Airsoft black hole

Shamal

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

OK anyone want to fess up about throwing @MiK @GenuineGerman @Skarainto the airsoft black hole?

And on a side note...What kit would you throw in to one??

I'll kick it of with P90>>

Regards 

I’d throw in MK1 DBOYS SCAR-L with its shitty locking hinge plate that broke often, and they replaced it right after shipping a few hundred units.  

You could never find a fitting buttstock to fit the gun. Was easier to replace the gun than the stock.

Annoyed the shit out of me.

@Shamal Sadly or fortunately I’m not in a black hole (yet) I’m just the other side of the moon (darkside).

I am still pissed that I can’t really get out and play - fucking shoulder is still u/s, so I’ve kinda given up on 2021 and pew-pew’ing in the same sentence.

As I said before I contemplated selling up but I’m holding off on that ‘final solution’, that also means I’ve kinda given up on my projects (monkey skull mask, a better bando, ghillie hood and rifle camo) as my motivation is completely in the shitter.

I’ll be back as soon as my shoulder is better, but until that happens I’m going cold turkey on Airsoft as seeing all the pew-pews kinda rubs it in :(

11 minutes ago, MiK said:

@Shamal Sadly or fortunately I’m not in a black hole (yet) I’m just the other side of the moon (darkside).

I am still pissed that I can’t really get out and play - fucking shoulder is still u/s, so I’ve kinda given up on 2021 and pew-pew’ing in the same sentence.

As I said before I contemplated selling up but I’m holding off on that ‘final solution’, that also means I’ve kinda given up on my projects (monkey skull mask, a better bando, ghillie hood and rifle camo) as my motivation is completely in the shitter.

I’ll be back as soon as my shoulder is better, but until that happens I’m going cold turkey on Airsoft as seeing all the pew-pews kinda rubs it in :(

Understood. 

It will get better soon I'm sure.hang in there you will heal and be back in the saddle.

It's strange but when a name stops appearing for a while it becomes conspicuous by its absence lol.

I know @GenuineGermanhad a new baby so maybe fatherhood has stolen his time for the time being.

Best wishes and speedy recovery👍

Regards 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, MiK said:

fucking shoulder is still u/s, so I’ve kinda given up on 2021 and pew-pew’ing in the same sentence

I'm sincerely sorry to hear that.

Could you shoot a pistol off-hand in CQB?  I mean, there are folk airsofting in armoured wheelchairs, life finds a way.

On 17/09/2021 at 22:59, Rogerborg said:

@Skara is my freebie. I can like him, and nobody gets to judge me. :P

But yes, Airsoft Hell has one P90, everyone has to fight over it, and it has one mid-cap which only feeds at chrono, never in game.

Surely its got to be a high cap that requires you to take the mag out to wind the wheel every 5 rounds 🤣

Edited by Brophy

• 1 month later...
On 17/09/2021 at 22:18, Leonine said:

If by black hole you mean removing forever. I’ll throw in the overly long safety speeches which I get it, has to be done but surely sites can cut them down 🤨

Sadly, even those that have listened to briefings many times, often display a lack of ability to follow them.

IMHO all people playing should be made to read out a hard copy, sign it and if they still ignore the brief, boot them out.

Sites have rules for a reason. I have played on sites that allow full auto, similar sites that only allow 3 round bursts and 2 second count between those bursts or single shot, as fast as you please.

So, if you are a regular at a particular site, it is still important to go through it as you will notice that some things you do forget.

• Supporters

I'm a fan of putting them on a big sign and saying "Read that". That removes any excuses for not knowing, both on the day, and if legal push comes to shove. After all, how would you prove what you actually said in a briefing?

