Watches

Joe142

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, so I fancy a watch specifically for Airsoft but not sure what, I’ve got various brand watches that I rotate weekly along with my EDC (5.11, g-shocks, etc) but I fancy something I can keep just for Airsoft, any recommendations? 

Kinetic on a paracord strap which I wear for work has become my airsoft watch. Its been great for getting messed up and then cleaned up.

I'm also into my watches and I can't not wear one, even for airsoft, just feels weird  - so I just wear a very old Timex Expedition that I don't mind it getting beaten up further.  I'd like to wear my Victorinox INOX, as that's literally bomb proof and more than fit for purpose, but don't want to fuck that up, weird isn't it haha. 

So maybe another G-Shock, or the good ol' F91W if you're into your digitals.  

Or, a G10 military watch, if you want the military aesthetic with some genuine military background - MWC will do you a solid example for about £70

Oh and stick it on a NATO!

Good call on the Casio. A few years ago, some friends and myself got a couple of them before a milsim. Did the trick nicely.

For a normal weekend would use whichever Seiko is my least favourite at the moment.  Less annoyed if it gets shot out. 

Would also usually wear a strap, the bracelets can be a bit of a BB magnet.  Lately using a Marine Nationale strap. 

Comfortable and would retain a watch if a springbar fails. 

1 hour ago, Hrimfaxi said:

I'm also into my watches and I can't not wear one, even for airsoft, just feels weird  - so I just wear a very old Timex Expedition that I don't mind it getting beaten up further.  I'd like to wear my Victorinox INOX, as that's literally bomb proof and more than fit for purpose, but don't want to fuck that up, weird isn't it haha. 

So maybe another G-Shock, or the good ol' F91W if you're into your digitals.  

Or, a G10 military watch, if you want the military aesthetic with some genuine military background - MWC will do you a solid example for about £70

Oh and stick it on a NATO!

I actually really like the MWC watches and I’ve had one on my list for a while now but never pulled the trigger, might be tempted to grab one 😁

• Supporters

I wear a basic Casio G-shock that cost me 23quid from an outlet shop at my local McArthur Glen , only difference for airsofting to ‘normal’ use is I wear it face in not out to minimize the chances of the lens taking a hit . 

Just any cheap piece of crap. Sods law dictates that wearing an expensive watch to play airsoft will result in the glass being shot out

1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

I wear a basic Casio G-shock that cost me 23quid from an outlet shop at my local McArthur Glen , only difference for airsofting to ‘normal’ use is I wear it face in not out to minimize the chances of the lens taking a hit . 

I actually always wear my watches face in, I find it easier and more comfy 😁 especially on the bigger G-Shocks 😁

17 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Limited edition, mechanics only.

Watch Dora The explorer, Tony Stark (Robert Downey, Jr ...

I take your Dora watch and raise you a teletubbies watch 😉 only for engineers this one 😂A225CB10-0E74-452E-BA75-830DE53D95F4.jpeg.82e5c8b0887b7e31e028cd0c736dcd81.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

Just any cheap piece of crap. Sods law dictates that wearing an expensive watch to play airsoft will result in the glass being shot out

Yeahh I must admit that’s not the first time that’s happened, I wore my Apple Watch to work and the strap ended up splitting in half sending it about 30 feet down a valve pit to never be seen again 😂

From experience - nothing that's expensive to fix.

That said I've a rescue edition G-Shock in the drawer that needs a new battery, maybe that'll be my Airsoft watch 🤔

11 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Just buy a Rolex 🤣🤣

I wish 😂😂 that’s on my EDC grail list 😂

5 minutes ago, Madhouse said:

From experience - nothing that's expensive to fix.

That said I've a rescue edition G-Shock in the drawer that needs a new battery, maybe that'll be my Airsoft watch 🤔

I’ve got a mud master in the drawer that needs a battery but idk if I trust myself to seal it all back up afterwards 😅

55 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Pfft, wristwatches.

Pocketwatch on a double chain or go home peasants

I have my great grandads pocket watch, I love it.

09371D69-72F2-46B3-8C2C-7069DF9D38E6.jpeg

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Joe142 said:

I wish 😂😂 that’s on my EDC grail list 😂

I’ve got a mud master in the drawer that needs a battery but idk if I trust myself to seal it all back up afterwards 😅

I changed the battery on mine , way I look at it if my watch is deep enough underwater that it can get in it then I’m in deep shit and my watch leaking is the least of my worries ? 😳☠️⚰️🪦😉

4 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

I changed the battery on mine , way I look at it if my watch is deep enough underwater that it can get in it then I’m in deep shit and my watch leaking is the least of my worries ? 😳☠️⚰️🪦😉

That is a very good point 😂😂 I might try have a go at it myself then, you may have just persuaded me 😂😂

3 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Real operators wear these bad boys.  I'm told the guy that slotted OBL rocks one of these.

Unimatic-Spongebob-SquarePants-II-U1-SS2-watch-12.jpg

Oh damn, Nahh that’s too hardcore for me, only tier 1 operators can wear those 😂

Waterproof closed face pocket watches start at less than a tenner on EBay.  Won't break, catch, or drown.  

I just wear my fitbit but like has been mentioned before, I wear it face in to help avoid projectile damage.

Can not go wrong with a g-shock. Highly recommend one with solar charging, never worry about the battery. 

And my batman too. But I don't think I'll go airsofting with that 😂 

20211003_161100.jpg

20211003_161019.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.