Fast helmet with built in fans???

dagga333

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm considering getting myself a fast helmet but after seeing guys complaining that its too hot I was wondering if anyone had fitted a couple of small fans to their lids? I have found fans on ebay for this purpose but I have no Idea where or how to install them to a fast helmet. Thanks

• Supporters
2 hours ago, dagga333 said:

I'm considering getting myself a fast helmet but after seeing guys complaining that its too hot I was wondering if anyone had fitted a couple of small fans to their lids? I have found fans on ebay for this purpose but I have no Idea where or how to install them to a fast helmet. Thanks

Couple of things to consider - 

1. get a better ventilated design of helmet - Team Wendy, Air Frame etc all vent better than a FAST helmet (I have all three styles)
  2. if you're dead set on putting fans in, take a look at what the cosplay guys do (it's pretty common in Stormtrooper helmets) https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/36631-how-to-diy-usb-helmet-fans-no-more-9v-or-aas/
  3. think about things like where your battery will go (I'd suggest using an NVG battery holder on the back)
  4. make sure the helmet ventilates well in the first place - the cheap Emerson helmets come with a solid polystyrene liner, whereas the FMA ones come with individual pads for example

• Supporters
  • Supporters
2 hours ago, AirSniper said:

I agree with Lozart that 25mmx25mmx7mm won't be sufficient for a helmet.  Fine for direct ventilation of eyepro, but the 50mm "turbine" style blowers shift a lot more air.

I have a CP fast helmet. As it is two halves for the helmet my head stays cool, due to the central gap for ventilation.  Alongside I have guarder c9 eye protection, which I have worn for years and had no issues fogging up with this setup. Even without the helmet, I have never had issues with fogging up eye protection.  The selling point of the guarder eye pro is that they had a test video on their website showing a pair being shot with a real shotgun from a meter away (yeah no face, but my eyes would be fine! 😆). The lenses were intact, only had some very fine marks on them.

EFA737E2-59F9-4A8C-A979-E94395C3A97F.jpeg

Edited by Sneaky

On 01/10/2021 at 13:18, Lozart said:

Not as powerful as people think, there was a huge debate and some people pitched that type against the micro PC fans and the Micro PC fans won, which is why I suggested them.

Ok so things have moved on a bit. Item already purchased are as follows 

FMA team Wendy repro lid.

Couple of usb powered 50mm 3d printed fans. 
FMA maritime helmet cover (no idea if it will fit).

And as an early xmas gift from my wife the Xfog system. 
Hopefully this will take care of the over heating and fogging problems. Now I just have to work out how to attach my mesh mask to the lid. Any tips welcome. 

• Supporters
On 03/10/2021 at 12:18, dagga333 said:

FMA maritime helmet cover (no idea if it will fit).

It won't. The TW shell is a very different shape than a Maritime. FMA do a TW cover though, if you can't find one then the OPS FAST helmet cover will fit or an Agilite TW cover (which is way more expensive but rather lovely).

20 hours ago, Lozart said:

It won't. The TW shell is a very different shape than a Maritime. FMA do a TW cover though, if you can't find one then the OPS FAST helmet cover will fit or an Agilite TW cover (which is way more expensive but rather lovely).

Managed cancel the Maritime cover and picked up a helmet bridge which should do the job. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.