E&L AKS-74U w/ All The Trimmings

alxndrhll

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi folks,

This is a project I started gathering bits for much earlier in the year, had the fitting and machining work. Have now used it twice at games and it's just not for me in terms of the ergonomics and general controls/manipulation. What I'd affectionately call 'doing a Dave', those that know... know (a degree of irony given he's the one that did the work). Certainly in no major rush to be rid of it, but it's a bit too much cash tied up for a wall hanger for me. I'll list everything in detail below, emphasis on detail.

Base RIF:

E&L AKS74U Tactical MOD C Platinum (bought from new)

Externals:

Genuine ZenitCo B-11U Handguard (machined to fit with no play or wobble)

Genuine ZenitCo B-19N Upper Rail

Genuine ZenitCo PK-6 Hand Stop

Genuine ZenitCo B-18 Optic Rail

Genuine ZenitCo B-2 and B-2L Rail Segments (1 of each)

Genuine ZenitCo NPN-2 Rail Covers (2x desert, 2x black)

Genuine ZenitCo A-2L Sling Mount

Genuine ZenitCo RP-1 Charging Handle Extension (machined to fit without play or wobble)

TWI DTK-2 Compensator (machined to fit with proper timing, some wear on the trades)

5KU PBS-1 Mini Suppressor

Unkown Brand Repro US Palm Grip (machined to fit with no play or wobble)

Unknown Brand 'Tactical Selector' (likely Cyma but not certain)

Internals:

ASG U-22000 Motor (motor cage modified to accept)

Lonex Helical Bevel Set

SHS 13:1 Gear Set

PhosBro Bushings

Stock E&L piston

LPE Piston Head

Lonex Cylinder Head

Airlab Sorbo Pad (modified to volume)

Stock E&L nozzle

Prometheus Cylinder

Guarder SP110 Spring (2.5 coils removed)

E&L Spring Guide

E&L Tappet Plate

Gate Titan Mosfet

Trigger Short Stroked

ZCI Hop Unit (hop arm r-hop modded)

Prometheus 6.03 245mm barrel (machined to accept r-hop)

SixG Silicone R-Nub

Promethus Purple Bucking

Stock parts which have been swapped out are all present bar the bevel gear which was donated to someone in need.

FPS wise it's 340 on a 0.2gs BB with a variation of +/- 3, ROF is sitting at 16RPS on a 7.4v LiPo. Currently set up to be running 0.28g BBs. Will come with the stock mag and 6 Cyma mags which have been modified to fit. I've probably put about 500 rounds through it, it is noted that the r-hop will take around 2000 rounds to fully settle.

Pictures below, note that the optic and sling aren't included in the sale.

13A2DDD4-DF88-4599-A963-37007D7E2F83.thumb.jpeg.053feb0c4c2edaab809ee9caa473d04f.jpeg

56B4A018-85AA-48AE-ADD9-EB8DDCBAF018.thumb.jpeg.0225c0e331bd9ec4d6c3cf4cc909b3d0.jpeg

More than aware I'm going to lose a significant amount based on what it cost to put together, the regular formula lands me around the £800 inlcuding fees and postage mark. If buyer wanted to collect they'd be welcome to some batteries. It's a niche build, with a high price tag and expect it won't go particularly quickly... but does that pricing seem reasonable? I'm aware I could shift it quicker should I, at the very least, removed the ZenitCo bits and sell it largely as stock E&L externally with jazzed up internals. But as noted a few times, really not in a mad rush to part with it... just know I want to part with it.

TIA,

Alex

Edited by alxndrhll

• Supporters

as you identify selling as a single unit is going to be tricky. problem with this sort of thing is folk who'd otherwise be interested in that sort of thing will likely have built/commissioned their own (to their particular taste).

please do list it as a one-er though so my poor-spec repro zenit build looks cheaper when i get around to listing it :P

25 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

Hi folks,

This is a project I started gathering bits for much earlier in the year, had the fitting and machining work. Have now used it twice at games and it's just not for me in terms of the ergonomics and general controls/manipulation. What I'd affectionately call 'doing a Dave', those that know... know (a degree of irony given he's the one that did the work). Certainly in no major rush to be rid of it, but it's a bit too much cash tied up for a wall hanger for me. I'll list everything in detail below, emphasis on detail.

