Hard to do anything on this site as a newbie

Nubby

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Hi, what are you trying to do?

Post limits were put in place to try and combat spammers and scammers so they're there for everyone's benefit.

25 minutes ago, Nubby said:

Why is it so hard to do anything as a newbie, it's so frustrating? Please help me

The only one I know of is the post limits to stop spamming and to prevent people just posting nonsense to get contact access to the classifieds. You can do anything else otherwise. We want to build a community first. 

I am a relative newbie and not experienced any issues, the site is a nice site to navigate, takes a bit of thinking to get in to your head the way the site is structured and is laid out in a very clean and logical manner. Of the sites I have visited and been members of, its a very easy forum to get around.

Only thing I'd like to see is an option for a "Dark Theme" is in the users settings and not hidden at the foot of the page, something to pass on to the developers as an option to add in as that is the most logical place and where it resided in 1,000's of forums for the last 30 years so why did they change it? You don't fix what aint broke...

I suggest you lurk for a bit until you are familiar with the forum layout, thats what I did.

2 hours ago, Lozart said:

Hi, what are you trying to do?

Post limits were put in place to try and combat spammers and scammers so they're there for everyone's benefit.

The answer is probably in their one other post that they are unable to message a seller.

@Nubby

Forums are intended to be areas for discussion with like minded individuals.

Classifieds are an additional feature for the members of a forum.  I don’t know what the underlying system rules are but would recommend using the forum, put up some posts.

But if you’re just interested in shopping then the flippant answer is that you can go to retailers websites and shop there.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Nubby said:

Why is it so hard to do anything as a newbie, it's so frustrating? Please help me

Exactly what a spambot would say!

Just make a few more posts and you'll pass the meat-filter.

4 hours ago, Nubby said:

image.png.3088fda3230b94a64d0d5b5001d84946.png

18 hours ago, Tommikka said:

But if you’re just interested in shopping then the flippant answer is that you can go to retailers websites and shop there.

Having seen the message in classifieds I’ll take “doesn’t have a defense” and “under eighteen” for ten 😀

• Supporters
2 hours ago, SSPKali said:

Having seen the message in classifieds I’ll take “doesn’t have a defense” and “under eighteen” for ten 😀

Like as not.  Also, I think that pistol already sold, unless @Andy M has stacks of them for sale.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.