Potentially lots of Specna Arms RIFs stolen from truck at South mimms services

L3wisD

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

It looks bad, it seems bad, but this is every day stuff in 2021 UK.

Dibble doesn't care about property theft. Nobody got sliced up a treat, and there's no boobs involved in this story, so it's going nowhere.

Some pikeys - yes, hello, Thought Police, pikeys -  ripped off a lorry, as they do multiple times a night, every night, with no consequences.

The RIFs will be pawned off for pennies on the pound, passed on to 13 year old drug couriers, slung under a bed, forgotten about, or just pitched in a ditch.

UK stocks will remain as low as they are for a bit longer, but this too shall pass.

It's not the end of the world, or even the end of airsoft.

If I hadn’t been running about the M25/M11/A1M all night recovering people who had run out of fuel and abandoned their cars I would’ve been there 😂 more surprised the thieves managed to get away considering the queue for the petrol station was blocking traffic getting back to the M25 …

9 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

<snip>

Exactly. 

5 minutes ago, Jacob Wright said:

If I hadn’t been running about the M25/M11/A1M all night recovering people who had run out of fuel and abandoned their cars I would’ve been there 😂 more surprised the thieves managed to get away considering the queue for the petrol station was blocking traffic getting back to the M25 …

There's a couple of notorious caravan sites just to the north so they probably used the back roads

I can't help but feel the fact so many were stolen means the chances of someone getting busted for it rises considerably.  Now if it was a handful or a dozen or two dozen, probably easy to fly under the radar but 2000?  That's 2000 opportunities for someone to fuck up.  The smart play is to get them all out of the country and back into Europe.  I can't see crims wanting to sit on 2000 rifs, nor can I see a good way to offload so many.  Wishful thinking perhaps.

A bit dumb shipping on a trailer with curtains, you'd need to be considering a solid box for security...

Well, someones kids are going to be well happy this christmas given that the media are advertising it as cancelled this year...

I personally struggle to believe that 2000 were taken, that would take ages and you’d need a fair sized vehicle to put them in. Mimms isn’t the darkest quietest truck stop either. But that’s just my opinion 🤷🏼‍♀️

Regardless, it is a shame and I hope there’s no backlash on the community. 

• Supporters

Immaterial wether you think people on here are over reacting to this story or not ANY bad press associated with the sport is bad for all of us no matter how large or small it may be .

2 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Immaterial wether you think people on here are over reacting to this story or not ANY bad press associated with the sport is bad for all of us no matter how large or small it may be .

Above +1

3 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Oh definitely I’m not disagreeing at all. 

In this case no news is most definitely good news. 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Has there been any press about it, good or bad, large or small?

There have been quite a few cases of rifles being nicked from lorries in the last few years.  A load of Webley rifles were nicked in wales a while back to little press notice.  

Whilst Googling for info I did come across this story that tickled my ribs.  

https://www.popularairsoft.com/stolen-paraguay-police-fn-fal-rifles-replaced-airsoft-replicas

• Supporters
12 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Not yet and let’s hope it stays that way ? 😉

12 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

3m .22lr rounds were nicked from a lorry earlier this year and that barely got any traction at all.

Mainly because it was in The Sun, but my spidey senses think it would've been a much bigger story if it was around the same time after that journalist was shot and killed in NI by a .22

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.