Base RIF:

E&L AKS74U Tactical MOD C Platinum (bought from new)

Externals:

Genuine ZenitCo B-11U Handguard (machined to fit with no play or wobble)

Genuine ZenitCo B-19N Upper Rail

Genuine ZenitCo PK-6 Hand Stop

Genuine ZenitCo B-18 Optic Rail

Genuine ZenitCo B-2 and B-2L Rail Segments (1 of each)

Genuine ZenitCo NPN-2 Rail Covers (2x desert, 2x black)

Genuine ZenitCo A-2L Sling Mount

Genuine ZenitCo RP-1 Charging Handle Extension (machined to fit without play or wobble)

TWI DTK-2 Compensator (machined to fit with proper timing, some wear on the trades)

5KU PBS-1 Mini Suppressor

Unkown Brand Repro US Palm Grip (machined to fit with no play or wobble)

Unknown Brand 'Tactical Selector' (likely Cyma but not certain)

Internals:

ASG U-22000 Motor (motor cage modified to accept)

Lonex Helical Bevel Set

SHS 13:1 Gear Set

PhosBro Bushings

Stock E&L piston

LPE Piston Head

Lonex Cylinder Head

Airlab Sorbo Pad (modified to volume)

Stock E&L nozzle

Prometheus Cylinder

Guarder SP110 Spring (2.5 coils removed)

E&L Spring Guide

E&L Tappet Plate

Gate Titan Mosfet

Trigger Short Stroked

ZCI Hop Unit (hop arm r-hop modded)

Prometheus 6.03 245mm barrel (machined to accept r-hop)

SixG Silicone R-Nub

Promethus Purple Bucking

Stock parts which have been swapped out are all present bar the bevel gear which was donated to someone in need.

FPS wise it's 340 on a 0.2gs BB with a variation of +/- 3, ROF is sitting at 16RPS on a 7.4v LiPo. Currently set up to be running 0.28g BBs. Will come with the stock mag and 6 Cyma mags which have been modified to fit. I've probably put about 500 rounds through it, it is noted that the r-hop will take around 2000 rounds to fully settle.

Pictures below, note that the optic and sling aren't included in the sale.

13A2DDD4-DF88-4599-A963-37007D7E2F83.thumb.jpeg.053feb0c4c2edaab809ee9caa473d04f.jpeg

56B4A018-85AA-48AE-ADD9-EB8DDCBAF018.thumb.jpeg.0225c0e331bd9ec4d6c3cf4cc909b3d0.jpeg

More than aware I'm going to lose a significant amount based on what it cost to put together, the regular formula lands me around the £800 inlcuding fees and postage mark. If buyer wanted to collect they'd be welcome to some batteries. It's a niche build, with a high price tag and expect it won't go particularly quickly... but does that pricing seem reasonable? I'm aware I could shift it quicker should I, at the very least, removed the ZenitCo bits and sell it largely as stock E&L externally with jazzed up internals. But as noted a few times, really not in a mad rush to part with it... just know I want to part with it.

TIA,

Alex

Sadly I doubt there is much of a market for the gun at that price. Would put the gun externally to stock as much as possible and sell the parts separately for a better return. Modify generally doesn't add value to a gun.

Aye, as noted in the initial post I've sold enough 'high end' RIFs to know how to sell them at a decent pace and where the perceived value generally sits. On actual costs the £800 I'm enquiring about here is probably not far off 50% of what the build cost in total rather than the regular 60-70%. Lands in a weird spot between niche and 'typical' in terms of an externally jazzed up Krink, given the general limitations of what you can actually do to them.

Ultimately I don't want to be sat on a bunch of furniture fielding the never ending flood of 'will this fit on [insert something which isn't the exact RIF they're currently on here]'. The nature of AKs is that I can't honestly answer that question with 100% accuracy/honesty even is the RIF in question is another E&L AK.

For those which have left a comment, noting it'd go easier split up, does £800 seem fair for what's on offer? Pricing things like this always feels like a bit of a nightmare... but I know the moment you pop up a RIF on here for anything above £400ish without explanation 9 times out a 10 you're ending up on Mack's within an hour.

