leadly's TM Hi Capa 4.3 build

leadly

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello everyone.

I thought I'd chuck together a build thread for my 4.3. Partly in the hope that it'll help someone else but mostly to make @Steveocee's life easier and stop me from pestering him with questions on Instagram! 😂

"It's been fiddled with" would mostly describe the current state of my 4.3.

Absolutely stock from the box it was perfect and lovely! Just look at it!

IMG-20210427-WA0016.thumb.jpg.00f024db6710c2b806192613211f8352.jpg

However, a CQB site, very local to me opened up and the need for a tracer took over.

So to do this I had to get hold of a threaded outer barrel, which offered me the option (I took it) to chuck in a slightly longer 5.1 barrel, new hop rubber, hop wheel, hop arm and I key.

To cut a long story short the loading nozzle snapped after not a very long time stock so an upgraded nozzle was sourced.

Also ended up with a Waldo return spring, short stroke buffers and nozzle spring.

I'll leave it here for now, but it's a start and I've got the tea to cook.

Later I will add what issues I've had, how brilliant it is, oh and how it's a bit broken at the moment 😂

A few bits planned to make it less broke and more bettererer!

Thanks for reading as always!!

IMG_20210625_141739.thumb.jpg.726dce8bfa7bb5ee9857b5602980074b.jpg

So a little run down of whats inside and out:

• Nine ball 6.00 112.5mm / 5" Inner barrel
  • Maple Leaf 50 bucking
  • Standard Tokyo Marui Hop unit
  • Airsoft Masterpiece Hop Wheel
  • Airsoft Masterpiece Hop Arm
  • Maple Leaf I key  Removed due to over hopping 0.25's with no hop applied. Will probably try again now the bucking has worn in.
  • Makeit3D Tornado fixed threaded outer barrel
  • Cow Cow thread adapter / protector

So the above list was purchased with a two things in mind.

Firstly to allow the use of a tracer, hence the threaded outer barrel and secondly to up the FPS slightly.

The reason behind wanting an FPS boost was to lower the required PSI to achieve 300fps with my HPA MP5 mag adapter from Primary Airsoft.

The additional hop parts were purely because they were cheap and I was taking it to bits anyway.

Unfortunately, after some heavy use at Hells CQB site, the stock loading nozzle broke. I think this was partly down to me not making sure i cleared the gun correctly before removing and inserting mags.

So a drive out in my classic mini to see Kyle at Hi Capa Hub, I resisted the urge to steal his lovely sausage dog and came home with a  CL Project Designs reinforced loading nozzle. I assume they're good because @Steveocee was jealous I had one! 

This is where I probably should have stopped, but I didn't.....

I'll leave it here for now as I need to get some pictures for the next twist, or should I say break!  😭

Edited by leadly

So the damage, crudely hidden under some gorilla tape for now. 

IMG_20210928_223722.thumb.jpg.bd4be51752b6856e2902494ef2990110.jpgIMG_20210928_222318.thumb.jpg.736cd2f1720af5737cfaafbbff85b5f2.jpg

I was just chucking a few rounds down the garden when ping, I hear something hit the floor.

Look down to see my front sight on the deck and a chunk of my slide missing.

This probably has something to do with me not know a great deal about hi capa building but and throwing a Waldo recoil spring in. 130% and a plastic slide probably wasn't going to last very long!

I've since taken the Waldo spring out and put the stock TM one back in with a few soft short stroke rubbers.

I've left the waldo nozzle spring in at the moment. This is 150% I believe.

Future plans?

I've been waiting very patiently for the Makeit3D printed slide to come out. I know @Steveocee was fortunate enough to test these out!

So there will be no bring colours. All black, as close to original looking as possible for that sleeper build!

I know the thread protector kind of spoils that a bit but it was a sacrifice I was willing to make for bright shiney green balls!!

Build 1

Makeit3D slide

AIP 120% Recoil Spring

A few waldo short stroke buffers

AIP aluminum recoil spring rod

AIP aluminum spring guide plug

DP or COW COW C01 blowback housing

Waldo loading nozzle (150%)

Build 2

Guarder Aluminum OPS slide (Essentially a metal copy of the original plastic one)

Waldo 130% Recoil Spring

A few waldo short stroke buffers

AIP aluminum recoil spring rod

AIP aluminum spring guide plug

Guarder light weight nozzle housing (Apparently the best fit for the slide)

Waldo loading nozzle (150%)

The above aren't set in stone and any advice is greatly welcomed and appreciated.

