SLPR regulator removal.

Auf

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but i thought i'd ask before i potentially turn my bottle into a bootleg missile.

Can i remove my SLPR regulator off of the bottle with compressed air still in it? 

Many thanks

20210926_194804.jpg

Yes sir! You can either just unscrew it, but you will get a poof of air released when the reg comes off. Or, you can turn the reg right down, purge it by connecting and disconnecting your line a few times, then just unscrew.

Just be careful that you’re unscrewing the lpr from the bottle reg, and not the bottle reg from the bottle! 

23 hours ago, Jmags said:

Yes sir! You can either just unscrew it, but you will get a poof of air released when the reg comes off. Or, you can turn the reg right down, purge it by connecting and disconnecting your line a few times, then just unscrew.

Just be careful that you’re unscrewing the lpr from the bottle reg, and not the bottle reg from the bottle! 

Awesome, thank you very much! It indeed worked. Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, eddie-biggs said:

So the reg for my line can be removed? With out emptying the tank? Only asking as my top reg has a small leak, I loose about 1000psi in two weeks

Yes

The cylinders own regulator has a valve pin in the top, this gets pressed in to release the air

Once you remove any secondary regulators, remote lines etc the valve pin is released and seals the bottles regulator 

If everything is left assembled then all the valves are open and you rely on every seal along the way

If you have difficulty unscrewing then there is pressure that is resisting, you can use brute force but it is much better to purge what you can along the way

If things really don’t want to move then begin to worry about whether you are doing something wrong - and in the worst case something is so tight that you begin to unscrew the main regular from the bottle (don’t worry as it won’t fly away - the threads are tapered to allow release before getting it so far off that it becomes a rocket

B17BC5D1-F4A9-454E-9960-58E0DAC884A1.png.a729906ca70166e5df2139905fd89f5f.png

8B71D5D2-DC87-4A31-BD73-E435C98C7571.png.572114acf0bdfd98e611798324d35a42.png 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.