What a beaut! 😍

Providing it's a chunk below what you have in it, I wouldn't worry about Mack's. Obviously not a huge market at that price though, so why not start there and see how you get on/feel.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, alxndrhll said:

Lands in a weird spot between niche and 'typical' in terms of an externally jazzed up Krink

i'd say typical for a jazzed up krink, but a jazzed up krink in itself is the niche.

Ultimately I don't want to be sat on a bunch of furniture fielding the never ending flood of 'will this fit on [insert something which isn't the exact RIF they're currently on here]'. The nature of AKs is that I can't honestly answer that question with 100% accuracy/honesty even is the RIF in question is another E&L AK.

yep, folk are too used to their block-19's and ar builds, not used to the idea of having to fettle parts to fit.

For those which have left a comment, noting it'd go easier split up, does £800 seem fair for what's on offer?

does seem fair for a build of that caliber, the only problem is the overlap between people that want that kind of spec and people who already have guns of that spec.

but I know the moment you pop up a RIF on here for anything above £400ish without explanation 9 times out a 10 you're ending up on Mack's within an hour.

i'm almost tempted to put it in macks now just to spite you :P

1 minute ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i'd say typical for a jazzed up krink, but a jazzed up krink in itself is the niche.

Not unreasonable, but I also wonder if that's more down to the effort involved in getting there than it is because folks don't want them. Could well just be my bias though, dripped out AKs always garner a lot of attention. I know I get a lot of questions about it when I've used it. Which largely leads in to the next bit in regard to the fettling and machining to fit, which I can tell you first hand isn't notably cheap to have done right.

Had it not been for me being notably brutal now in terms of keeping my collection to what I actually used I'd definitely be holding onto it, but seeing RIFs not getting used just makes me sad... and I know this one will sit on a shelf because I'm a boring mayo AR guy and I simply have to accept who I am.

4 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i'm almost tempted to put it in macks now just to spite you :P

You Love To See It GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Supporters
Just now, alxndrhll said:

Not unreasonable, but I also wonder if that's more down to the effort involved in getting there than it is because folks don't want them. Could well just be my bias though, dripped out AKs always garner a lot of attention. I know I get a lot of questions about it when I've used it. Which largely leads in to the next bit in regard to the fettling and machining to fit, which I can tell you first hand isn't notably cheap to have done right.

effort and cost for sure, its the sad truth that above a certain threshold of cost guns will gather a lot of attention and interest until folk hear the price tag.

especially when it comes to the RS zenitco stuff as folk who want that also want to buy exactly the setup they like, kinda like custom paint in a way.

hopefully it doesn't take too long to find the buyer with the right combination of aesthetic preference, cashmoney, and lack of current gun. 

Just now, Adolf Hamster said:

effort and cost for sure, its the sad truth that above a certain threshold of cost guns will gather a lot of attention and interest until folk hear the price tag.

especially when it comes to the RS zenitco stuff as folk who want that also want to buy exactly the setup they like, kinda like custom paint in a way.

hopefully it doesn't take too long to find the buyer with the right combination of aesthetic preference, cashmoney, and lack of current gun. 

Aye, I gathered the parts across a few months and almost hadn't realised how wince enducing the total was until pricing it up for the listing. I guess the whole 'exact setup they want' was largely was I was eluding to with the 'typical jazzed up Krink' statement. Excluding a stock it has literally everything you could put on a Krink from their catalogue on it, and all the parts from stock to remove anything that wasn't wanted. So it's kind of pretty much as deep as you can go unless you're after adjustable LoP or just like the look/feel of the Zenit stocks.

Fingers crossed, with that said I'm in the fortunate position of not being in a huge rush hence the lack of willingness to split or drop it at fire sale prices. Obviously listing it in the hope it'll sell, but I've certainly been more keen to have somethign shifted quickly in the past... and had to price accordingly.

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

Aye, I gathered the parts across a few months and almost hadn't realised how wince enducing the total was until pricing it up for the listing.

where have i heard that before? :P :P :P

On 07/08/2021 at 09:48, Adolf Hamster said:

Totting up the big-ticket items (base gun, pbs4, 2dp, pk1, mags, titan and warhead) has the total at £1327

yes that’s the first time I’ve run the numbers and yes, I do feel slightly ashamed of myself.

Eggplant Emoji 🍆 | Know Your Meme

That is pretty

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.