Create new Airsoft field

Blondaiis

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello!
I am from Latvia and I am in the process of creating an airsoft area.
Below I have completed an unfinished airsoft area (in the process), I wanted to ask you, maybe you can give your comments about this area, what would be your suggestions on what to improve, what to remove?

The area of the square is marked with a green line

I have marked the obstacles from the tires with a red circle (the shape of their arrangement will be slightly different from what they will look like in life), I have marked a hay roll with a blue circle.

The customer spawn is marked with a black circle.

There are still three apple trees in the field, which are not yet shown in these pictures. 

The pond and the bushes growing around it can be seen in the field, but most of the field is an ordinary field on which I am thinking of making houses from wood, bricks, etc. 

I have planned to supplement these pictures with various obstacles.

I apologize if the area is difficult to understand

Thanks in advance.

AIROSFT_FIELD.PNG

AIROSFT_FIELD1.PNG

AIROSFT_FIELD2.PNG

AIROSFT_FIELD3.PNG

AIROSFT_FIELD4.PNG

Edited by Blondaiis

I would say that looks good but you could fit twice as much cover / barricades / buildings in that space!

If you imagine it like a village with 2 meter wide “side streets” and maybe one 4-5m wide “main road” (with maybe a road block / check point on to break it up)

When you are laying it out make sure there are some interesting angles on the roads / alley ways to keep people on their toes!

Keep us informed as you build this site, looks like it could be a great semi-urban field 😀

• Supporters

Yup agree with the above comment , to me this layout looks like your everyday run of the mill American airsoft field that you see on YouTube all the time .

By the look of it to me you’ve tried to lay the obstacles out as randomly as possible ?

id recommend going for a more formal ‘city block’ layout my self , a centre ‘main road’ (with an open area in the centre that has a large bunker or something in the middle of it) and the other obstacles zigzagged up the sides of this centre ‘road’ .

id also build two extra ‘base’ areas one in the large open area to the right of the field and the 2nd in the small corner angle to the left of the field .

But that’s just my take on it , keep at it and keep spreading the game ! 

Looks like a speed ball field. Yawn

Entirely not my style, but as said above. It needs a lot more cover. 

I would look at digging in some trench systems as well, to give it some variety. 

Personally, I would want to see a more built up mini village, than two houses and some barriers in the middle. 

That's going to get really boring, really quick with just a line moving back and forward.

Sneaky flanking routes are non existent and locking down areas of that map will be super simple with a half confident team. Meaning everyone is soon going to get all pissy that hey cannot move forwards and then all the shit starts. 

Edited by Groot

• Supporters

Had a quick play about with your layout from my perspective of what I’d like , gray is all open space no obstacles on it .

E7D4EC18-2305-457D-AA6B-9B935D768002.jpeg

51 minutes ago, Groot said:

Build this

Virtual Afghanistan Village | MetaVR

If I want to build something like this, it needs a big budget, as well as a lot of construction documentation. I want to make the folder as interesting as possible, but with the documentation as easy as possible. It should house up to 60m2

But such a city would be impressive.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Groot said:

Build this

“And they will come” ? 😉

4 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

“And they will come” ? 😉

Oh yes!

Did anyone else catch Dan mention, “one thousand brown m&m's”, Del Preston  in Wayne's World 2? Love that scene!: TheBonfire

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.