TM MP5 NGRS Owners

JamesWills

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone upgrade their barrel and hop up yet?

Thinking of putting a Laylax 6.03 EG barrel with a Nineball AEP bucking in

might also put a new spring in at the same time and try and get it up to the 340 FPS mark

1 hour ago, Yuukan said:

Can anyone suggest a suppressor that would fit the small acetech tracer inside of it ?

Acetech produce a 220mm suppressor just for that purpose think I saw it last on Amazon.

On 30/10/2021 at 14:34, mightyjebus said:

if anyone was wondering the VFC GBB MP5 Solid stock fits straight on.

1626436545_mp5solidstock.thumb.jpg.2efb499a2a05647dabfbb47dafb9427e.jpg

365767099_mp5solidstock1.thumb.jpg.1e93afbe9d4ed714b1ec2f182bde7d1c.jpg

What optic mount are you using and does it sit level ?

On 16/12/2021 at 08:53, Yuukan said:

Can anyone suggest a suppressor that would fit the small acetech tracer inside of it ?

Which one do you have? The photo I posted just above you of the Madbull suppressor actually has an Acetech Blaster M in it (the removable module inside a Raider.)

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/10/2021 at 18:01, JamesWills said:

It seems that VFC MP5 GBB parts fit the MP5 NGRS its a shame no UK shops have any parts in

In other news I got my new silencer in the post today, fits very nicely with the 3 lug adapter

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/tokyo-marui-pro-silencer-short-type-115mm14mm-ccw-save

1602988520_MP5Sup1.thumb.jpg.b44de13452662556819931daf0c16752.jpg837600381_MP5Sup2.thumb.jpg.370cd59681f859fada5ac45fca77bbaa.jpg

By any chance have you experimented with sticking a small tracer unit in there ?

On 05/01/2022 at 23:14, Yuukan said:

By any chance have you experimented with sticking a small tracer unit in there ?

Yes I tried fitting an Xcortech XT301 inside but not good way of holding it in place without a custom 3D printed shroud 

• 3 weeks later...

Not good news for those hoping to get their hands on an MP5 in the next few months 

image.png.9b4af92cf79edcf88200ede4cfe69e50.png

41 minutes ago, JamesWills said:

Not good news for those hoping to get their hands on an MP5 in the next few months 

image.png.9b4af92cf79edcf88200ede4cfe69e50.png

I wonder what's causing the small batch sizes? Component shortages, or underestimating the initial popularity? definitely a shame either way though.

1 hour ago, Crazy_Crystal said:

I wonder what's causing the small batch sizes? Component shortages, or underestimating the initial popularity? definitely a shame either way though.

I imagine its the chip shortage that's causing it, with it being the first NGRS with a mosfet other than the MK46 I assume they cant make enough to meet demand 

23 hours ago, JamesWills said:

I imagine its the chip shortage that's causing it, with it being the first NGRS with a mosfet other than the MK46 I assume they cant make enough to meet demand 

Yeah that sounds about right, along with the chinese military exercises that have been disrupting shipping in the area which probably don't help either.

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/09/2021 at 16:14, mightyjebus said:

when the lack of spare magazines drives you to making your own......

1592801615_MP5magazine.thumb.jpg.c8fdc2b5f8cde8190c011e05557baa97.jpg

Sooo are these Magazines ready yet ? :P

No. I probably wouldn't either on the basis that the stock response was fine (for me) as it was and not sure how their proprietary mosfet (you know, the one with no spares right now) might interact with a Warfet..

Happy for someone else to test it with theirs though.

23 hours ago, Hatchet said:

No. I probably wouldn't either on the basis that the stock response was fine (for me) as it was and not sure how their proprietary mosfet (you know, the one with no spares right now) might interact with a Warfet..

Happy for someone else to test it with theirs though.

Do I have it twisted ?
Does the Warhead brushless motor also include a mosfet ?

I just wanted to stick in a brushless motor to improve efficiency, silence some of the whirr to give me more clack clack and have a little more torque for pulling a heavier spring.

Gate don't recommend brushless motors with their mosfets/FCU's. Some reports of damage being caused to either or both components (possibly caused by active braking, but unclear). The brushless motors don't have a mosfet exactly but they do have an electronic control unit to make the motor work.

I'm suggesting that, given that position and that the Marui is impossible to get spares for right now, is it worth risking buggering it up? The stock motor's an EG1000, so you should be able to pull anything you need to for UK limits without any problem.

Might be fine of course. But, given the cost of the gun and the motor...