Another RIF incident in the news... Its only a matter of time now

Oneshotscott

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

The most recent incident that springs to mind was that incel mong going postal with a shotgun, I infer a 3-shot pump or semi-auto on a shotgun cert.

It's surprising that shotgun certificates are still "shall issue", and not much harder to get than a RIF, er, "licence".  Application, monies, secure storage, "not a mong" declaration (even if you are a mong), and you can collect as many as you like.

Id actually forgotten about that nutcase, definitely more questions than answers there ☹️

8 hours ago, colinjallen said:

What Shamal said was "I don't know of any gun club guns that have been used in school shootings."

Hamilton carried out a school shooting with the pistols that he used at his gun club.

If Shamal wants to argue around that, he can try.

I've got a.feeling you don't like me.🤔

• Supporters
7 hours ago, Tackle said:

Id actually forgotten about that nutcase, definitely more questions than answers there ☹️

It seems bleedin' obvious with hindsight that said incel-mong shouldn't have had his cert back.  Although taking a cert away doesn't take collectively licensed shotguns away, it just makes them illegally held.  Whether it was obvious with foresight is another question, but you can't fix mong with some farcical psychobabble about hugging your inner unicorn.

Fortunately, the response seems to have been fairly measured: tell Farces to apply the current system better, rather than imposing more prohibitions that will only really punish the non-mongs.  Surprising, but welcome.

1 hour ago, Shamal said:

It is not about liking or disliking you; I don't know you anywhere near well enough to know whether I like or dislike you.

However, your posts give an impression of you that forms my view of you as a person.

2 hours ago, Shamal said:

You made a statement that turned out to be wrong

On further research though, 50% of UK shootings were by a gun club member with legally owned pistols

The other 50% were also with a legally owned pistol but took place (probably) before gun clubs existed and about 50 years before the push to encourage organised shooting ranges for the general public to improve capability ready for whenever the Army needs more people for warfare 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:School_shootings_in_the_United_Kingdom

5 hours ago, colinjallen said:

It is not about liking or disliking you; I don't know you anywhere near well enough to know whether I like or dislike you.

However, your posts give an impression of you that forms my view of you as a person.

Then don't read my posts. 🙂

9 hours ago, Tommikka said:

You made a statement that turned out to be wrong

On further research though, 50% of UK shootings were by a gun club member with legally owned pistols

The other 50% were also with a legally owned pistol but took place (probably) before gun clubs existed and about 50 years before the push to encourage organised shooting ranges for the general public to improve capability ready for whenever the Army needs more people for warfare 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:School_shootings_in_the_United_Kingdom

OK I made a mistake. I'll hold my hands up to that. I'm man enough to admit it. But does making a mistake make me a cunt?

It's a shame we can't all be perfect! lol

Edited by Shamal
Spelin

6 hours ago, Shamal said:

Then don't read my posts. 🙂

I live in hope that you might change; I am an eternal optimist.

17 minutes ago, colinjallen said:

I live in hope that you might change; I am an eternal optimist.

Haha. Not a chance. I am what I am and it's served me well all these years. 🙂

Regards 

2 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Haha. Not a chance. I am what I am and it's served me well all these years. 🙂

Regards 

Yes, I am sure it has served you very well ;)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.