Newbie in Northampton

Guest seventyseven

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest seventyseven

Hi, thought i ought to introduce  myself.

New  to airsoft but been shooting since i was 9 ish, I'm a tad older.

Having had  3 strokes and associated  issues ive ended back with a gun in my hand. That sorta sounds odd. I needed a hobby to help with motor function in my right side particularly  my arm and hand. Tried a few things  and decided to get back into shooting. Options limited and airsoft has a much more interesting range.

I'm currently  target shooting at home on private land looking for local locations  i can legally shoot.

Currently  using a short/pistol a WE G17 which is fun, given my restrictions  with land its ideal  for plinking and I'm improving  with better grouping and really enjoying it. Gas blowback nice feature, more realistic.

I picked up AGM's Sten and MP40 as I've always wanted a decent replica of each that doesn't break the bank and these actually  shoot so a win  win.

Oh, almost forgot. A Snow Wolf M14A USCM Pulse Rifle ( ALIENS) I've  had a long while  as a huge ALIENS fan.  This is lukely to be made a film accurate  replica so not airsoft once done.

Well  thats me really.

Edited by seventyseven

Welcome

While airsoft isn't as accurate as real weapons its still fun to target shoot at shorter ranges.

Be aware that even if the land is private you have to be careful if any public would be able to see you.  It only takes one call and you have to deal with lots of explaining and hassle.

Hi @seventyseven 👋

Welcome to the forum, full of advice and like minded players! 🔫🤪👍

Have fun shooting in your back yard, out of public eye! 👍

💷GAMBLE💷

Guest seventyseven

Hi Ed, im lucky inasmuch as a path down beside my house is 20m long 1.6m wide and not overlooked 7' high gate at one end and other end is blanked off . Its joint owned by nextdoor an myself and he's  cool  with it. I'm  only using the pistol as smg's pretty noisey for the 'burbs'  ive got a target mount with funnel and lined with rubber and also full size human paper target mount with a oversized carpet  panel to dampen noise and ricochet. The 'alley cum range is good For now. I need to find somewhere to stretch the smg's legs. It's  good to be doing something and enjoying it immensely. 

Edited by seventyseven

Sounds good 👍

As long as the neighbours know.

Would be worth checking if there's a game site near you.

I expect most would let you use the range for free.

https://playairsoft.uk/

Might even be tempted into having a game day.  I know some 'mature' players who manage to have fun walking around and shooting 😉

Edited by EDcase

Hi @seventysevenand welcome to the playground 👍

Three strokes! Well that beats my one stroke and angina lol.

Well done for getting on top of it 👏

As @EDcasesays maybe you could have a game at a nearby site and see how you get on. It's a bit more interesting than garden target shooting and you just take it at your own pace.

I've got a tm mk23 for pigeon and squirrel annoying in back garden.  It's virtually silent and it helps keep my eye in lol. 

Keep well and have fun🙂

Regards 

5 hours ago, seventyseven said:

Hi, thought i ought to introduce  myself.

Greetings fellow northampton denizen, and welcome to the forum.

And sounds like you are pretty lucky with your alley/range...   my "range" is my back garden, and its nowhere near long enough. (I did make a bb catcher to minimise ricochets and damage to the fencing panels when target shooting over lockdowns)

If you want to get out to a game day,  the nearest site is RIFT comms site 3 in chipping warden, approx. 30 mins drive away (but they are temporarily running reduced number games due to disruption caused by HS2 works)

Guest seventyseven

Thanks for the warm welcome and advice. Ill jave a look at the Chipping Warden site. Theres an indoor range 5 mins from my house but not currently catering for airsoft which is a real shame.

The alleyway works great for pistol/target shooting. Got my other half and daughters into it and a G19 just  purchased.

I sold off a a smallish collection of denix reps and blank firers which looked great but completely useless in reality as i realized i wanted to shoot, not look at stuff on a shelf. Ive kept a broomhandle Mauser for a DL44 (non firing) conversion using all metal parts. Its an ongoing work in progress...I'm a  Star Wars fan as well.

Having  not really been a Glock fan I'm getting to like them.

The Sten and MP40 have original style paratrooper  carry/storage bags and a supressor  for the sten. The Sten looks great with one fitted. Suppressor Courtesy of Dominic at Vintage Airsoft.

3 hours ago, seventyseven said:

...Ive kept a broomhandle Mauser for a DL44 (non firing) conversion using all metal parts. Its an ongoing work in progress...I'm a  Star Wars fan as well....

They do a gas blowback DL-44 as well 😉

https://www.surplusstore.co.uk/armorer-works-k00001-dl44-blaster-rif.html

Its only £177 including post if you have UKARA and order from HongKong.  (There may be import fees on top)

https://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/p32524/ARMORER-WORKS-M712-Star-Wars-Han-Solo-DL-44-GBB-Pistol/product_info.html

Edited by EDcase

11 hours ago, seventyseven said:

Theres an indoor range 5 mins from my house but not currently catering for airsoft which is a real shame.

guessing you are referring to On Target at the back of Brackmills industrial estate?  its a shame they wont allow airsoft, as it would be ideal to get an idea of what our guns are doing and tweak them at medium range...

not many ranges i have spoken to will allow airsoft..   but there is a range between Milton Keynes and Leighton Buzzard that has said as a member i am free to use the outdoor range when they are quiet, but i must switch to an air rifle or leave the range if someone else comes along to use it for air rifles,  which is fair enough...   but after all the lockdowns, they have been pretty busy so i haven't been able to use their range (even for air rifles)

11 hours ago, seventyseven said:

Having  not really been a Glock fan I'm getting to like them.

not really a Glock fan either.  i did start with a WE G26c Advance, but i MUCH prefer the EMG John Wick Hicapa that was my second pistol...   Glocks are OK,  but not my cup of tea...  

talking of which... im thirsty
*heads off to make a cup of tea*

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.