Can a 16 year old use a RIF at an airsoft site?

Not_Harry

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I'm 16 and I want to start playing airsoft at my local site my dad owns a RIF which he gave to me so I could start playing without having to borrow the sites own guns because there not that good. So can I use a RIF at an airsoft site that was given to me?    

Thanks in advance!

• Supporters

Simple answer is yes, now get out & play (responsibly 😜)

• Supporters

Seconded, no problem at all.

I'd stress the "responsibly" part, you don't want anyone seeing it until you're in the safe zone.  The actual consideration isn't use at the site, it's transporting it there, since public possession of an imitation firearm (realistic or otherwise) is an offence under Firearms Act 1968 Section 19.

We all need a "reasonable excuse (the proof whereof lies on [us])", i.e. booking details or at least the site info when you're on your way to or from the site with it. Don't be tempted to take it out and show off for your mates, it's just not worth the risk of getting a real one pointed at you by an irate firearms unit copper.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.