Rules of Airsoft patches?

Jaybee_airsoft

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I don't have a problem with patches in airsoft. As others have said, we're all playing dress up at the end of the day. Airsofters wearing impression kit are not the same as the wankers that buy berets and medals off eBay and pass themselves off as veterans at November ceremonies.

Me and my mates all wore our issued MTP when we first started a couple of years ago because why pay for extra kit when we had free stuff? No rank slides though! 

• Supporters

Ill wear country and service patches at most. Never rank or insignia you havent earned. But TBH, its airsoft. Everyone knows its just fancy dress up in the end. Dont go all Stolen Valor and youll be fine

• Supporters

And another thing, if you do turn up with your Captain Sergeant-Admiral stripes on, don't expect anyone to even know what you're pretending to be, let alone care.  The only rank insignia I can recognise are from Star Trek, and nothing beyond Voyager.

II don't think I've ever seen anyone on site throw a tantrum over a patch another player is wearing, rather it just seams to be an online/American thing. 

Personally the only patch or unit ID I definitely wouldn't wear is the red beret of the Russian Alpha group as they have specifically asked airsofters not to 

12 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

Personally the only patch or unit ID I definitely wouldn't wear is the red beret of the Russian Alpha group as they have specifically asked airsofters not to 

I’m more likely to be in jeans & t shirt, but when it comes to dressing up I have preferred to be with the underdog or bad guys.  Couple this with my fondness for wood I have a few AK47s and historically would have been for Russia

Being in Salisbury and being friends of a particular local family I’m not going to be representing anything Russian 

However if wearing something might upset a branch of Russian SF then I may be inclined to do so

• Supporters
9 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

The only rank insignia I can recognise are from Star Trek, and nothing beyond Voyager.

If the cosplay crowd are anything to go by, every fucker in Starfleet is an Admiral!

I dont wear any patches as they tend to give snipers something to aim at (same reason I stopped wearing a helmet). My all-OD setup seems to be working well at my local evergreen woodland site, to the extent I've also repainted my guns OD.

If I'm honest I'm liking the anonymous look. Fits in with my sci-fi loadout.

Just now, Lozart said:

If the cosplay crowd are anything to go by, every fucker in Starfleet is an Admiral!

Nah, much more fun being the phaser-fodder rear-echelon Ensign that always gets sneakily picked off by the aliens at the start of the episode...

...or maybe I'm confusing that with my airsoft personality.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.