General aeg range

Pewpewpetie

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, I'm sure this topics been discussed previously somewhere but what range should you expect from your aegs at 330-350fps on 0.2g... I ask because I read somewhere that someone's aeg at 340fps was hitting targets reliably at 200ft( can't remember where). My classic army scarab, which has a very consistent 330/331fps , prommy barrel , retro arms hop, maple leaf 60° and omega nub, will only hit 160/180ft reliably(Google maps) if I aim higher then said target. Is there anything that can really be done to up the range( considering I've done pretty much everything). I have no issues with hop(everything flies perfectly straight) also I use 0.28g when playing

Out of the box I would aim for 40m, anything else is a bonus, anything less I wouldnt bother.  Thats why when I watch reviews I am always interested in how far stock guns shoot.  Strangely, a lot of reviews dont show this basic function

11 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

How long is a piece of string?

Honestly, way too many variables.

With work, torso grouping at 65m should be achievable

Gun has had plenty of work. I.e barrel, hop, very consistent air seal( internally and nozzle to hop) 1 fps fluctuation every five or so shots. 65m is around 212ft, I'm falling 40ft short of that

Accurate to 200ft isn't outlandish for an AEG if you spend time, money and effort tuning them. I typically aim for around that for all of my 1J builds and I can proudly say I've achieved it on all of my 1J guns so far, including pistols. And when I say accurate to 200ft, I mean hitting a torso sized target 9/10 times.

Apart from my two stock Cyma guns, the mp5k and the spring shotty which are accurate to about 45m.

Edited by Impulse

2 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Out of the box I would aim for 40m, anything else is a bonus, anything less I wouldnt bother.  Thats why when I watch reviews I am always interested in how far stock guns shoot.  Strangely, a lot of reviews dont show this basic function

The gun I'm using though has been fully upgraded with no bad upgraded parts,i.e prommy barrel, maple rubber etc, also have etu/mosfet, with this set up. it makes no sense as previously mentioned it's very consistent fps, accuracy, has a decent barrel hop and bucking. Don't understand what more could really be done. Also I use the asg 0.28g devil bb

5 minutes ago, Impulse said:

200ft isn't outlandish for an AEG if you spend time, money and effort tuning them. I typically aim for around that for all of my 1J builds and I can proudly say I've achieved it on all of my 1J guns so far, including pistols.

I believe I'm coming in around 0.95j.

With all the maple leaf stuff and a nice barrel, and at around 1-1.1 joules with 0.25s or higher, 60m should be easy. It's what I regularly try to get with all the aegs I have had. Anything less is not enough for me unless the power output is not quite there. People forget that 50m really isn't that far.

For guns around 1J, I've found .32s to be the ideal weight. Maple leaf rubbers will hop them and they seem to work well with the power.

• Supporters

Mans is getting deja vu:

The spreadsheet thread linked in there does some (admittedly basic) math behind bb lobbing, but as @rocketdogbert points out there are a lot of variables.

Getting a hit after expending half a mag fired 45 degrees in the air isnt the same range as that where you can aim, fire and (wind/target movement aside) hit a man sized target reliably.

I've always taken claims of people claiming to be able to shoot x/y/z meters with a massive pile of salt, and i've never measured it myself because all that matters to me is having that little extra distance compared to the other guy.

• Supporters
5 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Out of the box I would aim for 40m, anything else is a bonus

/thread

You can get hits at longer range, on targets who helpfully stand still while you figure out where your BBs are hooking, slicing, lobbing or dropping at this exact point in time.

Anyone who tells you that their gnu shoots like a laser out to 70m is delusional, or trying to sell it to you.

5 hours ago, Pewpewpetie said:

The gun I'm using though has been fully upgraded with no bad upgraded parts,i.e prommy barrel, maple rubber etc, also have etu/mosfet, with this set up. it makes no sense as previously mentioned it's very consistent fps, accuracy, has a decent barrel hop and bucking. Don't understand what more could really be done. Also I use the asg 0.28g devil bb

I believe I'm coming in around 0.95j.

You asked what range you should expect from an average AEG not from an upgraded one, phrase your question better.

• Supporters
23 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

targets who helpfully stand still while you figure out where your BBs are hooking, slicing, lobbing or dropping at this exact point in time.

speaking as the perspective of someone who's entire style of play revolves around maximizing range you'd be surprised how often people actually do stand around and let you shoot them.

most often it's people simply not expecting you to be able to hit them, until you do.....

even funnier is how often you'll see people just coming back to the same spot or taking the same route that you literally tagged them in all of 5 minutes prior.....

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.