The pistol comes out as a secondary to my MTW at places like Anzio and Gaol at the moment, but has and will be used as a HPA powered primary at CQB sites like Hells and probably at Gaol when I next go in December.

When used on HPA I tried to limit the FPS to 300fps on 0.2's.

Also plan to fit my HPA adapter with a Nine ball gas router and was considering a high flow valve as well to help up the FPS but hopefully lower the required PSI........or will I need more PSI to supply the extra air being used?

Hopefully it all makes sense.

Looking to order a few bits from Rainbow8, I've seen a few bits in the UK here and there but not much.

Any thoughts on which build would be better suited to occasional HPA use?

Thank you, good night, much love!

Edited by leadly

34 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

Option 3 - Costa VIP slide. Rainbow have some at the moment, I keep saying I won't mod my skirmish build but it's so difficult lol

That's lovely and really isn't helping matter!!

Do you reckon that printed slide would cope with an occasional HPA battering?

The more I look the more I think a metal.slide might make more sense.

Here's a question.

I know you almost have a Hi Capa for every day of the week @Steveocee, but is it common for people to build up different slides for different use?

LIke a light weight option for skirmishing and a metal slide with all the gubbins for HPA powered CQB?

12 hours ago, Steveocee said:

Option 3 - Costa VIP slide. Rainbow have some at the moment, I keep saying I won't mod my skirmish build but it's so difficult lol

Kyle told me about another pretty sweet 4.3 slide that’s on the way. I’ve got a photo and the knowledge that HCH have ten on the way. It’s STi like the Costa VIP but much prettier imho

Alternatively, HCH’s stock of Battlecat 4.3 are actually in the UK now (As soon as customs clear Kyles parcel)

16 hours ago, leadly said:

Do you reckon that printed slide would cope with an occasional HPA battering?

I know you almost have a Hi Capa for every day of the week @Steveocee, but is it common for people to build up different slides for different use?

Printed will do fine with HPA, I'd argue better than green as the impact would be a lot more constant and the output more consistent. I have been running a Mi3D build virtually exclusively since March and that thing has had well over 10K through it and hasn't missed a beat. I run 80psi though and like you have put a 5.1 length barrel in, I make a very nice 1.01J with a .25 which is fine for indoors.

The idea of having a dedicated slide for for different purposes is very logical but as you've mentioned, I have almost more capa's than days of the week but I find myself gravitating towards 1 more than any of the others. You'd likely find yourself just "not being bothered" swapping about as once you find "the one" you'll stick with it.

4 hours ago, Alimcd said:

Kyle told me about another pretty sweet 4.3 slide that’s on the way. I’ve got a photo and the knowledge that HCH have ten on the way. It’s STi like the Costa VIP but much prettier imho

Alternatively, HCH’s stock of Battlecat 4.3 are actually in the UK now (As soon as customs clear Kyles parcel)

Wow! I've purposefully not been hounding him as I know he's had issues but if they're in the UK that's a huge advantage. I was tempted to stick an order in to Rainbow and see if the VIP arrived before the BC. I may just drop Kyle a message now and see what these other slides are as well..... Cheers for the heads up lol.

***Instantly message Kyle and reserves a slide***

😂😂😂😂

I'll definitely get a 3D printed one as well, because I'll probably get another 4.3!

It's a slippery slope. TBH you're not massively far away from where I was when my train track logic kicked in. I had 2 MK23's, a TM G18C and the Hi Capa when I went HPA adapter on the capa. I then converted the mags to leightweight and the rationale was "well I've got so many pistols, lets standardise the platform" so I sold off all the none capa kit and opted to use a capa in every situation.

Less screwing around with holsters (and adjusting every time you change pistol), 1 set of mags 1 set of internals to learn, easier keeping spares tp hand and then a couple of builds for varying uses.

