Where to buy from as a newbie?

Brendan93

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Good afternoon all,

I'm venturing into Airsoft having played twice at a CQB site and was wondering if people had any recommendations on where to buy gear? I know there's countless suppliers out there but would be good to get peoples opinions on some, especially having read people having issues with deliveries post-Brexit from EU suppliers. 

I'm just looking for the essentials first - eye protection, mask, vest etc. as I'll be renting guns until i get my licence 

Thanks in advance

Hello and welcome

This has been asked many times and ther are numerous threads about vendors in the forums

https://airsoft-forums.uk/forum/10-places-to-buy/

Personally I use patrolbase, fire support and a few others as between them they generally will have everything you need but be wary as it can get expensive reaally quickly

also shop around as prices can vary wildly between vendors

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Brendan93 said:

licence 

And that's your three strikes.

Bit of a trigger-issue, but we don't have licences, just a way of showing site membership, whether by UKARA, one of the equivalent schemes or... just site membership.  The significant difference is that a licence alters what you can do.  But it's not and never has been an offence to buy, attempt to buy, or own a RIF.  The offence is being committed by the seller, and you're providing them with a defence.

</soapbox>

Could argue that its a licence to kill 😉

Bendan, No particular place has everything.  Patrolbase and FireSupport are good but google what you want and when you find it see if there's a review of the shop in the forum.

Edited by EDcase

• Supporters
14 hours ago, Leonine said:

Fatbobs is good *coughs* 😂😂

Plus, they unliterally added that VCRA 2006 S37 (2) (g) defence of "Cuz they want it an they saved thier pennies mister". ;) 

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with the others, firesupport, patrolbase. Another place which is excellent and where i and my son have brought our first guns from and all subsequent guns is Defcon.

They give you good advice if new to airsoft, will not try and sell you something you do not need therefore will not rip you off and try to get you to spend more money then you need as a newbie.

I started with Justbbguns, and all of their products seem solid enough. Heck, I still have a few of their guns lying around in the attic that were pretty cheap to buy and have stayed together for quite a few years

Edited by WinterSniper

• Supporters
56 minutes ago, WinterSniper said:

I started with Justbbguns

The known-brand stuff they sell will be no worse than the same items sold anywhere else, but the problem is that they also sell some plastic gearboxed plinker trash that will be lucky to survive the shipping process, or wacky brands that even if they work out of the box are likely to take proprietary parts.

I've bought from BBguns4less before, but when I knew exactly what I wanted, and why, and had checked that I was making a small saving.  But for someone who doesn't know where to buy or why, the answer isn't likely to be found on sites that flog a lot of "Professional Grade Airsoft Gun in ORANGE!"

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.