Help from the experienced about purchasing a M1A1 THOMSON

Zach

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Please I am very new to airsoft  but I really do have a soft spot for a Thompson M1A1 I hope this is correct  please can you tell which is the best I should get preferably all metal  with wood I ask you all for you help in the hope that you would be kind enough to share your knowledge  that might cause me any pitfalls , or does anyone have what’s recommended as the best for sale  I hope some one or somebody might take time to help I thank you all stephen

Edited by Zach
Mis spelt

Depends how much you can afford.

The most common will be the CYMA CM033 which it quite good for the price.

Note that only the top half is metal even though they may say all metal body.  Still feels good.

You can buy real wood version or get a wood kit to put on.

There is also a TM version which I think also metal upper only but not sure on that one.

Then the most expensive and hard to find are the WE / CYBERGUN GBBR versions.  All metal but fake wood in most.

Search for video reviews

Edited by EDcase

bang for your buck a cyma is a really good bet. Every Thompson is a TM clone other than the WE GBBR. i would warn the ergonomics are awful and the real steel guns were design by a big guy for big guys so you might have issues with stock length.

Got the Cyma thompson and love it. Use it when playing outdoor if the weathers absolutely shit or if the barrel falls off my CM16. Its great for what it is and is even more accurate than both mine and my friends CM16s which was surprising. I was lucky and got it off TG really cheap last year, but well worth the money. Its been battered around, dropped and covered in mud and still works perfectly, although it does have a habit of shooting two or three BBs even when in single shot if it gets a bit too wet.

On 02/10/2021 at 12:44, Zach said:

Would prefer the cybergun version but I am just unable to find one anyone able to help me locate one please?

Cybergun just rebrand stuff if it's the aeg it's probably a kings arms Thompson.

Hi I was in Hong Kong in 2013 when I picked this up. It is the cyma version licensed by cyber gun. I think they promptly relaunched as snow wolf. I kept the press cuttings on smashing the factory up and reviews on the gun. Its a bit of a collectors piece and the paperwork backs that up... hence I only ever test shot it.

I'm not sure on the value. I might look for an appraisal 

20211005_061526.jpg

20211005_061558.jpg

20211005_061603.jpg

20211005_061611.jpg

20211005_061648.jpg

20211005_062935.jpg

20211005_063459.jpg

• 3 months later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.