Inconsistent hop

Pewpewpetie

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

1 minute ago, Lozart said:

That'll be your problem then.

What would you reccomend

2 minutes ago, Lozart said:

That'll be your problem then.

I have another m4 with same build and have no issues

Should I put a standard gear set in

IMG_20210927_102715.jpg

Well the energy output suggests it's a hop up issue. As you guessed, it's most likely the hop arm being wobbly/loose, or it could be the tensioner being way too soft.

The harder the tensioner (and stiffer the arm), the more repeatable the backspin.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Pewpewpetie said:

What would you reccomend

I have another m4 with same build and have no issues

Should I put a standard gear set in

IMG_20210927_102715.jpg

Personally, I'd fit a Gate Titan or Aster but Perun V2 Hybrid would also work. Basically anything that senses the gear rotation to be able to stop it in the same place each time. That being said, it doesn't actually matter all that much unless you're getting feeding issues or you're trying to get accurate pre-cocking. Inconsistent hop is unlikely to be adversely affected by the piston not stopping in the same place.

I'd also get rid of all that bloody PTFE tape. There doesn't look to be much in the way of lubrication either (although that may just be the picture).

27 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Personally, I'd fit a Gate Titan or Aster but Perun V2 Hybrid would also work. Basically anything that senses the gear rotation to be able to stop it in the same place each time. That being said, it doesn't actually matter all that much unless you're getting feeding issues or you're trying to get accurate pre-cocking. Inconsistent hop is unlikely to be adversely affected by the piston not stopping in the same place.

I'd also get rid of all that bloody PTFE tape. There doesn't look to be much in the way of lubrication either (although that may just be the picture).

Had to use the ptfe tape for now as don't have any other o rings. Gona have to set it aside for a  Few days then try again. Stressful is an understatement

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, Pewpewpetie said:

Had to use the ptfe tape for now as don't have any other o rings. Gona have to set it aside for a  Few days then try again. Stressful is an understatement

Don't over think it.

Finally I admit defeat, I've tried everything, 4 different rubbers, 3 different hops, 4 different nubs,3 different barrels and 3 different Air nozzles. Gun is very consistent now +-2fps but vertical hop is still all over the place. 2 out of 5 bbs hop too high , 2 will fly perfectly and then 1 will have not as much hop

• Supporters
22 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Classifieds -> never keen skirmished -> shoots like a laser.

"easy fix but i havent got the time"

the only possible explanation, and it might sound a bit stupid, but how are you going about setting the hop?

i've seen hops have dual "sweet spots" where if you start adjusting from off you get to the first spot with good hop, but if you keep adjusting eventually the combination of overspin/energy loss ends up at another point with what looks like about the right amount of spin but ends up with really crap consistency.

possible if you're starting off with big adjustments maybe you're missing the first spot and hitting the second?

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

"easy fix but i havent got the time"

the only possible explanation, and it might sound a bit stupid, but how are you going about setting the hop?

i've seen hops have dual "sweet spots" where if you start adjusting from off you get to the first spot with good hop, but if you keep adjusting eventually the combination of overspin/energy loss ends up at another point with what looks like about the right amount of spin but ends up with really crap consistency.

possible if you're starting off with big adjustments maybe you're missing the first spot and hitting the second?

I wish it was that simple hahaha. Tried various hops, adjusting one click at a time and firing 5 rounds per click, costing a fortune in ammo now aswellmThe only thing i can think is that nozzle isnt seating bbs correctly, maybe some falling inside the lips? I really dont know anymore. The stress levels this gun has caused is unreal hahhaha. Really dont want to sell it as i love the unique look it has

IMG_20210918_153838.thumb.jpg.811a3c928fa14b1db9eb885019130b59.jpg

Also wondering if it xould be a tappet plate problem maybe angling the nozzle very slightly causing it to not enter the hop completely straight. Ill check when i next open it as i saw an article on it whilst searching every single page on Google hahahha

Screenshot_20210928_172047_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Supporters

the problem with that sort of thing is the consistency you're getting.

if the same rounds that are going through the chrono are also going all over the place (ie no changes to the setup between chrono/range shot) then it really shouldn't be an airseal issue.

you can get it with mags, if your testing on a half empty midcap or a hicap then go to test shoot on a stuffed midcap, the friction on the nozzle from the bb stack holds the nozzle back and gives temporary airseal issues.

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

the problem with that sort of thing is the consistency you're getting.

if the same rounds that are going through the chrono are also going all over the place (ie no changes to the setup between chrono/range shot) then it really shouldn't be an airseal issue.

you can get it with mags, if your testing on a half empty midcap or a hicap then go to test shoot on a stuffed midcap, the friction on the nozzle from the bb stack holds the nozzle back and gives temporary airseal issues.

Been using hi caps wound fully. I think the only thing left is how tge bb is sitting before it hits the hop mound

• Supporters

Here's an off the wall idea - is the end of the barrel clear of any obstructions? Does it behave the same way if you take the flash hider off for instance?

• Supporters
13 hours ago, Pewpewpetie said:

Been using hi caps wound fully. I think the only thing left is how tge bb is sitting before it hits the hop mound

does it do it if you let the hicap unwind a significant amount?

ordinarily hicaps tend not to put that much pressure on, but it's not impossible.

23 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

does it do it if you let the hicap unwind a significant amount?

ordinarily hicaps tend not to put that much pressure on, but it's not impossible.

Could it be to do with fps, alough generally consistant i occasionly get a reading slightly higher. Ive done every air seal checj and mod yet still get occasional bump in fps, these chrono readings are on guarder 0.3g bb

IMG_20210930_091229.jpg

• Supporters
35 minutes ago, Pewpewpetie said:

Could it be to do with fps, alough generally consistant i occasionly get a reading slightly higher. Ive done every air seal checj and mod yet still get occasional bump in fps, these chrono readings are on guarder 0.3g bb

IMG_20210930_091229.jpg

My FPS varies by more than that and I don't get flyers like you seem to!

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Pewpewpetie said:

No, i use ag devil 0. 3g or guarder 0.3g

But did you wash your balls?  Nobrich says that it's very important to wash your balls before smacking them into someone else's face.

On 30/09/2021 at 18:52, Rogerborg said:

But did you wash your balls?  Nobrich says that it's very important to wash your balls before smacking them into someone else's face.

Hahhahah no i will try, kind of given up now, just kind of accepted it as ut is now

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.