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

I'm a fan of putting them on a big sign and saying "Read that". That removes any excuses for not knowing, both on the day, and if legal push comes to shove. After all, how would you prove what you actually said in a briefing?

i'd agree, although we do need a culture shift to one where people actually pay attention to the rules on a given site.

the number of times i've seen "that's not how it works where i normally play" used as an excuse for [insert discouragable aspect of airsoft gameplay]

the most fun one i remember hearing was "headshots don't count", can't say i've ever played/heard of a site where that was the case outside of people using it to claim non-hit taking was ok (on a site where head-shots absolutely do count same as any other hit)

2 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i'd agree, although we do need a culture shift to one where people actually pay attention to the rules on a given site.

the number of times i've seen "that's not how it works where i normally play" used as an excuse for [insert discouragable aspect of airsoft gameplay]

the most fun one i remember hearing was "headshots don't count", can't say i've ever played/heard of a site where that was the case outside of people using it to claim non-hit taking was ok (on a site where head-shots absolutely do count same as any other hit)

My favourite thing in life is to have players tell me what the rules are for the scenario that I produced

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Tommikka said:

My favourite thing in life is to have players tell me what the rules are for the scenario that I produced

Counterpoint, if I won a free game day for every time a brief went "So... reds will be... no, blues... wait, who started in the Killhouse last game?  OK, reds in the Killhouse, we're doing fallback. What? We just did that?  Are you sure?" then I'd never have paid for a day's airsoft after the first.

4 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

I have heard rules of, if your weapon is hit, you are hit.

The headshots thing is a contentious one and realistically, if all you present is a head, expect head shots.

However, in the spirit of the game being for fun and not to intentionally hurt people, some people will do head shots even if there is a full body mass to hit. Had it this week at an event, hit on the side of my head, the BB wasn't a 0.2 as I have had plenty of head shots in close quarters to know the difference.

Head shots don't bother me unless they are obviously intentional like that incident was, I took myself out for the remainder of the game as I did get fed up of other players not calling hits and the intentional head shots.

I think a whole number of issue in airsoft need addressing as the honour system is really not optional, the game relies on people accepting that they were hit and following the rules.

9 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Counterpoint, if I won a free game day for every time a brief went "So... reds will be... no, blues... wait, who started in the Killhouse last game?  OK, reds in the Killhouse, we're doing fallback. What? We just did that?  Are you sure?" then I'd never have paid for a day's airsoft after the first.

No comment

I avoid marshalling or any involvement in standard games so don’t need to be tied up in those 

Though once we did manipulate a false ‘disorganised’ game start pretending to not be ready so that I could disappear and the prop dummy came to life

… and we did have a slight problem when our home made ejector seat was discovered to have been left in the garage and wasn’t in Marks car boot. We could have still run ‘find the pilot’ but the idea was to narrow the area by finding his seat, then find him.

(We might have flipped two missions around, but if I recall correctly that was mission 2 so we started the first game and then the chair mission anyway with players hunting a non existent seat until Mark sped home & back and placed it in field)

On 17/09/2021 at 21:30, Shamal said:

OK anyone want to fess up about throwing @MiK @GenuineGerman @Skarainto the airsoft black hole?

And on a side note...What kit would you throw in to one??

I'll kick it of with P90>>

Regards 

I think those pistols which have an insane fire rate can pretty much go to hell

On top of that, support weapons like an M249 can go too, because they’re in possession of pretty much the same fps as a standard M4 or a random good quality carbine. Their only advantage may be their amount of bbs that can be stored, but then again,you can get a hi-cap mag for your AR.

They’re a waste of space and I don’t see them as a good idea. (Pretty much just Tacticool)

Non-hit takers can go too. If that is able to be said

That being said, I wouldn’t mind the mag-dumping retards spontaneously combusting either

6 minutes ago, AirSniper said:

The headshots thing is a contentious one and realistically, if all you present is a head, expect head shots.

However, in the spirit of the game being for fun and not to intentionally hurt people, some people will do head shots even if there is a full body mass to hit. Had it this week at an event, hit on the side of my head, the BB wasn't a 0.2 as I have had plenty of head shots in close quarters to know the difference.

Head shots don't bother me unless they are obviously intentional like that incident was, I took myself out for the remainder of the game as I did get fed up of other players not calling hits and the intentional head shots.

