Seeking opinions on the various "spitfire" tracer units available

Rogerborg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

"5KU": https://airsoftdirect.uk.com/uncategorised/5ku-spitfire-tracer-unit-11mm-cw-14mm-ccw-adapter/

"Ghost": https://www.dkarmaments.co.uk/product/ghost-spitfire-pro-tracer-unit-14mm-ccw/

"Made In China II" "TREYTECH": https://www.amazon.co.uk/TREYTECH-Simulated-Spitfire-Tactical-Automatic/dp/B09DXPCSL8

Any views on whether these are equivalent / clones, or whether there's a brand to go for or avoid, or anything better available (that's actually available)?

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

"5KU": https://airsoftdirect.uk.com/uncategorised/5ku-spitfire-tracer-unit-11mm-cw-14mm-ccw-adapter/

"Ghost": https://www.dkarmaments.co.uk/product/ghost-spitfire-pro-tracer-unit-14mm-ccw/

"Made In China II" "TREYTECH": https://www.amazon.co.uk/TREYTECH-Simulated-Spitfire-Tactical-Automatic/dp/B09DXPCSL8

Any views on whether these are equivalent / clones, or whether there's a brand to go for or avoid, or anything better available (that's actually available)?

Same shit, different box.

• Supporters
52 minutes ago, Lozart said:

That's my assumption, but someone may wish to rave or rant about one or the other.

I guess: "Which one will be easiest to get replaced when it breaks" is also a valid question.

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

That's my assumption, but someone may wish to rave or rant about one or the other.

I guess: "Which one will be easiest to get replaced when it breaks" is also a valid question.

I'd say that's more down to the retailer than the "manufacturer".

I've had no real experience with the 'spit' style, however, I did use a friends on Saturday night and it was very cool (was attached to a Gas M4) looked good and worked well for the 10mins I was using it. No idea which is the 'best'. His was the 5KU version. 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, SgtTalbert said:

His was the 5KU version

A data point!  Thanks, that's handy.  The only reason I haven't already crushed the buy button is that it's natively 11mm CW with a 14mm CCW adaptor, but is going on an R17 with a weird 12mm CW thread that I've already had to convert to 14mm CCW.

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco

They work incredibly well, even outside in bright sunlight - enough to give you a genuine sense that someone's shooting at you, you'll see some realistic muzzle flash etc even if you don't get a huge fireball like you might if you fired one inside.

Yes great bit of kit.

I used mine for the night game at nae.

Jeez! With the tracers,muzzle flash and 23rps from the badger,  I lit up three baddies and they screamed like all the demons from hell were upon them. Great fun 👍

Unfortunately found out they were friendlies.Doh!!!

Regards 

• Supporters
4 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

I used this one

Just a second, the box art shows the "ghost" version, but the unit is the "TREYTECH". Gadzooks, are they in fact the same unit!  How can this be! (and so on, and so forth).

Well, if they all work about as well, I reckon I'll bag one of those two then, as the native 14mm CCW end cap will keep the profile down.

Cheers, chaps.

I have the version that Amazon is showing (bought it from eBay)

I also think these are the very same item , just packaged differently

the only thing I don’t like is the inability to have just the muzzle flash on its own. I run mine on my gbbr and like the flames from the muzzle effect, though you cannot switch off the tracer function. 

Reasonably well made piece of kit, which I anticipate it getting rattled to death and failing using it on my Ghk.

Would like a better style to it, making it look more like a muzzle break than a small suppressor 

my mate shooting my ghk for the first time, and sweary 😂

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
2 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

the only thing I don’t like is the inability to have just the muzzle flash on its own. I run mine on my gbbr and like the flames from the muzzle effect, though you cannot switch off the tracer function. 

A little confused here - Just don't use tracers?

16 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

A little confused here - Just don't use tracers?

You still get the purple flash out of the inner barrel area

some of them do have the option to turn that off and run either one or the other or both 👍

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
28 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

You still get the purple flash out of the inner barrel area

some of them do have the option to turn that off and run either one or the other or both 👍

Ah fair play, mine doesn't have that!

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

It's fuckin' what?  Awesome?  Awful?  Degenerate? :D 

Y U NO EYEPRO?

I can see the 14mm CCW units on eBay for under £50, but anything that's claiming 8 days for delivery from "London, UK" really means "Whang Dong, Glorious People's Republic of China".  At that point you just to to AliExpress and pay less for more honesty.  Hmm, under £40 delivered...

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001500366671.html

• Supporters
On 20/09/2021 at 10:07, Lozart said:

23 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Just a second, the box art shows the "ghost" version, but the unit is the "TREYTECH". Gadzooks, are they in fact the same unit!  How can this be! (and so on, and so forth).

*ahem*

14 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

I have the version that Amazon is showing (bought it from eBay)

I also think these are the very same item , just packaged differently

Reasonably well made piece of kit, which I anticipate it getting rattled to death and failing using it on my Ghk.

Would like a better style to it, making it look more like a muzzle break than a small suppressor 

I see a few vids where the gun obviously fires but no flash, is that just the frame rate of the camera missing the flash every now and then?

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Spacemonkey said:

I see a few vids where the gun obviously fires but no flash, is that just the frame rate of the camera missing the flash every now and then?

From the lack of eyepro I'd hope there's no actual BBs in there and it's dry firing and triggering (or not) off of the gas.  Might be wrong.

49 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

From the lack of eyepro I'd hope there's no actual BBs in there and it's dry firing and triggering (or not) off of the gas.  Might be wrong.

You are right, you are also not wrong 😂

A couple of old fudds who should quite clearly know better and be showing a better example. Neither of whom are wearing eye pro 🤦🏻‍♂️
I did notice that in the video it seemed to miss “flashing” a couple of shots. 
Not really sure what is happening there,  it does indeed seem to be perfect to the (protected) naked eye 😉

10 hours ago, Spacemonkey said:

Yes, that's the most likely reason.

• 7 months later...
  • Supporters

I bought two!  One is still working!  It's a miracle!  The other works when it feels like it, much like a civil servant.

They're OK.  You don't really get much of a gas cloud with a GBB pistol, but the LEDs are pretty bright, both for lighting the BBs, and for the "flash" effect.  I've spent more on worse.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

This is the truth of our pastime 😂

"I got a real bargain on that RIF, it was too good to pass up."

[Goes into the back of a cupboard, never gets used]

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.