Looking for some Lipo charger buying direction

TommoThomson

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Isdt and skyrc are the chargers I use. They have a mix of models to suit budget and desired spec/setup.

Ive used them for many years on airsoft, rc crawlers and fpv quads and they have never missed a beat.

Hi @tommo thompson

How long have you had it?

I have the same charger.Ive had it four years now and to be honest if/when it gives up I will get another one.

They are very good.

If you do go for something else just read buyer reviews to get an idea of how good it is.

Regards 

Get another Imax B6AC, and then the mini hooked up to a motorbike battery if you need to charge at a site 👍

(I've both, and someone at two sites I go to has a big Stanley Fatmax toolbox which he keeps his motorbike battery and charger in and has also an inverter in it with a standard three pin power outlet - Edit: To clarify it's all mounted in the toolbox, it's really well done, and the three pin outlet is on the outside)

Edited by Fatboy40

22 hours ago, Shamal said:

Hi @tommo thompson

How long have you had it?

I have the same charger.Ive had it four years now and to be honest if/when it gives up I will get another one.

They are very good.

If you do go for something else just read buyer reviews to get an idea of how good it is.

Regards 

I've had it years now and tbh I think it's a cheap clone and it did me well, but it keeps saying I have a connection break and beeping even though the wires are connected correctly externally. So I can't do a thing with it and I do need it for obvious reasons 🤣

Have a look online.ebay is a good place to start. 

Good luck 👍

• Supporters

Componentshop.com, UK based & great for advice & supply for anything battery/charger related.

This charger/discharger has been serving me well over the years. Just make sure you buy a genuine one!

I buy my batteries from Vapextech.co.uk.

1054B590-F148-44CA-A51A-5EB9C713EF47.jpeg

28 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Best charger without spending silly money is probably one of these.

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/skyrc-t100-battery-charger-444856

Agreed. That, or the slightly cheaper SkyRC S65.

Imax B6's have had their day. Genuine ones aren't exactly great value for money anymore, and unless you buy from an authorised dealer, there's a good chance it's going to be fake. And the balance logic is slow and outdated compared to newer designs.

41 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Agreed. That, or the slightly cheaper SkyRC S65.

Imax B6's have had their day. Genuine ones aren't exactly great value for money anymore, and unless you buy from an authorised dealer, there's a good chance it's going to be fake. And the balance logic is slow and outdated compared to newer designs.

Shows how out dated I am, but if it ain’t broke, I’m not going to fix it.

• Supporters
  • Supporters
30 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Yep, that's what I have.

My problem with turnigy is everything is just a rebrand and while some things are ok others really aren't and when it comes to chargers I am always cautious.

I use the skyrc t200 as need to charge 6s but did have the t100 for awhile and it is a brilliant dual charger for under £45.

14 hours ago, Sneaky said:

Shows how out dated I am, but if it ain’t broke, I’m not going to fix it.

Thats so true, I'm only buying as mine has broke 😁

16 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Best charger without spending silly money is probably one of these.

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/skyrc-t100-battery-charger-444856

14 hours ago, EDcase said:

Thanks for these two suggestions I will take a look at both, there are so many to chose from and all I want is one that works and doesn't keep beeping at me that its got a connection break 😁

I've had an Imax B6AC and an Accucel 6 charger and though they are older tech, they do the job fine. The power supply on my Imax B6AC failed after a couple of years and then the buttons became unresponsive. The Accucel 6 is still going strong 10 years later. 

For heavier charging duties or field charging I've got a couple of ISDT Q6 Pro 300W chargers and there is a more recent Q8 500W version. These are quality, accurate chargers and are very portable for field charging. They also accept a wide range of voltage inputs so you can use an old laptop charger or a PC/server power supply to power them. In the field you can use a lead acid battery or large lipo. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.