Yes, you guessed it.. new guy! Derbyshire..

SafferGuy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

8 minutes ago, SafferGuy said:

Yup... Trust me.. I should stop... but so much toys.. 

Will it ever end.... 

Oohhhh more shiny stuff.... Now where di I put my wallet? 🤔

Ah, its too late for you then.

No, it will never end and then you'll start tinkering with the internals to 'improve' them 😏

I take it since you didn't know what to expect, you didn't look up any videos of airsoft?

Would be worth reading lots on the forum to catch up on things 👍

Edited by EDcase

Hi @SafferGuy 👋

Welcome to the forum, full of advice and like minded players! 🔫🤪👍

Glad you enjoyed your first time and got the gear, ready to go again! 👍

Have fun and who knows might meet other people on here? 🤪

💷GAMBLE💷

• Supporters
1 hour ago, SafferGuy said:

(Im ex mil) but never took the leap of faith.. In my head... (I'm 43) I was convinced I would turn up and be the only "old guy"..  Honestly had no idea what to expect.. 

Greetings there’s a few of us geriatric old squaddies on here (I’m ex-scab lifter) you’ll soon spot the rest , they’ll be the REALLY grumpy feckers ! 
Like Tackle for starters ! 😇

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

Greetings there’s a few of us geriatric old squaddies on here (I’m ex-scab lifter) you’ll soon spot the rest , they’ll be the REALLY grumpy feckers ! 

😜

IMG_0082.JPG

• Supporters

Welcome to the forum and the sport!

I'm in Derby, plenty of sites 40 ish minutes away.

Anzio like you've found

Matlock Combat Games

Wolfgang

Division 22

Skirmish Notts and Leicester

Phoenix

Hell's (CQB)

Leicester Gaol

Probably a few I've missed!

I'm assuming you've booked your second game at Anzio?

21 hours ago, EDcase said:

Ah, its too late for you then.

No, it will never end and then you'll start tinkering with the internals to 'improve' them 😏

I take it since you didn't know what to expect, you didn't look up any videos of airsoft?

Would be worth reading lots on the forum to catch up on things 👍

Yhea.. might have bought some more stuff today... Honestly now Im done ;)

Cheers dude.. Yes reading everything I can.. Luckily my group is very experienced so as long as I am hiding in their shadow Ill be ok... Currently I am bullet magnet so they can win 😆

21 hours ago, GAMBLE said:

Hi @SafferGuy 👋

Welcome to the forum, full of advice and like minded players! 🔫🤪👍

Glad you enjoyed your first time and got the gear, ready to go again! 👍

Have fun and who knows might meet other people on here? 🤪

💷GAMBLE💷

Thanks Gamble.. 

Hopefully I will get to know a couple of you guys along the way... cant attend all games solo locally in Derbyshire :) 

2 hours ago, Brophy said:

How was Anzio? We are looking to visit there in the near future.

Me and my mate attended one of Saturday open days at Anzio last week (18/09), and it was a glorious day for airsoft weather-wise.

Good opportunity for sneaky approaches and satisfying tactics. One dude pissed a lot of people off by being a power player, but aside from that and three pillocks with hot guns everything was smooth sailing.

Surprisingly, FAO tries to to make games interesting by putting players out of their comfort zones and despite still being a typical skirmish day, it was good. Good flow, good timing, and decent player base. Nothing to complain, maybe aside from the day being too short. I’m starved for more, but can’t play until November 😏

20 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Cheers Druid... Thought I might discover some more rebates like me... Ex Recci Mech and Spanner Wa~@*r :) Also did my time in the good `ol RAF... 

And yes.. Grumpy and proud! 

16 hours ago, leadly said:

Welcome to the forum and the sport!

I'm in Derby, plenty of sites 40 ish minutes away.

Anzio like you've found

Matlock Combat Games

Wolfgang

Division 22

Skirmish Notts and Leicester

Phoenix

Hell's (CQB)

Leicester Gaol

Probably a few I've missed!

I'm assuming you've booked your second game at Anzio?

Hey thanks for the list.. Some I have found but most not... Very helpful :)  Yes, booked for the 2nd. Group of us are heading South.. 

Im going solo next Weekend.. Need to get my UKARA so, Azio it will be again :)  Will go though the list and see what will be my next adventure!

I'm in Crich BTW :) 

2 hours ago, Brophy said:

Welcome to the forum dude.

How was Anzio? We are looking to visit there in the near future.

Well... seeing it was my first session... really good. Mixture of open and CQB..  Took a round in the face from some good sniper.. Drew blood.... Then it all went south from there 😈 revenge was sought and dished out!

Honestly really big site lots of buildings to clear.. Loved it... was absolutely knackered at the end of the day... :) 

7 minutes ago, shadowfacex said:

Me and my mate attended one of Saturday open days at Anzio last week (18/09), and it was a glorious day for airsoft weather-wise.

Good opportunity for sneaky approaches and satisfying tactics. One dude pissed a lot of people off by being a power player, but aside from that and three pillocks with hot guns everything was smooth sailing.

Surprisingly, FAO tries to to make games interesting by putting players out of their comfort zones and despite still being a typical skirmish day, it was good. Good flow, good timing, and decent player base. Nothing to complain, maybe aside from the day being too short. I’m starved for more, but can’t play until November 😏

There you go.. much better review :) 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, SafferGuy said:Also did my time in the good `ol RAF... 

Also did my time in the good `ol RAF... 

Oh FFS ! not another one from crab airways ! 🤦‍♂️ It’s bad enough my Airsoft opo is a rock ape !

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.