I think a whole number of issue in airsoft need addressing as the honour system is really not optional, the game relies on people accepting that they were hit and following the rules.

Headshots is a contentious one 

But there are a couple of valid reasons for it:

1) back in the olden days before suitable eye protection existed for paintball  (let alone face protection)

You didn’t shoot for heads

2) for rental paintball the ‘headshots’ don’t count rule is to minimise blind firing due to players not putting heads out & to maximise playing time because players then poke their head out and get shot straight away. Let then play for more than one second and they will get a chance to shoot, thus generate paint sales

Unless it’s young players, basic rentals only etc then all body hits should count (except for unbroken paintball bounces)

In airsoft if players think they are big boys making the choice to wear minimal eye protection then that is their choice, and they should accept the potential of being shot in the head. If they don’t like it then wear face protection 

• Supporters
1 minute ago, AirSniper said:

indeed, that's another one, heard of folk getting called out as cheaters for ignoring a gun-hit, on a site where the rule is gun hits don't count.....

either version of the rule has its merits, whether one rule or the other is "better" isn't the problem, it's people not playing to the version of the rule that the site they're playing on is using.

3 minutes ago, AirSniper said:

i can see the issue of "dick move" headshots being the reason a site might consider implementing a headshots don't count policy, after all if people are allowed to ignore headshots then you wouldn't go for them.

however as above the issue isn't about whether that's a good rule or not, it's that players who are used to a headshots don't count rule on their usual site, applying that same rule on a site which doesn't use it, with the inevitable consequence of people who do know how the site rules work getting justifiable irate.

12 minutes ago, AirSniper said:

it's what has pushed me out of the hobby. ultimately it doesn't matter what the rules are, or how well a site tries to enforce them, as long as airsoft is a game played by humans there will be problems.

• Supporters

If headshots didn't count at a site, folk would just stick their mask and the muzzle of an HPA drum fed pistol above a barrel and play in God Mode.

Gun hits seem to be about an even split between: ignore; takes the gun out of commission; counts as a kill.  See rant upthread, site marshals don't always know the site rules.  I like to play a little sub-game of test quizzing marshals by asking them about gun hits, and seeing how many different answers I get over the course of a day. ;) 

Oh, marshals who misapply or don't apply site rules, or who prefer to spend the day chatting or on Facebook: please, no.  I very much appreciate good marshalling, especially as it's often done for peanuts or less.  But a disinterested or conflict-shy marshal is just hoarding a hi-vis from someone who could do a better job of it.

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

If headshots didn't count at a site, folk would just stick their mask and the muzzle of an HPA drum fed pistol above a barrel and play in God Mode.

which is why i find it amusing to think of any site running such a rule for anything more than 1 game before realising that mistake.

3 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Gun hits seem to be about an even split between: ignore; takes the gun out of commission; counts as a kill.  See rant upthread, site marshals don't always know the site rules.  I like to play a little sub-game of test quizzing marshals by asking them about gun hits, and seeing how many different answers I get over the course of a day. ;) 

ain't that the truth, posting rules on a big billboard isn't just for the players benefit....

3 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Oh, marshals who misapply or don't apply site rules, or who prefer to spend the day chatting or on Facebook: please, no.  I very much appreciate good marshalling, especially as it's often done for peanuts or less.  But a disinterested or conflict-shy marshal is just hoarding a hi-vis from someone who could do a better job of it.

you missed out the marshalls who do a good job, backed up by site owners who then override them by sending anyone who shows up in the sin-bin right back out to the field.

39 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

I’ve done that, but not a drum fed pistol 

Facing out of a bunker door was just my head and gun.

Hand tucked under my chin.

Body curled up in an impossible position to keep out of line of sight from the side Windows 

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

Facing out of a bunker door was just my head and gun.

Hand tucked under my chin.

Body curled up in an impossible position to keep out of line of sight from the side Windows 

sounds like a standard peek out of cover to me.

the clear-cut example of why deliberately aiming for headshots isn't a "dick move" in and of itself.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.