Advice on viable all alloy M4/At platform as parts donor

Orange peel neil

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I run a small mech eng company, and have been approached by a customer whom has design he wishes to have made. He wants as many actual genuine M4/Ar components where possible, most of which he has already provided. Tbh I have no insider information on which currently produced Airsoft rifles would prove viable upper and lower donors, and I was hoping someone could hopefully give a few ideas. The design provided fits inside the dimensions of the origin rifles ok, with the receivers basically being only cosmetic, not load bearing. Hence I originally  downloaded the dimensions of the firearms upper and lower receivers, and was going to fabricate items , but if existing models could yield receivers , it'd certainly be worth investigating, given they're only going to be cosmetic covers.

Thanks N .Blackman .

• Supporters

Sadly, the issue is stock levels, which remain very low everywhere in the UK, whether for receivers or whole items.

@ak2m4 is a stand-up guy though, and will give you an honest answer on availability and lead times.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters
On 18/09/2021 at 02:45, Orange peel neil said:

I run a small mech eng company, and have been approached by a customer whom has design he wishes to have made. He wants as many actual genuine M4/Ar components where possible, most of which he has already provided. Tbh I have no insider information on which currently produced Airsoft rifles would prove viable upper and lower donors, and I was hoping someone could hopefully give a few ideas. The design provided fits inside the dimensions of the origin rifles ok, with the receivers basically being only cosmetic, not load bearing. Hence I originally  downloaded the dimensions of the firearms upper and lower receivers, and was going to fabricate items , but if existing models could yield receivers , it'd certainly be worth investigating, given they're only going to be cosmetic covers.

Thanks N .Blackman .

Which parts has he provided? You may need to look at specific airsoft receivers to fit with the milspec parts!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.