Double Eagle B&T ACP556 AEG

mightyjebus

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Yet another outstanding review good sir ! I freely admit I’m absolutely enamoured of my 904 especially as I bought it on a whim ! and first gameday it had i basically used it the entire day I was that impressed with it , mine was also a tad ‘fruity’ out of the box but after lopping a couple of coils off and re-shaping the cut end of the spring it’s doing a very satisfactory 342-45fps .

Have to say I’m on the fence about the look of this one but if they carry on using the ‘Falcon’ system in their new guns I definitely would be happy to buy some more of them .

Looks really nice. It's refreshing to have something new on the market that isn't an M4.

The only tiny critism is the markings on the mock bolt. I'm not sure what 'Col 5.56' is supposed to mean, but it should be 'Cal 5.56'

image.png.8d6b755ea380fa2a14d97b96b82cb664.png

But that's me being super anal.

small update:

Fitted a Guarder M90 spring gives 310 FPS

ASG SP95 give a FPS of 330

Guarder M100 takes the FPS up to 370

Sticking with the ASG for a run-out this weekend. I need to try and run some heavier weight BB's through it to see what it can and can't hop.

• 5 months later...
On 16/09/2021 at 09:09, Speedbird_666 said:

Looks really nice. It's refreshing to have something new on the market that isn't an M4.

The only tiny critism is the markings on the mock bolt. I'm not sure what 'Col 5.56' is supposed to mean, but it should be 'Cal 5.56'

image.png.8d6b755ea380fa2a14d97b96b82cb664.png

But that's me being super anal.

Col stands for Cartridge Overall Length. 

Edited by Louish118

Damn, I'm glad this thread has been resurrected... a Double Eagle that's not an M4, but takes M4 mags... that's getting very near to the top of my shopping list!
Does anyone in the UK actually sell them though???

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

7 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Damn, I'm glad this thread has been resurrected... a Double Eagle that's not an M4, but takes M4 mags... that's getting very near to the top of my shopping list!
Does anyone in the UK actually sell them though???

I believe that ASG will be importing them soon... or at least they are importing some form of APC556 based on their recent press release.

May be an image of text that says "B&T APC 556 6mm Airsoft guns Fully Licensed by B&T EVO Cylinder Set Full Metal (hand guard M4-Style Magazine eciever) recie ASG FOLLOW THE STORY #ASG2022 BT B®T"

This is from their Facebook page.

Edited by Crazy_Crystal

31 minutes ago, Crazy_Crystal said:

I believe that ASG will be importing them soon... or at least they are importing some form of APC556 based on their recent press release...

That's very interesting as I always understood that Krakman in Poland (aka Taiwan Gun) were the European distributor for Double Eagle, and also interesting is no explicit mention of Double Eagle or QAP branding 🤔

57 minutes ago, Fatboy40 said:

That's very interesting as I always understood that Krakman in Poland (aka Taiwan Gun) were the European distributor for Double Eagle, and also interesting is no explicit mention of Double Eagle or QAP branding 🤔

Yeah they are, although most retailers get them straight from HK for the most part (patrol base excepted I think.) As for whether the ASG is OEMd by DE... I guess we'll have to wait and see. I couldn't tell you either way.

Just the thought of two apc556s licenced at the same time is a bit unusual. Last time we had that was the WE & VFC G3s...

On 08/03/2022 at 08:49, Speedbird_666 said:

Cool story bro....🙄

How mature of you.

On 08/03/2022 at 16:51, Crazy_Crystal said:

I believe that ASG will be importing them soon... or at least they are importing some form of APC556 based on their recent press release.

May be an image of text that says "B&T APC 556 6mm Airsoft guns Fully Licensed by B&T EVO Cylinder Set Full Metal (hand guard M4-Style Magazine eciever) recie ASG FOLLOW THE STORY #ASG2022 BT B®T"

This is from their Facebook page.

Yes, ASG will be the European distributor for this rifle.

Edited by Louish118

1 hour ago, Louish118 said:

How mature of you.

Well, you wanted your Ackchyually moment....

image.png.89b98469a63c4dbbe0bdf3fbc9d76011.png

I was going to argue that I've not seen a modern firearm stamped with 'COL' and COAL is the acronym used when it comes to cartridge length in any other context, but couldn't be bothered at the time.

But carry on and keep trying to win the internet.

On 13/03/2022 at 15:23, Speedbird_666 said:

Well, you wanted your Ackchyually moment....

image.png.89b98469a63c4dbbe0bdf3fbc9d76011.png

I was going to argue that I've not seen a modern firearm stamped with 'COL' and COAL is the acronym used when it comes to cartridge length in any other context, but couldn't be bothered at the time.

But carry on and keep trying to win the internet.

Yet you take the time to make another sarcy comment. I was just telling you what it stands for, and that it's not a mistake on DE's behalf. 

21 minutes ago, Louish118 said:

Yet you take the time to make another sarcy comment. I was just telling you what it stands for, and that it's not a mistake on DE's behalf. 

But that’s the point, it IS an error by DE, the pic I posted was of the REAL ACP556 taken directly from the B&T website.

The markings on the Airsoft version are wrong. You tried to be the smart arse adding incorrect context to a spelling mistake made in the DE factory for internet cool points.

This is a silly argument to be having, but I tried independently to find out which of you was right.  While COAL is definitely a thing, I couldn't find any evidence for COL, it's CAL on guns on all the images I've seen.

So if I can be bold and be the arbiter of this disagreement, it's down to you Louish to provide some evidence, just one pic of a real steel gun would be enough to validate your point. 

since this has been revived, I thought I'd update.

AEG is running fine to be honest and the only modification currently is a little cover for the ambi mag release as I have a tendency to knock the release on my chest rig, which is annoying.

I designed and 3D printed a cover to stop this happening.

20220315_220324.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 13/05/2022 at 16:15, GraphiteSunray said:

How have you found battery life with the Falcon? I have one of the M4s and it burns through a lipo in a morning.

You're missing important points out of your message...

# What's the mAh of the battery?

# How many BBs do you believe you've shot when using it for a morning?

# Exactly what voltage is the battery at at the end of the morning?

# Is your DE M90X rifle stock? (have you made any changes to it).

... otherwise others can't reply with accurate comments.

Personally I've had no problems at all with batteries and the Falcon controller, but people must understand that it IS NOT a GATE Titan, it's battery management is crap compared to the real deal where you can set custom values. Double Eagle have directly told me that the battery protection will let a LiPo batteries cells go below 3.2 volts, and this will more than likely cause permanent damage to them, before the low cell voltage protection kicks in.

On Reddit I've argued with people claiming that the Falcon kills batteries, but in and of itself it does not, it's the player not using a battery with an high enough mAh and expecting the gun to cover their arse with it "magic fairy dust".

For me, when running a DE M904E as an AEG in skirmishes (I don't play milsim), I'll often get through 1,500 or more BBs, and I'll take a 3,000 mAh Titan LiIo down to around 3.4v per cell. I'd say that if you're maybe shooting 1,000 BBs a morning you'd want a minimum of 1,450 mAh on an 11.2v otherwise you'll run dry and potentially cause permanent battery damage.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.