Best UK outdoor location

Spoons

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Gunman eversley Alpha is a cracking woodland site inbetween Basingstoke and farnborough.

ucap greenops also a very decent little woodland site that has been extensively upgraded during the recent lockdowns. 

46 minutes ago, Randymanpipe said:

Gunman eversley Alpha is a cracking woodland site inbetween Basingstoke and farnborough.

@Randymanpipe is that "Alpha" site still just a "Filmsim" only site?

I've considered going to the "Bravo" site next door to it but it just looks so open with very little cover / undergrowth.

On 21/09/2021 at 16:36, Fatboy40 said:

@Randymanpipe is that "Alpha" site still just a "Filmsim" only site?

I've considered going to the "Bravo" site next door to it but it just looks so open with very little cover / undergrowth.

Went to Bravo last year and while it was fantastically run, the games were shit tier. Aimed at a very new player with semi shot only, in woodland. WTF?

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Groot said:

Went to Bravo last year and while it was fantastically run, the games were shit tier. Aimed at a very new player with semi shot only, in woodland. WTF?

I was there a few weeks back and had a great day. Semi only in woodland is a bit gash, sure but then equally you don't actually have to hose down anything that moves to suppress a position either.

1 hour ago, Lozart said:

I was there a few weeks back and had a great day. Semi only in woodland is a bit gash, sure but then equally you don't actually have to hose down anything that moves to suppress a position either.

I like full auto.

Its like my favourite thing :P

tumblr_pipsy4Kl5s1qi26lwo1_500.gif

2 hours ago, Lozart said:

Whaaaaaaat!

I don’t do milsims because I have no desire to pretend I’m in the military.

(and while I’m moaning about milsims why would you spend all the money on an ngrs/systema for an event that would in every other way be aiming to reproduce realism. I would insist on gbb rifles as the standard to be aspiring to) 

I play airsoft complete with hicaps and a fun switch so woodland semi auto is something I may inflict upon myself but not across the board as I’ve played those games.

what I find especially annoying is when it’s a pistol shotgun game but then someone complains and suddenly they can use their aeg rifle on semi only with a hicap and somehow that makes them equal to a revolver or a pump springer. 
rant over

Edited by Stratton Oakmont

2 hours ago, Lozart said:

@Lozart Is the cover at the Bravo site as sparse as it looks in photos and videos? I'm not expecting a rain-forest, but it just looks like skinny tree trunks and a few wooden barricades and tyres, and someone spamming a DMR could control everything?

• Supporters
1 hour ago, EDcase said:

Skilled players only need semi... 😉

Thank you, I'll take that 😜

4 hours ago, EDcase said:

Skilled players only need semi... 😉

...I need to upgrade to over 30rps...

So my AUG only doing full auto means..... 🤔

On 21/09/2021 at 15:42, Randymanpipe said:

ucap greenops also a very decent little woodland site that has been extensively upgraded during the recent lockdowns. 

I'm looking at going to greenops (and their bunker site in Portsmouth). Those barricades and towers look like great fun to play around. 

I'm excited to try out more fields, but glad my local, Worthing, is great so I don't find it necessary. 

21 minutes ago, Badgerlicious said:

So my AUG only doing full auto means..... 🤔

Is it broken?

Should have a 2-stage trigger.

Light pull for semi and full pull for auto.

You'll have to learn to be light fingered 😏

Edited by EDcase

17 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Is it broken?

Should have a 2-stage trigger.

Light pull for semi and full pull for auto.

You'll have to learn to be light fingered 😏

It's a bit broken, yes. Your comment make me think it's trying to tell me something though 🤣 I need to get into the gearbox and fix something with the contacts. I've been putting it off while fixing my other gun so I have a backup in case anything goes wrong. 

48 minutes ago, Badgerlicious said:

It's a bit broken, yes. Your comment make me think it's trying to tell me something though 🤣 I need to get into the gearbox and fix something with the contacts. I've been putting it off while fixing my other gun so I have a backup in case anything goes wrong. 

Its likely a problem with the actuator bar, safety selector or contacts.  Hopefully no need to get in the gearbox.

Edited by EDcase

10 hours ago, Fatboy40 said:

@Lozart Is the cover at the Bravo site as sparse as it looks in photos and videos? I'm not expecting a rain-forest, but it just looks like skinny tree trunks and a few wooden barricades and tyres, and someone spamming a DMR could control everything?

The area around the safe zone is sparse and fairly open.  Some of the site is as thick as Liz Truss.  All depends on where you play there.  

A mate got lost in the scrub there last year and had to be rescued after a  couple of hours.  It's  a big site...

• Supporters
18 hours ago, Fatboy40 said:

7 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

The area around the safe zone is sparse and fairly open.  Some of the site is as thick as Liz Truss.  All depends on where you play there.  

A mate got lost in the scrub there last year and had to be rescued after a  couple of hours.  It's  a big site...

What he said. It's pretty typical woodland for the area, lots of pine trees but also lots of reasonably dense cover. Also their DMR limits are 400FPS and 30m MED so they're not THAT effective there, single only stops anyone from dominating an area with an LMG so there's that too. Works pretty well.

I mean, yes, there's areas set out with man made barricades like this:

Gunman15-8-21-4528.thumb.jpg.296a422bcfe311933c1c3fcdaba09500.jpg

but there's also wooded areas with plenty of undergrowth:

Gunman15-8-21-4702.thumb.jpg.53e9763adb4ebbd02a9d3f5f5f668c74.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.