leadly's TM Hi Capa 4.3 build

leadly

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I honestly didn't think it'd fit when I tested it last night! I'm sure a dab of oil and some back and forth action will sort it!

1 hour ago, Alimcd said:

Some lubing and some racking later

C0A668B6-7ACE-433C-85A1-5CB1518E42CF.jpeg

074DB49B-DE87-49AC-B8C0-5FD6AED9A013.jpeg

Mate, that's well fucking nice!!

What did you infill with? Steve used nail polish, I was going to use my kids acrylic pens!

Edited by leadly

7 minutes ago, leadly said:

I honestly didn't think it'd fit when I tested it last night! I'm sure a dab of oil and some back and forth action will sort it!

Mate, that's well fucking nice!!

What did you infill with? Steve used nail polish, I was going to use my kids acrylic pens!

This stuff is magic. It was recommended by one of the guys on here, Alex Hill? 

image.jpg

I need to clean off the excess and brighten the slide back up but it’s nearly done 

Edited by Alimcd

Finally got the knack for it after a few messy failed attempts with the acrylic pen!

IMG_20211014_222935__01__02.thumb.jpg.6b09161958c0b64d1fdc73ea69aa1864.jpgIMG_20211014_222922__01.thumb.jpg.40df6a88902de82fbb328f67682d30d8.jpg

Just need to go round the edges with some nail polish remover on a cotton bud to tidy it up a bit!

20 hours ago, Alimcd said:

Some lubing and some racking later

C0A668B6-7ACE-433C-85A1-5CB1518E42CF.jpeg

I see you went for the same option as me on rear site. Annoying little noggin isn't it? Dremel got mine off in 5 mins lol

D7m2PRahSrbALBCj5xuImAI6vGrTRUC7EHeHHJ7gyYhjggjzeRoF9fpGmmkBIKSnxXZCDCWREY1r4xhTXSIiNgi42JkLRZYpOa8CPHzt6dB4B3vNuCVTbAkiEgrmrY3j8vq1xZODCxQUcdvniMsJGl4mw4ajRUDicZ7vOgEY2uu5GVomD3Dez_s1KBQ1yUWs8pBG2Ai4hSGawRzwLtjD73HjkDSOlLCuGnEBQtP3M-e5EU3yqPOLqK1ZAf6iSOIJYJA3-4ZOpNbziFIIUFzZxK6Xg99B9nHIlIS7JIfxfOhcbnB-SiCzgtmXO83Xn1sGIdGGwhVHRLRPk7Uq_Rgmcigl_4bSeM1_pzJOYDP3EddSId0pXG-LXfMsW4C9Q_p8fgyfov9_GaGz3mX2Zf9aZsnCYGRU64ZOQHVozOe3BTvbfWwMQy34PtVWW5TLsLT8QrNzmjQpHdYirS0aWS_eMwPcMi12fEyd6syr22f9DJSuBmF0ZFCsgPYI-IafvNduIj_tRdFlsk-4fCW_lCosvZf1WNPBeX9me0_hs4HxBYydlDs8oHc2yukc4dUjsBUj0I4sSlxHVRrY-70sAXTL-uHHYTHuxaJmqjVzrkfu2eT5gviEYo8lata9GyafaHgrDvn6GNr41YdVzcJ1eKAJ7G8cqSI_HEnpZ_-xsTijCjiVy1AytTsB-H1-ZgIyCQ5bnta7ZnifcLh6-Slvqlr6oHj4tw=w1154-h863-no?authuser=0

Edited by Steveocee

6 hours ago, Steveocee said:

Underside of the AIP rear sight. I've heard there's a video coming out at 7pm tonight that shows you exactly where 😁

Just got back home and now all I can see if the fact my rear sight is squewiff

Bah, I bought ones that were WAY too short. Found a retailer that sells Tritium Vials for fishing, thought gold sights would look pretty cool on the gold capa.

So far, fairly unimpressed, ignoring the length issue the 2mm dia vials are very dark

Summary, the 2mm vials aren’t worth the effort. I’ve got some yellow FO rods on the way to match the slide. 

Glowing sights would have been cool, but it wasn’t to be. Shame as you can get them in Purple, blue, green, red etc to match your slide

7 hours ago, Alimcd said:

Summary, the 2mm vials aren’t worth the effort. I’ve got some yellow FO rods on the way to match the slide. 

Glowing sights would have been cool, but it wasn’t to be. Shame as you can get them in Purple, blue, green, red etc to match your slide

Glow in the dark 3D print filament works for glowing sights but meh.... it's much of a muchness. Takes away from the practicality.

• 1 month later...

IMG_20211102_224546__02__01.thumb.jpg.d3b3029586bd4993b81e3d91c95e5b0b.jpg

I think it's finished!

Top pic was from just before I used it at Halls CQB site. Which is where I played with @Steveocee and the battlecat gang 🤣 (also got my trigger and rear sight from Kyle of Hicapa Hub)

IMG_20211118_221639.thumb.jpg.2293e1e3c5d7d0e8c9ccf0beb7945b63.jpg

Kyle's not long dropped off an Edge Magwell and I didn't hesitate in fitting it!

I'm really pleased with how it looks and even more so oh hell well it performs!

I'll be leaving my MTW at home for my next game at Leicester Gaol and will use my AAP-SMG and my Hi Capa!

• 2 weeks later...

Because I’m “That Guy” and I couldn’t put up with the barrel having .45 markings and the BC4.3 slide having 9mm… Kyle’s sorted me out a BLANK AM barrel.

My extreme Airsoft-ADHD can ctfo for now

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/11/2021 at 11:30, Alimcd said:

Because I’m “That Guy” and I couldn’t put up with the barrel having .45 markings and the BC4.3 slide having 9mm… Kyle’s sorted me out a BLANK AM barrel.

My extreme Airsoft-ADHD can ctfo for now

I purposely don't look as I am exactly the same. If I don't know then I can't obsess.

Another decent session at Hell's last night. My first solo game.

Ran the Hi Capa for all but the last game. I think my bucking is about broken in now. I had to apply full hop at Gaol to make 0.28's go anywhere and 0.25's were just starting to over hop at Hell's.

So next job is to re-fit the I key!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.