Best UK outdoor location

Spoons

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

be better to state what you are looking for in a site rather than what people think is the best. most people play two or three local sites. I personally think Section 8 is great but i haven't played at any other out door sites in maybe a decade. 

10 hours ago, Spoons said:

Hi guys,

Just wondering where you think the best outdoor woodland location is in the UK.

Obviously no right or wrong answers, purely opinion.

Be good to look further afield.

A site with lots of trees….

Whatever's local to you, as long as it doesn't suck. I've been to both Worthing Airsoft and S.W.A (Sussex Woodland Activities) and both were great for different reasons. I haven't been to Dogtag yet, though I've heard mixed opinions on it. I'll still go and see for myself, but that's the point; I think whatever is local to you is good, as long as you try it and enjoy it.

3 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

I really like the facilities at Area-66: good access road, hard standing, a generously sized safe zone, well stocked shop, hot and cold food on site, and even a functional permanent toilet block.

But whether I actually enjoy the day is down to the dickishness-to-decency ratio among the players who actually show up, and whether the marshals are on the ball that day.

And I'd generalise that to any site.  It's the people, not the place.

Yeah I agree with that last statement.

The world would be a great place if it wasn't for the people! 😉

• Supporters

Problem is your asking for a personal opinion on a site , and as I always say ‘an opinion is like an arsehole , sometimes it’s clean and shiny , but more often than not it’s full of shit !’ 🤦‍♂️
Ive always been a believer in you’ll never really get a true idea of a site unless you go there your self , you personally know the player recommending it or you’ve got multiple players who’ve played at multiple sites voicing there opinions on it . Over the years I’ve unfortunately been to more than one site that had excellent reviews but when I went my self I thought it was a right bag of tits for what ever reason and I’d never go back there again .

Just my two pennies worth on the subject .👍

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Shamal said:

Yeah I agree with that last statement.

The world would be a great place if it wasn't for the people! 😉

images.jpeg

• Supporters
19 hours ago, Spoons said:

Be good to look further afield.

Hey mate, so your looking for sites to try out ?

As has been pointed out, opinions are like arseholes, everyone's got one, & what one player considers to be a positive, others may be indifferent to, for example some players get hard at the mention of flushing toilets lol.

so give us some more information:

Firstly, where are you located & how far are you prepared to travel ?

What features do YOU want to see/try ?

Not saying i heard a rumour about CS.......

But.......

19 hours ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

Not saying i heard a rumour about CS.......

But.......

Don't It is still too fresh

At this point I think I may be considered a broken record, but... you should be able to find plenty of sites without personal opinions on https://playairsoft.uk. Just type in “outdoor” into the search box and off you go.

I’m currently working on a proper search page with filtering, where you’ll be able to filter by “site type” among other attributes. Hopefully that will help folks who are looking for something a bit more specific than a typical Sunday skirmish at their local pewpew site (have nothing against those!).

If a local site isn’t on there, I’d love for you to submit any details on it you may have, so I could add it to the list.

Edited by shadowfacex
typos

Hi @shadowfacex🖐

Have you got green ops. A smallish woodland site run by ucap(up close and personal).located in Liphook.

A good site with lots of props such as downed light aircraft a helicopter front half,military vehicles and more being added. Good game scenarios.

Site can be challenging but not too much walking back to respawn.

Large carpark at the end of a half mile rough track.

Large covered safe zone.

Great down to earth and experienced marshalls who aim to keep the games flowing and fair.

Also run by ucap is the ww2 d-day tunnels under portsdown hill portsmouth.

Something a little different and a challenge.  

Cqb at its most brutal lol but great,atmospheric play. Again plenty of authentic props and a few surprises!

A little difficult to find as you  would expect for a secret bunker.

2.5 miles of bunker to explore.niiice! 

Regards

54 minutes ago, shadowfacex said:

@Shamal I only see Vendetta, which seem to be run by UCAP (is it the same UCAP?). I’ll add your suggestion and see if I can dig up any more info on that.

Yes vendetta is the gloustershire prison.

Valiant is the Dorchester prison.and we did have redemption which was the victorian prison in Portsmouth but we lost that. They were all ucap.

Regards 

@shadowfacex

Also near to me is Badlands airsoft in Emsworth. Not been yet but the reviews and promo material make it seem worth a try.

Camouflage airsoft and paintball near Hurn Airport Bournemouth is another one on my list.

Regards 

• Supporters
16 hours ago, Shamal said:

Hi @shadowfacex🖐

Have you got green ops. A smallish woodland site run by ucap(up close and personal).located in Liphook.

A good site with lots of props such as downed light aircraft a helicopter front half,military vehicles and more being added. Good game scenarios.

Site can be challenging but not too much walking back to respawn.

Large carpark at the end of a half mile rough track.

Large covered safe zone.

Great down to earth and experienced marshalls who aim to keep the games flowing and fair.

Also run by ucap is the ww2 d-day tunnels under portsdown hill portsmouth.

Something a little different and a challenge.  

Cqb at its most brutal lol but great,atmospheric play. Again plenty of authentic props and a few surprises!

A little difficult to find as you  would expect for a secret bunker.

2.5 miles of bunker to explore.niiice! 

Regards

15 hours ago, Shamal said:

Valiant is the Dorchester prison.and we did have redemption which was the victorian prison in Portsmouth but we lost that. They were all ucap.

Regards 

14 hours ago, Shamal said:

@shadowfacex

Also near to me is Badlands airsoft in Emsworth. Not been yet but the reviews and promo material make it seem worth a try.

Camouflage airsoft and paintball near Hurn Airport Bournemouth is another one on my list.

Regards 

There's a form to suggest sites on the website for Playairsoft https://airtable.com/shrpMw7Xx1UiVErke

Fill your boots!

2 hours ago, Lozart said:

There's a form to suggest sites on the website for Playairsoft https://airtable.com/shrpMw7Xx1UiVErke

Fill your boots!

I'm done now 👍🙂

21 hours ago, Shamal said:

Regards 

What about the Bunker at Portsmouth? I keep meaning to go but life always seems to get in the way at the moment.

2 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

What about the Bunker at Portsmouth? I keep meaning to go but life always seems to get in the way at the moment.

Yeah I did put that on list lol

It would be good for you to try it at least once. 

I mean,the smell, the noise the water dripping through the chalk,the thrill of getting lost in dark,cold,narrow tunnels.

What's not to like lol.

Open every Wednesday evening £15 and fortnightly on a Sunday£30

See ya there 🙂

Regards 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.