New player Bristol

Brendan93

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello,

I've been to the Bristol Airsoft city centre site two times now and am interested in playing regularly, but none of my friends are as keen as I am. Was wondering if anyone would be keen to take me under their wing and show me the ropes 😅 would be good to find a group of people to play with on a regular basis.

Thanks in advance.

Brendan

Edited by Brendan93
grammar

Hi Mate,

Welcome to the forum and the hobby! Your bank account will now obviously hate you.

Seeing as you've gone twice, I'm sure you are already picking it up ;)  But if you do wanna do anymore research, just check the pinned topics in this forum category, create a topic and ask your question (that's what we are here for!) or if you fancy watching some videos aimed towards to new players, give @GAMBLE's channel a checkout: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL-V_yVApaCpm096XBAQE1A/videos

I'm sure there will be guys to take you under their wing, but if you are playing regularly at a certain site, just try and have a talk with the regulars, im sure they dont bite (unless you ask them too 😳)

Hi @Brendan93 👋

Welcome to the forum, full of advice and like minded players! 🔫🤪👍

I started of the same, band to be people on here that go to your site and before you know it will fit in and have some new friend! 🤞👍

Just remember to play by the rules and have fun! 🤪

Thanks @Brophy for the mention! 🔫😎👍

💷GAMBLE💷

Welcome Brendan,

Don't worry, most of us started on our own. 

Even if no one from the forum is around just get chatting to people there and ask any questions.  Most will be happy to help you out.

You'll soon have a group of regulars to chat with.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Brendan93 said:

licence!

<eye-twitch.gif>

1 hour ago, Brendan93 said:

I was thinking I could just buy some of the staples now - eye protection, mask etc and stick with the rentals on site. Thoughts?

Smart move.  Bear in mind that your rental package is buying you BBs as well, so it's not all flushed money.  Those 8 weeks can feel like an eternity, but it'll save you messing around with a two-tone.

That said, other options are available.  I bought a two tone, but I never played with a two-tone.  Your defence for turning an IF into a RIF is the same as your reasonable excuse for having an IF or a RIF in public - that you're playing airsoft with it, or on your way to or from a site.

And UKARA (or equivalent schemes) are the most well defined way for a seller to adduce a defence, but you may find that some sellers, commercial and especially private, aren't that fussed, or just want to see some evidence that you've played and intend to play again. It's entirely up to the seller: there's no offence of purchasing, or attempting to purchase a RIF, and in practice, it's what you do with it that matters.

There's no right or wrong answer, and you can punt on most guns, although two-tones can be harder to shift.

31 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

eye twitch gifs | WiffleGif

Wtf....🤔

Lol

I've led a sheltered life. Please explain lol

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.