Tokyo Marui Uzi nozzle

IGetPwnedOften

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Afternoon all.

I imagine this may have been have been asked before - I did search but couldn't find anything. I recently bought a second hand Tokyo Marui Uzi for my son, only to discover it doesn't actually shoot. The seller had dry fired it to check it worked and assumed that because it made "pew pew" noises it was OK.

Anyway, I did some investigation and the hook for the return spring on the nozzle has broken off, so I need a new one. I've got the chap who runs the site my son goes to looking for one, I've tried various resellers and suppliers to see if they have one hidden away somewhere, and various other places but with no luck. Theoretically I could get a machine shop to make me a new one from aluminium or even brass, but that will be *very* expensive so I'd rather not go that route if I can help it.

Does anyone know where I could get a nozzle, or even a cheap gun I could break down for spares?

It's kind of annoying, because it was a good deal (gun, a dozen hi-cap mags and a bunch of other bits and pieces), and my son would really like to be able to use it. I can fix it easily, but only if I have the part.

For reference, this is what I'm after.

Thanks for any help.

MARUI Original Parts|-KIC Airsoft Shop@Taiwan-Products

• Supporters
2 hours ago, IGetPwnedOften said:

Afternoon all.

I imagine this may have been have been asked before - I did search but couldn't find anything. I recently bought a second hand Tokyo Marui Uzi for my son, only to discover it doesn't actually shoot. The seller had dry fired it to check it worked and assumed that because it made "pew pew" noises it was OK.

Anyway, I did some investigation and the hook for the return spring on the nozzle has broken off, so I need a new one. I've got the chap who runs the site my son goes to looking for one, I've tried various resellers and suppliers to see if they have one hidden away somewhere, and various other places but with no luck. Theoretically I could get a machine shop to make me a new one from aluminium or even brass, but that will be *very* expensive so I'd rather not go that route if I can help it.

Does anyone know where I could get a nozzle, or even a cheap gun I could break down for spares?

It's kind of annoying, because it was a good deal (gun, a dozen hi-cap mags and a bunch of other bits and pieces), and my son would really like to be able to use it. I can fix it easily, but only if I have the part.

For reference, this is what I'm after.

Thanks for any help.

MARUI Original Parts|-KIC Airsoft Shop@Taiwan-Products

The same store you pulled that picture from sells an aluminium replacement. http://shop.kic.tw/portal_c1_cnt_page.php?owner_num=c1_33589&button_num=c1&folder_id=9228&cnt_id=213897

If it's the gun I think it is, it's WAY our of production now and parts are going to be hard to come by. You could also try dropping Luke at Negative Airsoft (https://negativeairsoft.com/) a message and see if he has one or knows where you could get one.

• Supporters

Damn, that's a shame, and it would be great if you could get it back into action.

It looks like maybe 2 / 2.5mm thick?  Have you still got the plastic piece, or has it vanished into hyperspace?

If you have the part, I'd consider drilling through with a pin vice and 1.2mm-ish bit, and glue a pin or screw through to try and salvage it.

Or if you don't have the part, or it's too small to salvage, replace it with as big a screw as will fit, and then build it up with epoxy or JB weld as much as possible.  Although if it's under significant tension (as implied by it snapping off) that might be a temporary bodge at best.

Good luck, I hope you find an affordable solution. 

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco

E: Nvm, I misread! Thought you meant the nozzle spring broke.

I second the idea of drilling it (carefully) and glueing a pin in there.

Edited by DrAlexanderTobacco

Thanks for the suggestions, it's given me something to go on.

I've actually already repaired it using a 2mm sprung steel roll pin that I crimped to fit the slot, so the gun is back in action, but I'd still like to get a replacement as I've no idea how long this will last.

Anyway, thanks again. Hopefully I'll be able to find one 😁

20210922_121318.jpg

Edited by IGetPwnedOften
Wrong image added

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.