This is why I'm probably going to sell my AAP that's still in its pistol form. I've got my AAP SMG that I love (although didn't use at Gaol because MTW is king) but the pistol I very rarely use.

It was bought as a sniper "oh shit" gun when I needed a quicker trigger than the MK23 but since the MTW came along it's been surplus to requirements really.

I had a moment exactly like Steve’s.

Was turning up to games with Hi-Capa, Makarov, Sig and P99 mags depending on what holsters were on what rigging. Now it’s down to a nice clean trio of Capas

My 4.3 is currently still running the stock slide but with an AM BBU its lightning fast. When the Battlecat finally arrives, in a funny way it’ll be a downgrade 

I was wrong about the other 4.3 STi slide I’m afraid. I had an image of it pre-anodising and the engraving was much more visible and the rebates less so. Still think it looks sexier in silver tho

1 hour ago, Alimcd said:

@leadly @Steveocee UPS have finally released HCH’s restock. It’s actually happening 

the spendening beginneth

Is it just slides or is it going to be a full re-stock? Might save me having to order from Rainbow8!

4 hours ago, Alimcd said:

@leadly @Steveocee UPS have finally released HCH’s restock. It’s actually happening 

the spendening beginneth

Holy crap balls!

I'm meeting Kyle next weekend as well, I'll actually have the BC 🥰 Can't wait to see yours bud.

3 hours ago, leadly said:

Is it just slides or is it going to be a full re-stock? Might save me having to order from Rainbow8!

There is always something nice rainbow have.

I was party to a convo with Matt earlier (Mi3D) just saying, put a small amount to one side, he's got something awesome coming.

As far as I’m aware, it’s a general restock. The slides are the icing on the cake

@Steveocee Where are you guys playing? There’d better be a video ;)

Edited by Alimcd

15 hours ago, Steveocee said:

Holy crap balls!

I'm meeting Kyle next weekend as well, I'll actually have the BC 🥰 Can't wait to see yours bud.

There is always something nice rainbow have.

I was party to a convo with Matt earlier (Mi3D) just saying, put a small amount to one side, he's got something awesome coming.

I've just seen Matt's Facebook competition! The slides look brilliant! I'm definitely getting one. 

Just sold my AAP Pistol so another 4.3 will be on the cards I think!

4 hours ago, leadly said:

I've just seen Matt's Facebook competition! The slides look brilliant! I'm definitely getting one. 

Just sold my AAP Pistol so another 4.3 will be on the cards I think!

Nice one, the one I have is damn sweet and he's told me the print quality is even better again! Well worth the movement to a single platform IMO.

Am going to be trying my hand indoors with gas mags soon as well rather than HPA, see how that fairs up lol.

On 10/10/2021 at 12:38, Steveocee said:

Nice one, the one I have is damn sweet and he's told me the print quality is even better again! Well worth the movement to a single platform IMO.

Am going to be trying my hand indoors with gas mags soon as well rather than HPA, see how that fairs up lol.

My 4.3 got a bit of an outing on Sunday. Didn't shoot any baddies with it but they had a man set up with an electronic target system there! I did alrite but kept on running out of gas! 🤣

I think I've been spoilt with my MK23 and it's magical ability to fire 5 or 6 mags to a fill!

I can see swapping from a primary adapter and PTS mag to normal mags being a learning curve. Can't beat a tactical reload though!

Well a short detour on the way home from work last night to see Kyle from Hi Capa Hub.

IMG_20211013_220545_711.thumb.jpg.5b4b9410f7a1dc7317af1f406b116228.jpg

AM slide

AM Ali guide rod

AM Ali guide rod plug

AIP 120% Recoil spring

CowCow B01 blowback housing

I've also got some AIP sights and a trigger coming! 

It's all @Steveocee fault!

IMG-20211013-WA0005.thumb.jpeg.89a67ff2c8746d0e6e73ce6c0e53db41.jpeg

Chucking in a red trigger to make it look less like I haven't got my UKARA yet! 😂

Waiting for some.3D printed bits to come in. Hopefully a nice alternate slide for skirmishing and a magwell in black!

Looking good! I’m getting increasingly jealous of you lot… got to work at 8 just in case the postie was early, he was not

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.