Asg Bren,full auto missfeeding

Johnboy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everybody 😊

I've bought a used Asg Bren from a friend that's been having issues feeding on full auto (it works fine single shot) I was told it was the nozzle not going back far enough but wouldnt that be the same on semi?.....doing a bit of research I read that some AEG's that use a spring for tension to push the hopup up against the gearbox have this issue but didn't find a solution.

Does anyone have experience fixing this problem with the Bren? Or even just fixing the issue with similar hop setups would help.

Thank you.

The hop unit for a Bren is a bit of a pain as it's proprietary, I've not had that problem personally but I do have a spring in mine to push it back. might be worth checking the unit is complete as there's an extra piece of plastic attached to the front to keep it centred and upright as I've forgotten to put it back on myself before

I had the problem of double feeding in mine so I gutted it and fitted a titan

The bren has the longest nozzle in any gun I've worked on (34.1mm)

what battery are you using? could be that it's going too fast and the mags can't keep up

Edited by strykerles

16 minutes ago, strykerles said:

The hop unit for a Bren is a bit of a pain as it's proprietary, I've not had that problem personally but I do have a spring in mine to push it back. might be worth checking the unit is complete as there's an extra piece of plastic attached to the front to keep it centred and upright as I've forgotten to put it back on myself before

I had the problem of double feeding in mine so I gutted it and fitted a titan

The bren has the longest nozzle in any gun I've worked on (34.1mm)

what battery are you using? could be that it's going too fast and the mags can't keep up

It's all complete so no missing parts, I was thinking the standard MOSFET might be garbage or I might try shimming the hop unit slightly forward

Ok, so I've opened the gearbox just to see if it's standard....it's not, it's got aftermarket gears 16:1 and a after market plunger....but it still has the standard tappet plate.

Looking at pictures of the standard gearbox I think the tappet timing is wrong....how the Frick do I fix this?

IMG_20210919_142729.jpg

that looks just the same as when i opened mine up except for the frayed wiring

they are made by king arms and all that looks just like mine was except the cylinder head was black in mine i think and it had a delay chip on the sector gear

• 2 months later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.