Potentially lots of Specna Arms RIFs stolen from truck at South mimms services

L3wisD

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

image.png.168781e8ca40071d059a4aa69cf4939f.png

That's a lot of guns to go walkies, especially here in the UK. I expect the police head-shed will have kittens and I'll be amazed if the press doesn't catch wind of this.

Daily Mail Headline: 'thousands of lethal replicas stolen' etc etc.......

So if you see a bunch of cheap Specnas up for sale on the various forums/groups, you'll know why.

• Supporters

i'm guessing specna don't serialise their stuff? i know most manufacturers don't bother but this would be a perfect time to be able to do the ol' "if you see someone selling guns with 45xxx on the serial let us know"

1 minute ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i'm guessing specna don't serialise their stuff? i know most manufacturers don't bother but this would be a perfect time to be able to do the ol' "if you see someone selling guns with 45xxx on the serial let us know"

I think the question got asked on their FB page, they say they are looking into it.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Tackle said:

yet these twats took the decision to move them in a soft sided vehicle, probably left parked overnight FFS

I'd imagine it was a choice between that, or them not moving at all.

Failbook suggest that there's a notorious "campsite" nearby. Since it happened a couple of days ago and is only being reported now, I fear that means that Dibble didn't get boots in there quickly enough to recover any.  Probably too busy looking for people speculating on what "campsite" really means.

Sadly, this might indeed catch the #ScumMedia's attention.  However, I would note that it's absolutely trivial to get or create a RIF, so this isn't really going to put more into the hands of wrong 'uns.

But my God it's bad news for UK stocks.

1 minute ago, ak2m4 said:

doesn't say all 2000 were stolen, a pallet is roughly 1 cubic metre? can fit around 40 AEG's so 9 of them would be around 360....

Good point. It would be interesting to find out some exact numbers/models from Specna.

3 hours ago, ak2m4 said:

doesn't say all 2000 were stolen, a pallet is roughly 1 cubic metre? can fit around 40 AEG's so 9 of them would be around 360....

Reading it again, it does say "took replicas from 9 pallets" For all we know, they could've taken 10-12 RIFs ...

Edit: It will be more of a ball ache to retailers/customers as they will have to work out out of the 2000 items (of the SA shipment alone) what's missing before they can release the load.

Edited by rj1986

Might be worth changing the thread title, as others have mentioned the post in no way says 2000 were taken… it’s actually alarmingly loose in general in terms of detail on quantity.

No wonder at all that many of our minds jump to ‘I wonder what media will make of this’ if we’re being equally as… ‘lax’ when parsing the information presented.

• L3wisD changed the title to Potentially lot of Specna Arms RIFs stolen from truck at South mimms services
  • L3wisD changed the title to Potentially lots of Specna Arms RIFs stolen from truck at South mimms services
  • Supporters
18 minutes ago, WinterSniper said:

This is bad. But it will be worse if the press hear

Eh.  We're a very soft target, but this will be a very short story, at most.  The thing about RIF crimes is that generally nobody bleeds, so it doesn't lead.

How will we know, if a new sa is offered for sale,whether its hot or not?(no pun intended)

As is often stated in ads 'Brand new,purchased but didn't like it'

Edited by Shamal

23 minutes ago, Shamal said:

How will we know, if a new sa is offered for sale,whether its hot or not?(no pun intended)

As is often stated in ads 'Brand new,purchased but didn't like it'

These will be in car boot sales by Sunday, sold for £50 a pop.

Much rather these than a batch of Glock 19's go missing, which will be much more likely to be used for serious crime rather than flogged to punters.

Everyone will have to be wary of sales from people who don't seem to be airsofters.

Its definitely going to be difficult to pick them out.

Of course many won't care where it comes from as long as they get a bargain.

Edited by EDcase

Red faces all round at specna hq.😳

29 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Seems 2000 guns was accurate

Jesus H Christ.

One has to wonder just how did they shift that many RIF boxes unnoticed? This surely must of been a targeted attack.

I just hope there isn't too much blowback.

Just looked on the Specna FB page. Lots of wannabe Colombo's and people acting like it's going to be the end of airsoft. Thank fuck this place is a bit calmer

2 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Jesus H Christ.

One has to wonder just how did they shift that many RIF boxes unnoticed? This surely must of been a targeted attack.

I just hope there isn't too much blowback.

Tbh it was more likely bad luck. Thieving cunts cut the sides of curtain sided trailers to see if there's anything worth knicking

7 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

people acting like it's going to be the end of airsoft.

I can see why people are worried.

With firearms laws under scrutiny after that c**t with a shotgun last month, this is precisely the publicity UK airsoft doesn't need right now to stay under the radar.

Joe public: Why do they need realistic guns to shoot plastic balls at each other? Guns are bad! etc etc.

1 minute ago, L3wisD said:

They were only AEGs, Specna don't make a GBB

image.png.892cccc58a1e6fc0bfb82d61208d9826.png

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.