Stock change help

AirsoftRegan

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys so I’m looking to turn my .308 rifle into a sort of SR25 design. At the moment it has a crane m4 stock on but I am looking to change it over to a sort of m16/SR25 type stock. I’ve watched some videos online on how to change. Stock but I’m not sure the m16 stock requires a buffer tube. Does anyone have any advice or videos they could share on how to swap an m4 stock to an m16/SR25 stock 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, AirsoftRegan said:

Hi guys so I’m looking to turn my .308 rifle into a sort of SR25 design. At the moment it has a crane m4 stock on but I am looking to change it over to a sort of m16/SR25 type stock. I’ve watched some videos online on how to change. Stock but I’m not sure the m16 stock requires a buffer tube. Does anyone have any advice or videos they could share on how to swap an m4 stock to an m16/SR25 stock 

OK, you'll need 1) your chosen stock, 2) a long ass stock screw (might not come with the stock), 3) a suitable sling plate (something like this one is good https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/kingarms-metal-rear-sling-adapter-m16-solid-stock)

The reason for the sling plate is that the M16 style stock has a step in the front end:

20210906_170041.thumb.jpg.63430bb0db3ce3884dabf0055c4c0d89.jpg

You'll need that plate in there to keep the stock solid when you screw it on.

Then it's just a case of pulling your wiring through (you may need to extend it or get an adaptor) and screw the stock on with that long ass screw!

Also - I have a handguard for sale if you want to make it more "SR-25ey"

2 minutes ago, Lozart said:

OK, you'll need 1) your chosen stock, 2) a long ass stock screw (might not come with the stock), 3) a suitable sling plate (something like this one is good https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/kingarms-metal-rear-sling-adapter-m16-solid-stock)

The reason for the sling plate is that the M16 style stock has a step in the front end:

20210906_170041.thumb.jpg.63430bb0db3ce3884dabf0055c4c0d89.jpg

You'll need that plate in there to keep the stock solid when you screw it on.

Then it's just a case of pulling your wiring through (you may need to extend it or get an adaptor) and screw the stock on with that long ass screw!

oh wow it’s just that simple; do you recommend any specific brand of m16 stock, do you mind if I see a photo of you weapon to see how the stock looks

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, AirsoftRegan said:

oh wow it’s just that simple; do you recommend any specific brand of m16 stock, do you mind if I see a photo of you weapon to see how the stock looks

Sure, mine's a MK12 built with an E&C M4 receiver but the stock was second hand. There is a Cyma one that has the adjustable stock plate that is a bit more SR25 accurate though.

azeJdUsXUkLrMkEbrk1wUFHC7zLS4giU45sDLZ36n3nCp6Q-ksOrMXMq5mVIOBIjr0D-BL_QbnLPV76_fVV0uOSM0ArZsrq3zWmIi94SVTepf9xucwf4mT4bf8GLLHVZVVYKDHFAoNvchXgt5E6bMXeJWj5TuJWxPli7A4bhsHliB-DiMbhzHlp4vRvCL1SKpuKVmfjL7NojgUbCwFqlwrnr8MNfI7j2ZA1fF9ZJIYW-F1J3Bjp_9f-2Y_rz6o6o6vrKk8XwRu4ZjOv8Da77ACOSWI-i2YLahq0gpQM8Ww4WdgRu7zVBUvMMpNXLOk8vYyUxlTl5UpsLdi90hvEr3O_0kEGpD-8QRXrwJQE_c3ZP3zqIzAGirRcrYpteLcuPL07yhGQiGbjfttGj7qdupWhQnJEBSoSu6ZLN9KHNJ3e-TOw90K5-v8DZbNUmErGraDbQAjJoDB2Gx-7H6WOaLz52vwxO1tckYMHeC8syktCGnBAao-tXY2QyB1g5WcGBYpr14bPYoR7bRoSJPZT278nIgyIuNo_Or_yvr6Vok1XZXagmwKiGGYQEaXhTr2dqoR8sHpsD9ngM2s9nw7Rnd9TrAUD88GIiQVQ0FB71MzxVjSnlqAy730-ZtJqRrWOAkd4He2PlXgIrhmVsLRct_BZYY3prmOPMb4jfE1oXU1WCIOdnr_rgEnQY8NagNHkTjDFA3ZnKwx7B12S2hKIUi2Ws=w711-h947-no?authuser=0

This one comes with all the parts you'd need: https://www.davescustomairsoft.co.uk/external-parts/stocks-and-stock-related/cyma-m4-m16-aeg-full-stock-with-adjustable-butt-pad.html

On 06/09/2021 at 15:09, AirsoftRegan said:

If you need a stock ring, I have one spare as cannibalised two stocks for my SR25.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.