Looking for Arduino programmer for joint projects

MickeyLT

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All,

It is a risky and very long shot, but why not.

2 years ago I've made a box with multiple game modes, sold couple of them.

I've came up with the whole design and functionality and very smart 15y/o boy programmed it for me.

Tried to learn programming myself and I know it is not difficult, but it is just not for me...

I was paying for programming and ended up dropping everything...

2 years after I've decided to carry on with my dream and ideas

So looking for someone in UK who would want to be a programmer/designer/partner in creating Airsoft/Paintball props

We both would buy all parts separate and test them together

Can't promisse any money at start, but we would share agreed percentage on the finished products

Project examples:

Bomb with remote controls for diffusing / detonating

Balance box transportation

Wireless automatization using Baofeng radios

Death zone automated player register / timer

And so on...

"Can't promisse any money at start, but we would share agreed percentage on the finished products"

I really think you need to rework your business plan before you take someone on board to make stuff for you. If I was a candidate, that kind of phrase would make me run away faster than a speeding bullet. IMO, it's either you pay them upfront for their work or it's nothing. Because, as you said, it's risky and you've not shown that there is market potential for these kinds of products. So if you do happen to take on some talented person on an agreed percentage, and the business flops, that talented individual has worked hard and wasted much of his time for diddly squat. After all, it is your dream, not theirs.

For most airsoft/robotics projects, python should be adequate and there are a lot of free learning resources out there.

I meant more like a hobby thing, I'm not opening business, I just looking for someone who is interested in making things, and I am risking giving all my designs and ideas to that person, they will have a code. I only can copy it and tweak a bit, but I would not be able to fix it or change it.

Once again this is not a business, there are no timelines and benefits :D

I don't own anything or have anything to do with sites or rentals, I just want to "MAKE AIRSOFT GREAT AGAIN" :D

And if we would make something that would be a bonus for selling it, thats all

Or I can just go on FIVERR :D

Best bet is to load the Python module on the Arduino as it is much easier to learn than C. Then get yourself the “Automate the boring stuff with Python” book and online course.

I have developed a basic airsoft target game with a mini Arduino runninf C (with help from a friend who is a software dev) - those are two weeks of my life I am never getting back!

I have tried a few different languages and it is not for me...

It can be any language as long as we could get a prototype and parts for it.

Trying my luck on Fiverr, but to have someone local and in to this sport would be amazing ;)

There’s not much money in programmable props.

Some get put up for sale, but they are unlikely to make the money in relation to the work.

Any site or organiser will either do it themselves or bung some cash/free games at a teenage geek marshal / player.

There is a member on here who has been selling off the code for some arduino props

He gives you the design, you build it and he sells you the encoded code - in hex so that you don’t reverse engineer it, and you have to keep getting new code for new designs

https://airsoft-forums.uk/profile/23791-martinius96/

Was the existing code you bought encoded and owned by the author or do you have the source code?

If so then I’d recommend using that as your bare bones

If not then I’d recommend looking around for some similar open source designs, having a test run and then tweaking it to your needs.

Don’t get bogged down worrying about the programming language itself.

Design & document 3 things:

The game modes - and their rules

The props buttons and gadgets - and how they function in the modes

The flow of how these run ….. that flow then documents the decision points that the software needs to do

Then using a piece of source code tweak it for the buttons & electronics you’re using & and the actions/modes you want

Otherwise you’re going to have to find the unicorn who wants to share with you or pay someone such as Martinius to write for your design

@@@@@@@@@@@

We have a series of functioning props built and programmed by our electronics guy.

Shortly before lockdown I bought an old commercial prop box in auction and fixed some of its issues.  Then without a manual by pressing every possible button combination I worked out its mode programming.

To follow that as a lockdown project I designed a series of props and game modes, took some online sample code and step by step customised to my components, sensors and modes

The ‘right’ way to program is to be efficient and if selling code/props then you want each to have enough functions to be interesting but not too many to give it all in one.

My way is for experimentation and to have a big all encompassing master prop that does everything and can be upgraded along the way, accompanied by a series of baby props with specific  physical functions and as close as possible to the master code.

That’s inefficient in programming terms, but I can update the software across the range

• Supporters

It's an honest, realistic ask, better than a lot of the fantasy stuff we see floated around.  I think anyone getting involved would be aware of the limited market, that they'll mostly be covering the parts cost, and the labour would be done for love.

Sadly I'm rammed with personal projects, but the actual programming for any of those proposed applications would be fairly straightforward, so I'd be hopeful that someone will jump in - you just need to find them.

Thank you guys. I've spent now £100 on fiverr, I am risking a lot but have no choice.

I have many unique ideas, and my main goal is simplicity. I don't want to praise but some of mine ideas won some competitions for other people, but never did something for myslef, or had anyone in cooperation, it is not money making business and like you guys said if it will cover the parts that is already a win

And that is my tree for the code we are working with smart guy from Bangladesh...

sketch.PNG

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.