Bedfordshire New Guy

Buck3131

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all. 

I'm looking to go to my first ever Airsoft event as a rental new guy. 

I figured after reading a fair bit online, that this is the best way to get started for a few months before committing if I get the Airsoft bug. 

Ideally it would be cool to meet some people here and join with them rather than turning up alone and knowing no one. 

I'm in Bedfordshire, but happy to travel within reason to a decent friendly site. 

Would be great to hear from you and see what we can arrange. 

Cheers  

Buck

Hey Buck, welcome! I think you’re making the right choice by sticking to rentals for your first few events. 👍

If you’re looking to see what’s close to you or overall around the UK, give PlayAirsoft → a go and see if you can find a suitable site to play on, in addition to all the recommendations that you will likely find from people here.

I’m from North West, so can’t help you with your location specifically, but hopefully more local souls with chime in below. Good luck and enjoy your first time! 🙌

You’ve got a few sites around you afaik, Finmere the West of MK, AWA in Sawbridgeworth, Apocalypse in Royston, and there are probably others 😂

Go along as a rental and see if it’s your thing, and then take it from there!

Welcome to the forum @Buck3131

Looks like you doing it the right way, rental first instead of "all the gear and no idea" ;) I wouldnt worry about meeting up with anyone from here, I've found most people at games are approchable and some even let you have a feel and take a few plinks with their guns. (insert fast show "ooooohhhhhhh, suit you sir" here)

While you are waiting for your first game, give @GAMBLE's channel a view, specially aimed towards to new players: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL-V_yVApaCpm096XBAQE1A/videos

28 minutes ago, Jacob Wright said:

You’ve got a few sites around you afaik, Finmere the West of MK, AWA in Sawbridgeworth, Apocalypse in Royston, and there are probably others 😂

Go along as a rental and see if it’s your thing, and then take it from there!

That's the plan, cheers

5 minutes ago, Brophy said:

Welcome to the forum @Buck3131

Looks like you doing it the right way, rental first instead of "all the gear and no idea" ;) I wouldnt worry about meeting up with anyone from here, I've found most people at games are approchable and some even let you have a feel and take a few plinks with their guns. (insert fast show "ooooohhhhhhh, suit you sir" here)

While you are waiting for your first game, give @GAMBLE's channel a view, specially aimed towards to new players: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL-V_yVApaCpm096XBAQE1A/videos

I'll have a look, Cheers

Hi @Buck3131 👋

Welcome to the forum, full of advice and like minded players! 🔫🤪👍 

Good luck getting started and hopefully have a fun 1st time, let us know on here? 🤞👍

Thanks @Brophy for the mention! 🔫😎👍

💷GAMBLE💷

👍

Weather dependant.

T-shirt or long sleeve, obviously less bright colours.

Baggy helps reduce impacts.

Cargo pants or something with lots of (closeable) pockets.

Again, baggy for movement.

Take a bottle of water and some snack bars for energy.

20 hours ago, Mikeh596 said:

Looking to go in October? I might join for my first game, only an hour away

I'm an hour away myself,. I'm booked in for the 3rd so if you are going let me know. 

16 hours ago, Buck3131 said:

All booked in for the 3rd!  

Already have some decent boots. 

Any recommendations on what to wear on the first time?

I'm a semi-regular at RIFT so you'll be in for a treat at their sites.

You've already got the main thing which is a decent set of boots with ankle support. Apart from that, maybe some gloves, plenty of liquid and a good sense of humour and willingness.

25 minutes ago, rj1986 said:

You've already got the main thing which is a decent set of boots with ankle support. Apart from that, maybe some gloves, plenty of liquid and a good sense of humour and willingness.

Thanks. That's good to hear, I've ordered myself some gloves and Kneepads after thinking about it. I've got some black camo combat trousers, t-shirts and a jacket, so I should be all set. 

Yep

5 hours ago, rj1986 said:

Can't stress this enough, your ankles will thank you later after you put your ankle down a ditch 😂

Boooooo, apparently though, there are "early signs that the crisis at pumps is ending" and hopefully all the idiots have gone by the weekend, so keep your ear to the ground!

If you don't mind me asking what part of Bedfordshire you in as I'm just across the border in Hertfordshire

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Buck, a short trip to Special Ops near Olney, not far from j14 on the M1, sounds like it could work for you...?

https://www.specialopshq.co.uk/

They have games every other weekend, just book on the Seniors page.  Price including gun hire (some sort of m4), a decent size bag of bio BBs, face protection, a hot lunch and and freely available bottled water will set you back £50 for the day. (Once you've got your own gun the price drops to £25, £20 for members)

I'm there on Sundays, and would be happy to help you get settled in.  My name is Ross, just shout out for me, or go talk to Carlos who runs the site - he's very friendly.

Typically people turn up at 8:30 to get their kit sorted, play starts at 10ish and runs through to 4:30

It's a woodland site so wear green if you've got it ;)

Edit:. Best let you now I'm unlikely to be playing next weekend, I've absolutely buggered my foot/ankle playing football this week, I can barely walk let alone run around the woods at the moment.  Not happy.  So if you do come along say hello to Carlos

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.