Bolt AEG Recoil Rifles

AirsoftRich

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Does anybody have any experience with Bolt AEG recoil stock rifles?

Any reviews, pros or cons?

I like the TM as said in previous post.

I’m just considering my options but I like to do my research and gather general opinion on manufacturers and specific products.

They're ok, but nothing special. Had one of their M4s before. The recoil is noticeable but it's just a kinda feels like a rubberband being pinged at you. 

Looking at patrolbase atm, around 350+ for one of those things. I can't really say i'd recommend it. A TM recoil M4 has much nicer externals.

1 hour ago, AK47frizzle said:

They're ok, but nothing special. Had one of their M4s before. The recoil is noticeable but it's just a kinda feels like a rubberband being pinged at you. 

Looking at patrolbase atm, around 350+ for one of those things. I can't really say i'd recommend it. A TM recoil M4 has much nicer externals.

Thanks.

I was leaning more towards the TM.

I visited a well known Airsoft store today and had this conversation about the TM and I felt they were trying to push the Bolt as a comparable but inexpensive option.

I just didn’t feel like it was something to compare to a renowned TM so I came here for answers and opinions.

I’m completely open to all suggestions BUT I do my research first.

Looking forward to more input from people.

Edited by AirsoftRich
Correction.

I was considering a BOLT but my research on recoils brought me to THIS

Out of curiosity, anyone tried one to compare?

I found one for a good price at Bespoke and the recoil seems amazing to me but I haven't been able to compare to a BOLT or TM.

It has a different impulse to my GBBRs of course but its almost more violent to the point that I'm wondering how long it will last 🤔

Unfortunately they're hard to find now.

Edited by EDcase

8 hours ago, EDcase said:

I was considering a BOLT but my research on recoils brought me to THIS

Out of curiosity, anyone tried one to compare?

I found one for a good price at Bespoke and the recoil seems amazing to me but I haven't been able to compare to a BOLT or TM.

It has a different impulse to my GBBRs of course but its almost more violent to the point that I'm wondering how long it will last 🤔

Unfortunately they're hard to find now.

That’s certainly interesting. 
It looks like a fair amount of recoil on that.

Shame it’s hard to find these days.

1 hour ago, sjhirst said:

Sorry to throw another one in, but have you considered the KWA range at all?

I had the TK45 and it really was a superb EBB. Very solid and pretty darn accurate at stock setting.

‘Goes off to look’ 👀

I’ve had both, the bolt kicks harder but the gen 2 quality is better than the gen 1 but nowhere near tm.

KWA - stronger recoil built like tanks and get the later rear wired generation 3 if you want Titan compatible gearbox.

Id buy the kwa over the bolt particularly the pts stock/rail centurion m4 model

but I would still take the Tm over the KWA as you are getting into Tm recoil price point

Edited by Stratton Oakmont

3 hours ago, Stratton Oakmont said:

I’ve had both, the bolt kicks harder but the gen 2 quality is better than the gen 1 but nowhere near tm.

KWA - stronger recoil built like tanks and get the later rear wired generation 3 if you want Titan compatible gearbox.

Id buy the kwa over the bolt particularly the pts stock/rail centurion m4 model

but I would still take the Tm over the KWA as you are getting into Tm recoil price point

I have been looking at a few reviews on the KWA Ronin it seems pretty good.

One thing that may push me to the TM though is the fire selector on the KWA.

In a review by Patrol Base he mentioned that although it’s ambi the right side is slightly shorter than the left to accomodate your trigger finger.

Thing is although I can shoulder and shoot both left or right I am left handed and it’s much more comfortable for me left hand on the trigger.

I will have to hold one in person to decide that.

I have a BOLT M16 and a TM NGRS M4 SOPMOD and the TM quality is better than BOLT's, but the recoil is waay better than the TM...but I would go for a TM instead, considering there isn't much in the price point. (Depending where you shop)

I've never had a problem with my TM, but i've broken the BOLT once, which Negative Airsoft fixed for me..but I am starting to have further issues with the BOLT...the main one being the Stock has sheered away from the the gun and until I can figure out how to fix it, it's gaffer taped on...  The recoil of this gun is just too much for it to handle I think....

I still love my BOLT, it's a lot of fun to play with...but the TM is well, just a bit better on QC and longevity.

37 minutes ago, Monkman said:

I have a BOLT M16 and a TM NGRS M4 SOPMOD and the TM quality is better than BOLT's, but the recoil is waay better than the TM...but I would go for a TM instead, considering there isn't much in the price point. (Depending where you shop)

I've never had a problem with my TM, but i've broken the BOLT once, which Negative Airsoft fixed for me..but I am starting to have further issues with the BOLT...the main one being the Stock has sheered away from the the gun and until I can figure out how to fix it, it's gaffer taped on...  The recoil of this gun is just too much for it to handle I think....

I still love my BOLT, it's a lot of fun to play with...but the TM is well, just a bit better on QC and longevity.

Good to know thanks for the input.

The KWA/PTS/KSC ERG's are built like tanks and kick like mules.  Out of the box they may need a softer hop up as they are designed for higher velocities, no other upgrades are needed.  Unlike the tM they will use standard mags without an adapter ( one less thing to go wrong ) but you will lose stop on empty if you have one with that feature.  As for the selector bing shorter on one side, its reversible.

20 minutes ago, BigAl said:

The KWA/PTS/KSC ERG's are built like tanks and kick like mules.  Out of the box they may need a softer hop up as they are designed for higher velocities, no other upgrades are needed.  Unlike the tM they will use standard mags without an adapter ( one less thing to go wrong ) but you will lose stop on empty if you have one with that feature.  As for the selector bing shorter on one side, its reversible.

I did wonder if the selector would be reversible or not.

I’m not really fussed about the bolt stop on empty mags.

Would the entire hop need changing or just the rubber?

The review by Patrolbase did say it has no problem sending .25’s and .28’s.

This is going to take a lot of thought while I move towards my UKARA.

Just the rubber mate.  you can't get a UKARA, its a retaiers association, what you need is a defence, ie proof you are a skirmisher.  Site Membership is the mot common and is what is recorded on UKARA's database which is simply one way of. proving it.

1 hour ago, BigAl said:

Just the rubber mate.  you can't get a UKARA, its a retaiers association, what you need is a defence, ie proof you are a skirmisher.  Site Membership is the mot common and is what is recorded on UKARA's database which is simply one way of. proving it.

It was a loose term I mean working towards my UKARA Number to use as a valid defence.

I am a member of F&O and am completing my required attendances with them.

As for the rubbers that’s a whole new mine field for me to navigate.

Have heard a lot of people rating the Maple Leaf ones.

1 hour ago, Dentonboy said:

Bolt's SR47 range...something that has always tempted me. 

Hmm they look nice and even come with a 600RD Hi Cap (even though such a sizable mag I.M.O. would take away from the immersion ( I haven’t had the opportunity to have 600RD’s yet but I can see how anticlimactic spewing 600 BB’s with no mag change could be)).

That being said so far I haven’t read very much in the way of good build quality with Bolt.

Edited by AirsoftRich
Spelling and Grammar Edit.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.