New player west midlands

Mikeh596

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all,

So I'm looking to get into Airsoft (I'm 25 is that too old??) I'm new to the west midlands so was looking for a place around here, any friendly faces about who can introduce me to the world of Airsoft? Not to go too deep into my background but I have proficiency in handling and firing weapons and tactical movements.

Hi mate, welcome to the forum.

25 is still classed as "young" in this hobby, so you'll be fine (I started when I was 33).

Where in the Midlands are you based?

I would have a read in this forum category, taking note of the pinned topics that will help you get a feel of what to expect from the community and the hobby in general.

General concensus is to go Rental first and see if the hobby is for your liking before spending money on kit.

Take a look at @GAMBLE's channel, tailored more for the beginners if you perfer watching videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL-V_yVApaCpm096XBAQE1A/videos

Hi mate, 

A few playing sites include: West Midlands Airsoft and Stormforce depending on your location. Also Frontier Airsoft and Anzio. 

As @Brophy said check out the forum pages for info and ask any question you want. :) 

Edited by Leonine

2 minutes ago, Brophy said:

Hi mate, welcome to the forum.

25 is still classed as "young" in this hobby, so you'll be fine (I started when I was 33).

Where in the Midlands are you based?

I would have a read in this forum category, taking note of the pinned topics that will help you get a feel of what to expect from the community and the hobby in general.

General concensus is to go Rental first and see if the hobby is for your liking before spending money on kit.

Take a look at @GAMBLE's channel, tailored more for the beginners if you perfer watching videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL-V_yVApaCpm096XBAQE1A/videos

Thanks, I will check out that channel.

Good to be classed as young. Im based out of Tamworth

3 minutes ago, Mikeh596 said:

Thanks, I will check out that channel.

Good to be classed as young. Im based out of Tamworth

You've got Bassett's Pole right on your door.

https://playairsoft.uk/sites/west-midlands/fireball-squadron/

https://www.npfbassettspole.com/airsoft/airsoft-skirmish

I would recommend going rental and having an AEG first time round.

Sniping is an aquired taste when it comes to using it at an airsoft field combined with the minimum engagement rules, you might not get the full feel of airsoft by going sniper first time round and could find it "boring" or too slow.

If you like the look of it from youtube/fb videos, just remember it takes those guys a whole day / weekend to get enough "hit" footage to fit a video a few mins long.

Edited by Brophy

Hi Mike

1 hour ago, Mikeh596 said:

...(I'm 25 is that too old??)...

Yeah 25 is kinda old for this game.  We're all 16 - 20

Don't worry, we'll just call you the 'old man' 😏

Hi @Mikeh596 👋

Welcome to the forum, full of advice and like minded players! 🔫🤪👍

Good luck getting started and sorting out your Loadout, rent first and then let the spending and fun happen! 🤞😂👍

Thanks @Brophy for the mention! 🔫😎👍

💷GAMBLE💷

Hi @mikeh596.

Come on in and rest awhile.

Sorry I wasn't here to greet you earlier but some of us work and can't sit around all day on the forum!

But anywho enjoy and have fun 😀

Regards 

14 hours ago, Shamal said:

Sorry I wasn't here to greet you earlier but some of us work and can't sit around all day on the forum!

I got 1 eye for work 1 eye for the forums 😝😂

4 hours ago, Leonine said:

I got 1 eye for work 1 eye for the forums 😝😂

And one eye for aiming lol

😀

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.