Hello

Red.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All,

New to the forum and still pretty new to airsoft, played a few times before years ago having borrowed some friends guns but, after attending the NAE at Ground Zero this year I've decided id like to play some more and get a bit more involved. Getting set up with an M4 from a friend then going to get a mk23 and play around with that upgrading etc.

Ex forces and prefer to play a faster more aggressive play style, although that was slightly hindered at the NAE due to all the bottle necks on the paths and sheer volume of people ha ha.

Will more than likely be spending most of my time playing at GZ just near Ringwood, but I like to look of some of the other sites in the South and quite fancy doing some CQB events like at the mall in Newbury.

so yeah, nice to meet you all, look forward to maybe meeting some of you at events in the south.

Cheers,

Red

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

Hi @Red. 👋

Welcome to the forum, full of advice and like minded players! 🔫🤪👍

Good luck getting your gear together, watch your bank balance! 🤪👍

💷GAMBLE💷

Cheers for the warm welcome gents,

Looking at the areas that you guys play I hadn't realised there were so many sites around the UK, I know there is a fairly decent scene in some European countries

and have spent a bit of time watching you tube vids but i think ill have to do some reading as to what sites are about. Are there any other large events like the NAF that take place around the UK at any point? I know game types can vary between sites, id prefer not to play attack and defend type scenarios where your just stood around for ages.

@gamble - Good luck getting your gear together, watch your bank balance! 🤪👍

Not planning to go down the rabbit hole and amass a huge amount of guns/gear but I think long term I may want to build a C8 diemaco/L119A1

my first real step though is getting some decent eye pro and finding a solution to fogging, on the Sunday at the NAF my game was just ruined due to fogging so much. May have something

to do with the amount of booze that was sweating out of me but i tried sprays/spit and nothing helped. The Bolle goggles i was using were quite snug on my cheeks so most probably affected air flow.

I've been warned away from mesh goggles due to BB's potentially fragmenting on impacting, any recommendations or advice would be welcomed but i have seen a large amount of posts related to this so need to do some reading.

cheers guys 👍

Yeah, fogging is one of the constant problems in airsoft (as well as non hit takers 😏)

There are a few anti-fog solutions you can try from Revision wipes to CatCrap but there doesn't seem to be an overall solution.

Mesh does have a certain risk but I've seen lots of people use them without problems.  I use mesh but have glasses underneath which works great.

I prefer the wire (A) versions rather than sheet with holes (B).  The wire type is easier to see through and I think it has slight flex which would reduce the chances of BBs shattering.

(A)

mwsh-mask-22.thumb.jpg.cbb67896f62008de6e20d1628c78cf72.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(B)

airsoft-goggles-large-metal-mesh-safety-glasses-eye-protection-black-acm-no-fog-4201-p.jpeg.f88dda8f08a038d3932da92411db601d.jpeg

Any game will be as fun as you make it.

Fast attacks and aggressive advances can bring tactical advantages but expect to be lit up and do a lot of walking back to spawn 😉

Just play as you want.

Edited by EDcase

Hi. Started at Absolute Airsoft in Reading but now play more often at z mart in Newbury. Great place. Hope to see you there.

3 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Hi. Started at Absolute Airsoft in Reading but now play more often at z mart in Newbury. Great place. Hope to see you there.

Cheers Wolfie! 

website and what ive seen of it does look good 👍

8 hours ago, EDcase said:

Yeah, fogging is one of the constant problems in airsoft (as well as non hit takers 😏)

There are a few anti-fog solutions you can try from Revision wipes to CatCrap but there doesn't seem to be an overall solution.

Mesh does have a certain risk but I've seen lots of people use them without problems.  I use mesh but have glasses underneath which works great.

I prefer the wire (A) versions rather than sheet with holes (B).  The wire type is easier to see through and I think it has slight flex which would reduce the chances of BBs shattering.

(A)

mwsh-mask-22.thumb.jpg.cbb67896f62008de6e20d1628c78cf72.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(B)

airsoft-goggles-large-metal-mesh-safety-glasses-eye-protection-black-acm-no-fog-4201-p.jpeg.f88dda8f08a038d3932da92411db601d.jpeg

Any game will be as fun as you make it.

Fast attacks and aggressive advances can bring tactical advantages but expect to be lit up and do a lot of walking back to spawn 😉

Just play as you want.

appreciate the helpful post EDcase! 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.