G&G arp 556 handrails/railsystem

Turtles

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Looking for advice, I'm looking to change the 5" railsystem on it, I know I have to change inner/outer barrel for a loner railsystem, just wondering if there is a specific ones to look at to fit the gun.

If anybody has/had the gun and changed it what did you end up going for?

Many thanks

You might not have to chanege the barrels, you should be able to change the rail system leaving them in place.

Look for a rail system that includes the barrel nut and you you should be able to fit it and decide if you want a longer barrel, suppressor system extention or leave it as it is.

There probably aren't many rail systems which are compatible with the stock barrel nut, but you should be able to find a rail with its own barrel nut. I would just be case of emiving you stock rail and barrel nut then fitting the new nut and rail.

I'd start with ak2m4.co.uk as they are good for parts, but I think the biggest issue right now is finding so.eqherw with the style you want in stock.

• Supporters
On 20/09/2021 at 17:12, Turtles said:

I've changed the inner barrel already for a longer one, cause the stock inner is like 2 inches. I just want to change to a 7inch rail system, tho I've been reading around that, there is barely any systems that would be compatible with it.

The ARP series uses a very specific nut and mounting bracket design, however the receiver itself appears to have a standard threaded end on it so it should be able to take any aftermarket rail as long as it comes with its own nut. That assumes of course that the receiver is a standard M4 profile and that the rail height above bore isn't wildly off-spec.

Yeah, remove the G&G barrel nut as has been said and you can fit most aeg handguards. 

Here is mine with a Nuprol Bocca Rail

PSX_20210905_162102.thumb.jpg.558a9fc4750a401d1aeb5e4ca99d177b.jpg

6 hours ago, MagpieTactical said:

Yeah, remove the G&G barrel nut as has been said and you can fit most aeg handguards. 

Here is mine with a Nuprol Bocca Rail

PSX_20210905_162102.thumb.jpg.558a9fc4750a401d1aeb5e4ca99d177b.jpg

looking good, did yours come with its own barrel nut to replace the stock one?. I tried to get a Nuprol 1 fitted and the guy said you would need to do a few mods to get it to work. I guess he never removed the orginal nut on it.

Some barrel nuts have imperial and some have metric threads. You occasionally read of people having to rethread the receiver to fit an incompatible nut. Hopefully with a search you can find out what you have, and hopefully whoever is selling what you want provides the correct information. There's a lot of hopefully's with fitting parts in airsoft.

Edit to add I'm assuming it's airsoft M4 spec. 

https://miairsoft.proboards.com/thread/23328/m4-barrel-nut-specs

Edited by Spacemonkey
Add more information

7 hours ago, Turtles said:

looking good, did yours come with its own barrel nut to replace the stock one?. I tried to get a Nuprol 1 fitted and the guy said you would need to do a few mods to get it to work. I guess he never removed the orginal nut on it.

Yeah it came with two barrel nuts (one for aeg one for gbbr) a few shims and all of the bolts needed etc. 

Once the G&G parts were off, it fitted no problem

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.