AEG firing on full auto when selector set to semi..

Les

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

New issue with my AEG, it's a specna M4, with standard V2 gearbox.

When the selector/safety is set to semi auto / single shot, gently pulling the trigger results in full auto firing. If you pull the trigger quickly back all the way, then you get a single shot. All a bit strange, but really annoying! Being smooth results in a burst of fire!!

Any help appreciated!

• Supporters

Hmm, theres a few things it could be but it kinda sounds like the alignment between the cutoff lever and the trigger isn't quite right.

Its one of those problems you can run into if your scratch building a box from random bits but not normally for a stock build.

How old is the gun?

Thanks guys, 

It's about a year old, not too much use.

Ok so, I guess a course if action might be to open up the gearbox, check and rebuild it.   Then for the contacts, are we talking about the trigger contact points? 

I could try and 'adjust' them fractionally further apart?

• 2 weeks later...

What battery are you using, a 11v by any chance ?? Had a similar thing with my ICS Sig used an 11v in semi would fire semi, then burst/full auto, changed battery to a 7v no problems, try that if your using higher Volt battery 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.