Wooden foregrip and pistol grip for TM AK47S ...?

RostokMcSpoons

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, 

I'm looking to replace the creaking plastic foregrip on my TM AK47S.  
I've seen a few wooden stock parts on AliExpress but I'm not entirely sure the parts will fit when they don't specifically mention TM.
Has anyone here tried one of these out, and can recommend a specific kit?  
Are they easy to fit?

Edit:  Here a link to something that looks like it would be correct.. but I'd hate to waste £45 if it isn't!
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001608483620.html (first 'colour')

PS Apologies if I've posted this in the wrong forum

Edited by RostokMcSpoons
Added link to a 'contender'

• Supporters

Playful Bag mostly sell stuff for gel ball guns so I would go into it expecting to fettle it a bit!

1 hour ago, Lozart said:

Playful Bag mostly sell stuff for gel ball guns so I would go into it expecting to fettle it a bit!

'Gel ball', is that the cross between paintball and airsoft thing?   I thought it was a mis-translation but I do remember seeing about that a few years back (and thought it was pretty cool)
Anyway - thanks for the heads-up!  I'll maybe try pinging them a message, I'm just not really trusting my Chinese language skills :D 

Gel blasters are the only system legal to use in Australia.

Some are produced by the same companies that make airsoft weapons so the base is the same.

Since its not common in the UK I don't think you'll find conclusive answers here.

Edited by EDcase

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
3 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Hi, 

I'm looking to replace the creaking plastic foregrip on my TM AK47S.  
I've seen a few wooden stock parts on AliExpress but I'm not entirely sure the parts will fit when they don't specifically mention TM.
Has anyone here tried one of these out, and can recommend a specific kit?  
Are they easy to fit?

Edit:  Here a link to something that looks like it would be correct.. but I'd hate to waste £45 if it isn't!
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001608483620.html (first 'colour')

PS Apologies if I've posted this in the wrong forum

Something to consider with Airsoft is that ultimately, tolerances are very loose and even if you buy a kit designed for the TM RIF you have, you might find that you'll need to dremel, sand, or file material until you're able to fit the furniture in question.

Your best bet is to start by searching "TM AK47S wood kit" (apologies if that's what you did before coming here!) and then looking for direct kits that you know were designed for the direct RIF - it's the best chance of finding something without having to shell out for another kit down the line!

I don't really have a solid opinion on whether that gel blaster kit would fit, or not, but I would avoid buying it purely because you don't know whether the gel blaster in question was cloned from an Airsoft gun or not.

Examples:

https://eagle6.co.uk/shop/catalog/product/view/id/4953/s/guarder-ak-47s-wood-kit/   <- Out of stock, though Guarder make good kits so if you can find one, you should be all set

https://www.airsoftworld.net/ak47s-full-wood-kit.html    <- Universal kit, should be fine but caveat emptor

Edited by DrAlexanderTobacco

Thanks for the replies :)

Yeah, I found the Guarder kit but can't find it in... stock.     If you'll pardon the pun
(I wouldn't :D

I think I'll disassemble my gun to see if I can reduce the creakiness of the plastic with some sponge or plasticine... until that Guarder or universal kit becomes avaiable.  
(I'm not afraid of using a Dremel, but looking again at the kit I linked to, that seems to have more wood at the front of the handguard than the airsoft kits)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.