you to all the posters above and wish I had seen these replies back in October.  Being new to the Platform I could only see the first post when I logged on, but there is some great advice above I wish I had had in hindsight!

Thank you all, much appreciated! 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

What did you end up going for?

By the huge amount of regret in the tone of his post I think he bought an EVO !😭😭😭

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.