MP5 or MP7 for backup and CQB

Crispy Duck
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm looking to buy myself a secondary weapon that will be good for CQB and maybe also to use as backup when in the field.

I often take the role of medic and everyone that have tried that know that a small weapon is gold when u down on all four trying to bring people back at the frontline while the bb's flying around over your head so i have looked around and my eyes have fallen upon these two guns a MP7 and a MP5....

The MP7 is a Tokyo Marui AEG and not an AGG

http://specialairsoftsupplies.co.uk/index....;product_id=108

The MP5 i am looking at is a AEG G&G MP5 A4 *blowback* but would change it to have a taticlal front and a adjustable stock

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/acatalog..._Platforms.html

I like the mp7 because it’s small and still seem to have the same barrel length as and mp5, also i can use it as a sidearm instead of a pistol. It has highcap mags so no problem using it as main weapon for CQB. Only downside i can see is that it use a small battery and wondering how long they will last if used as main weapon, no fun if i need to change battery after every 5mags fired...

the MP5 was the weapon i was going to buy before i saw the MP7. taken it uses a normal "small" battery that my Aug A2 also use its practical for me for CQB and regarding upgrades of the different kinds i know that there is plenty of stuff to choose from. it can though not take the job of my sidearm and therefor i will still need to buy myself a new pistol at some point (my old one has seen better days)

so my question is this: is there anyone that have experience with the Tokyo Maru MP7 that will be able to tell me if it’s worth buying, does it function to a point that it can be used as a main weapon in CQB and can you get upgrade/spare parts for it?

What would you buy it was you that needed a good "small" weapon for CQB, playing medic and maybe sidearm...?

• Supporters

firstly dont buy from special airsoft supplies, the owner is a well known scammer in the world of airsoft, i'm pretty sure his name is mark wooly

In airsoft barrel length makes near enough no difference, sarni307 has one so pm him for more info, but apparantly it wouldn't work too well as a main weapon but does make a good backup.

mp5s are small enough for a secondary but can be used as a main gun too, if it's too big for you look at the mp5k

firstly dont buy from special airsoft supplies, the owner is a well known scammer in the world of airsoft, i'm pretty sure his name is mark wooly

In airsoft barrel length makes near enough no difference, sarni307 has one so pm him for more info, but apparantly it wouldn't work too well as a main weapon but does make a good backup.

mp5s are small enough for a secondary but can be used as a main gun too, if it's too big for you look at the mp5k

Thanks for the heads up about special airsoft supplies.... :o

will pm sarni307 to hear what he has to say about the mp7

thanks for the help :lol:

• 1 month later...

I'd say that an MP9 or MP7 would be a lot better than an MP5.

Although its still quite compact, i would take a pistol or a MP9 over an MP5 any day for CQB. I suppose it's because i have a large silencer on the end of my MP5, but it seems a little too long and heavy to be used for a secondary.

Archived