209 Primers Northern Ireland

Jyden

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys,

I'm from Northern Ireland, what are the laws around buying 209 primers from grenades? Are you even allowed to use 209 primed grenades?

Would like someone with more brains than i do to help me out!

Thanks 

My swat vtg grenade takes 209 primers, which I've used with no issues. I used to buy them from socomtactical, but its been a while! and I'm not sure how it would pan out now with Brexit etc....

If youre over 18 then it should be ok. I would try a NI based shop first.

I am pretty sure in n. ireland you are legally required to fill out a form with the police to buy any pyros or explosives/fireworks

and explain the purpose you are buying them for, the reason why you can buy pyros while playing on an airsoft site but are not

legally allowed to remove them from the airsoft site.  You might want to check into the NI laws before trying to purchase.

Below is the page regarding fireworks and the form you would have to fill out to apply for a license to purchase in northern ireland.  I assume this would also include primers but you could check with Ni airsoft shops or even maybe airsoft sites as they may better know the in and outs of the law.

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/fireworks

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.